This forum needs some excitement!! DB_1's Ranger SAS rebuild | Page 12 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

This forum needs some excitement!! DB_1's Ranger SAS rebuild

Status
Not open for further replies.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Those look great Dave....I have to say, I'm a bit jealous :D

I took a pic of my Classic II wheels today so I could put em up for sale and while I had the camera out I snapped a couple pics of the tailights with the turn signals installed which you couldn't see in the night pics.

img_0693.gif

img_0694.gif

Don't mean to be picky...but can you make the turn signals recessed like the others? :rolleyes:

Believe me Steve, I want them flush too but I could only find that size light that goes in a grommet and if I were to use the grommet I'd have to make a bigger hole and there was no room for that. The back of the light is "keyed" for lack of a better term which I had to make a hole for...lots of fine grinding so it would just fit. Once the key hole was made the lights just twist and lock in place.

BTT for redranger4.0 ;)

I swore I had pics of the shook hoops and crossbrace on here...i'll repost them in just a sec.

This set up has changed slightly...I had to mount the resi's on the hoop itself because they were rubbing on the hood. I also made different upper shock mounts that angle the C/O's in towards the engine more. I'll have to update with newer pics soon. All my fab pics are here if you don't want to wade through the pages of the build thread:http://www.supermotors.net/mygarage/content.php?id=7534&sID=29881

mockup_1.gif

mockup_2.gif

img_0568.gif

img_0569.gif

your really cutting it close with the brake M/C and the coilover. Thanks again for the pictures.

your really cutting it close with the brake M/C and the coilover. Thanks again for the pictures.

Tell me about it, that was another reason why i had to angle the top mounts in so I could keep it away from the M/C. Awhile back, I actually broke one of the upper shock tabs (poor penetration) and the only thing keeping it from taking out the M/C was the shock hoop brace, it was acting as a bumpstop:rolleyes:

Update w/ pics

I thought it's time to update with some pics of the Ranger in it's latest state.
In no particular order are pics of new locations for upper and lower shock mounts...bottoms are moved out and tops are angled in more. Front rock lights mounted, new rear 3/4" amber LED turn signals mounted with light bracket trimmed. Ugly mudflaps installed...and that's all I can think of, enjoy:D
img_0843.gif

img_0844.gif

img_0845.gif

img_0846.gif

img_0847.gif

img_0848.gif

img_0849.gif

img_0841.gif

Thanks Colin,
got those mudflaps at NAPA, they were 24" wide with a border all the way around but I trimmed them to 14" and that left them with no side borders and no support so they flopped around too much. I then made some anti-sail brackets to keep them vertical at highway speeds. A cop can actually give you a ticket for "sailing" mudflaps if he/she were in a bad enough mood:rolleyes:

Damn, Colin needs to repost the mudflap girls pic! :D

LOL...that's funny stuff, I kinda like the keep on truckin' dude too:p:

The bumper should say "I brake for rocks!":D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yeah, got the tires mounted last week at Big-O and they only took 4-5 oz's each which really suprised me. My IROK's took as much as 10 oz's if I remember correctly. I painted the beadLOOK rings a flat dark gray color and they look *****in' IMO. I was gonna do them in black but I figured what the hell. I know they'll get scratched up from wheelin' so when they get jacked up i'll do them in black cause thet grey paint is about 9 bucks a can from Eastwood.
I've also been working on new axle upper link mounts and a new trac-bar mount. I'll post up pics of everything this week when I get a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back