The Wifes 98 V8 AWD XLT | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

The Wifes 98 V8 AWD XLT

Well on 13th of this month. (My b-day) I went and bought the woman a 98 V8 AWD XLT for $2700. She has been wanting a 4 door something for a while now. With with 2 kids both in car seats I can understand. As for mods the list will probably stay small. But any ways here is the plan of mods for it so far.

She likes the ranger wheels on my sport and hers needs tires soon so she will get the ranger wheels and my v8 sport will be getting some 18s put on it.
Remove roof rack
install later model bumper and color match it to the body
install side skirts/wheel lips and color match to the body
Cold air intake
electric fan
remote start
remove chrome grill and replaced with a color matched one

Well that is all I can think of for now.

Completed mods:
installed auto head lamp/ auto dim mirror and wiring harness

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

LOL if you look really close at my first pic you can see a v8 in the window of my sport.

Nice I just got my wife a 99 mounty v8 not long ago kinda doin the same thing

Well I just hope she likes it.

Oh yea this is her third second Gen and she loves it

LOL Same here this is the 3rd one that she has drove. But it is her first 4 door. This also make the 4th for me since I will still drive it some what. I found it funny the first thing she said is were is the auto head lights.

Yea same here she had a 95 sport then a 98 xlt now the mounty and the whole time I have had my 97 sport. Im using the 98 as a DD now and the 95 was sold to a family friend so we could keep an eye on it lol our next one will be a first Gen sport trac

Nice we looked at a 1st gen sport track and this explorer. She ended up picking the EX.

Well not much has happened here. All I have done is installed auto head lamp/ auto dim mirror and wiring harness and removed the cross bars for the roof rack.

Man I knew I should have looked at this stuff when I bought it. Well I would have if I ever got the time too. So what do you all think. Most of them had a 70 - 80 gap.
20130830_235024.jpg

Are they original? The last three 5.0s I did had what im sure were original plugs lol

For all I know they could have been original. They where motorcraft platunms

Well here is a little update on the wifes ex. She had been complaining about a smell and a hissing sound so I set out to see what I could find. Turns out the radiator had a crack in it so now it has a new one.

Here is an update on this thing. Well since much does not happen to this thing. Finlay put the ranger wheels on it and also replaced the noisy IAC Valve.
20131219_134547.jpg

Nice,

I like the Ranger rims, what year are they off of?

They came off of a 2010 ranger but they had them on a couple of years.

It gives the ex a very nice different look..

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yea I want to pick up another set of them. To bad they don't make them in 18's.

Back