16937MVC-017S.jpg

16937penny_backer_bridge.jpg

16937lv2.jpg

16937lv3.jpg

16937lv9.jpg

16937lv015.jpg

16937lv017.jpg

16937lv019.jpg

It has also been converted from an automatic to a 5spd standard with LUK custom heavy duty clutch, next serious mods are a 8 point roll cage 4.56 gears (5.13's would be nicer) and a pair of sliders, and of course finish all the other little stuff like relocating the battery to the rear and either using an F150 rear gas tank or fuel cell center mounted where the spare tire would originaly be mounted.
Purchacing the door hinge repair kit so I can make my doors removable. :wink:

Then I guess well see about saving for a winch.

16937inside12.JPG

16937inside13.JPG

16937rearmat1.JPG

Some other interesting articles about the build up and mods to the Nasty Hoe:

How the transmission conversion came about!

Turn Signal Mod and Tow Hooks

Removing 3" BL, just too tall & Death Wobble

Transfer Case shift motor issues, Brain's got the hook-up!

Wider is better

Navajo $1000
www.explorer4x4.com membership $30
315-75-16's $285
SOA perches $40
Lift from Iles4ever $400
Extended SS Brake lines from Robb $40
EB Wheels from GJarrett $150
4dr springs $35
front LSD from Msupertek $140
Herculiner $40
5spd conversion w/clutch $800
97' Celica GTS seats $35
New Motor $500
Optima battery $35
Ford/Mazda/JBL Audio system $free.ninty free/swapped with Explorer at work
Poneer 10" sub $free.ninty free/donation from a friend
Tinted glass $free.ninty free/swapped with vehicle at work
Lights and roof rack from Msupertek $free.ninty free
Grant GT steering wheel $free.ninty free/donation
Full brakes and front wheel bearings $100
Manual hubs from Broke Boy B$200
www.Rocknob.com $40
Hand throttle $12
Flow Pro Muffler $free.ninty free

total: $3882

I'm sure I'm missing somethings but you get the point.

Stuff like the 30-9.50 AT's, factory wheels, F150 coil spacers and lift shackles and other things were sold to offest/absorb thier cost or the cost of new things, so if I thought that is made a difference to add those I would but since they brought the monies needed to pay for themselves and other stuff it become a mute point to add them.

So the price is as it would stand for what it would cost if you were to buy a $1000 rig loose the oil pump, do all the machine work and rebuuild yourself including the head work so the price is mainly parts, convert your trans from automatic to 5spd and the lift and such.
I'm on a strict budget so I shop and barter whenever possible.

BTW you have no idea how much cheaper this is compared to racing. ;)

Happy Wheeling, Jeff - :navajo:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

whoa... that looks pretty sick. Thats an awesome job you have done to your navajo/explorer bro. Happy 4wd-ing hehe.

Nice, you've come a long way with that!

Looks great, I like the front bumper. I may do that to mine.

Awesome buildup.

Nice Wheels :D Have you installed any extra character marks on them lately?

Great B & A Jeff....:D

nice NaStY hOe..... hahahahah I likey. You got a good deal on that truck man.

Very nice, but man do those tires look small with all that lift. Ever consider removing the body lift? Good luck.

zainyD said:
Very nice, but man do those tires look small with all that lift. Ever consider removing the body lift? Good luck.

Yes I have, and X-Kid and I have got it sorted out, he's shipping me a stock set of bolts so I can remove the 3" body lift, which I also hope takes away most of the "Death Wobble" I get at speeds over 45-50mph.

Plus with the SOA the E-Brake cables are way too short.

And I need to purchace a set of wheels with an back spacing of 3 3/4" also, as the EB wheels that used to be GJarrett are too much od a narrow track.

excellent. how much has it cost so far?

matey said:
excellent. how much has it cost so far?

Navajo $1000
www.explorer4x4.com membership $30
315-75-16's $285
SOA perches $40
Lift from Iles4ever $400
Extended SS Brake lines from Robb $40
EB Wheels from GJarrett $150
4dr springs $35
front LSD from Msupertek $140
Herculiner $40
5spd conversion w/clutch $800
97' Celica GTS seats $35
New Motor $500
Optima battery $35
Ford/Mazda/JBL Audio system $free.ninty free/swapped with Explorer at work
Poneer 10" sub $free.ninty free/donation from a friend
Tinted glass $free.ninty free/swapped with vehicle at work
Lights and roof rack from Msupertek $free.ninty free
Grant GT steering wheel $free.ninty free/donation
Full brakes and front wheel bearings $100
Manual hubs from Broke Boy B$200
www.Rocknob.com $40
Hand throttle $12
Flow Pro Muffler $free.ninty free

total: $3882

I'm sure I'm missing somethings but you get the point.

