Truck Haven 2011 January 15-16 MLK Weekend | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Truck Haven 2011 January 15-16 MLK Weekend

ill have to look for some rough high speed stuff to give some rides in. probably a bit too wide to get in the trenches and some of the other areas out there.

You should run the ditches, following Ted. That way there can be someone with more turning issues than him :D

~Mark

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

...Mark, this ones for you...:mattmoon:...:p:

...My steering is a heck of a lot better than it used to be...Carlover has run the wash with me and that trip started his modifications...Now I know I won't be able to keep up with him...:biggthump

i havent been back out the TH since that fateful day haha. Ill have my kids with me, and bringing thier honda fl250 so they can play around too.

Just in case anyone needs a reminder. Aftermath of the fateful day.

~Mark

Should we camp on the bluffs this time, since last time was Marina Dr? And there's a lot of flat land south of SR22 in Ocotillo Wells for us 2wd guys who like going fast.

i wanna camp wherever is the closest to the hwy and easiest to get a trailer to haha. cant drive the expo out there its gotta get towed.

Wash is easy to get to with a trailer.. Last time wasn't that bad, even with the mud on the dirt road. I trailer our X out too, that way I can get home if I break something (long drive).

I don't know how hard the bluff is with a trailer. The one time I was there (not sure if it was the typical bluff, was on top) it didn't seem like a trailer would have any issues.

~Mark

the bluffs are nice BUT are bad bad bad for those of us towing especially if towing with a motorhome! The road/bike path out there is very motorhome unfriendly, and I for one prefer to keep my undercarriage under the motorhome and intact!

...But it's a 20 minute longer drive for BKennedy...:p:

...But it's a 20 minute longer drive for BKennedy...:p:
Ah, Ha....but the bluffs west of "The Bluff" are very nice, and easy to get a RV into.....and it would save me 20 minutes of drive time. Alrighty then, its decided.:thumbsup::D:rolleyes::p:

Ah, Ha....but the bluffs west of "The Bluff" are very nice, and easy to get a RV into.....and it would save me 20 minutes of drive time. Alrighty then, its decided.:thumbsup::D:rolleyes::p:

Is that the one when your parents (I think it was your parents) came out in their RV, last January?

~Mark

Hey thats waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more than 20 minutes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
But it was a nice spot!

Is that the one when your parents (I think it was your parents) came out in their RV, last January?

~Mark

Yes

Hey thats waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more than 20 minutes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
But it was a nice spot!

I think its about three minutes farther than the spot with the bike path access, since it is two miles down the road,

5 Weeks from today and we will be on the trails:D

hmmm wanna see them eastbound Motorhomes make that right turn into this area...

yeah that will make things interesting ;)

(just sayin')

hmmm wanna see them eastbound Motorhomes make that right turn into this area...

yeah that will make things interesting ;)

(just sayin')

It is very easy to get into the area I was discussing. Its pretty flat, and you can see the camp spots from the road. It is west of the little dirt track you are hmmmmmm'ing about.

I really don't care where we camp, Marina Drive would be fine with me. I haven't camped down there since last year, so it might be fun. It is closer to the Truckhaven hills, but more noise from other campers since the quad crowd has discovered the area.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Getting excited about this since I don't have any other trips planned between now and this. And a friend and his dad might be coming in their early 60s unibody F100.

Back