Stuff like the 30-9.50 AT's, factory wheels, F150 coil spacers and lift shackles and other things were sold to offest/absorb thier cost or the cost of new things, so if I thought that is made a difference to add those I would but since they brought the monies needed to pay for themselves and other stuff it become a mute point to add them.

So the price is as it would stand for what it would cost if you were to buy a $1000 rig loose the oil pump, do all the machine work and rebuuild yourself including the head work so the price is mainly parts, convert your trans from automatic to 5spd and the lift and such.
I'm on a strict budget so I shop and barter whenever possible.

BTW you have no idea how much cheaper this is compared to racing. ;)

Jeff - :navajo:

Looks good jeff..haven't seen ya in a while...Keep up the good work!

Looks great Jeff. :thumbsup: Bummer you moved farther away. Nothing wrong with being near the hill country tho. ;)

SKyjacker_44 said:
Looks good jeff..haven't seen ya in a while...Keep up the good work!

WOW! Wade long time no hear sir!

AspenX said:
Looks great Jeff. :thumbsup: Bummer you moved farther away. Nothing wrong with being near the hill country tho. ;)

Actually this is such a better place than Waco could ever had been, there are more trail rig/buggies here (one street over from me is a street with 6 trail rigs on it and BBQ's every weekend) and this is the bicycling mecca of Texas also, and being in the hill country there are actually more places here localy to go wheel and hang out for wheelers than DFW or Waco, not to mention my sweetie is here to, speaking of which I need to talk with your brother ;).

Anyhoo, you just can't beat it here, hills, rocks, cycling, beer, coffee, live music, Lance, Stevie Ray Vaughn, the capitol, the river, Hippie Hollow, perormance and fab shops out the waazooo, and best of all my sweetie!

5 hours from the Franklin Mountians, 3 hours from Louisiana, 3 from Houstoned and Dallass, less 1 hour from being in the middle of no where to primitive camp.

I love it!

yeah no joke it's been a while been busy with work....good news i lifted my truck instead of lowering it lol....right now it sits 2 inch's higher than stock.....but your truck looks great... where'd ya move to? and happend to ya over on nukinfutz? i'v been surfin aroudnt there again a lil...anyway...shoot me a Pm some time take it easy

SVO said:
... not to mention my sweetie is here to, speaking of which I need to talk with your brother ;) ....

Huh? Did I date her or something when she was twelve years old? :D

You're right, you've moved to a great area of Texas. If I ever end up back in Texas it will be somewhere in the Central Texas Hill Country. Gorgeous area.

GJarrett said:
Huh? Did I date her or something when she was twelve

No, no, no hahahha! funny stuff though. :p

I need to PM you about what sort of arrangements you and GL had about your wedding and how you went about your plans, blah blah blah, looks like 6/4/05 will be another copy cat wedding.

Has anyone planned a Moab trip of 05' yet anyways, I haven't seen one.

Kool! Gotta tell you though that June is pushing it in Moab. June may be okay but you're looking at the very real possibility of 100+ degree temperatures by then. Early June might work on the cooler side. I was thinking of scheduling Moab next year for Memorial Day and fishing for a response from this board, but the weekend afterward could work too. Beyond that, you're looking at taking a chance on experiencing hellonearth desert conditions. Ashli and I hit a couple of trails last year in July on the way out to run the Rubicon and the temp on the trails hovered from 110+ to 118+. Don't let anyone tell you "yeah but it's a dry heat" because I guarantee you that no matter whether it is wet or dry, 118 degrees is mighty dang hot.

GJarrett said:
Ashli and I hit a couple of trails last year in July on the way out to run the Rubicon and the temp on the trails hovered from 110+ to 118+. Don't let anyone tell you "yeah but it's a dry heat" because I guarantee you that no matter whether it is wet or dry, 118 degrees is mighty dang hot.

Yeah I Biked Slick Rock/ and rented a Jeep the next day and wheeled Slick Rock in the middle of August last year, kinda toasty ;)

Shouldn't be too much of an issue, we'll just consider Texas as "pre-heating" the oven! lol!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nice!!!

Back