Where's all the wheelin' action??? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Where's all the wheelin' action???

Rick

Pumpkin Pilot
Staff member
Admin
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wayoutin, Aridzona
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XL '20 ST
Callsign
AB7FH
It sure seems like there aren't many Explorer runs being planned any more. Are folks just wheeling with other groups? Or just not wheeling at all? We're supposed to have more stuff going on after all these years, not less :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well we just had 11 Explorers at Rausch Creek last weekend.

Texplorer said:
Well we just had 11 Explorers at Rausch Creek last weekend.

Excellent:thumbsup: I guess I was looking for stuff happening out West. We've been keeping an eye out for somewhere to go to beat the AZ heat!! :D I didn't want to start anything, just particapte like I did down in Gilmer.

Aren't alot of offroad explorer here in indiana (yes we have some). I'm wanting to goto chubfest up at badlands, also there's a redbird run for the 26th of this month, don't know if i'll make it since I might be at Holiday World that weekend with the family. Unfortunatly the badlands run schedualed for early this month didn't pan out, too many broken rigs lol. I'm hopping we can get another run together this summer though!

CP

Rick we had/have a run to Arkansas (Superlift PArk) in July. I know alot of us have run into soem financial issues, but you never know........

I know the mid-atlantic guys try to run some trails atleast once a month.. Some people are lucky enough to guide at a ORV park so they can go wheeling practically anytime they want to.

Us NM folk usually plan our runs through PM's and emails. We usually dont post our plans and on occassion we post post-run pictures. Your welcome to come out any time Rick just let us know and we will put something together but if you are looking to beat the heat NM would be better in the fall :D

Brian1 said:
Us NM folk usually plan our runs through PM's and emails.

Ahh, anti-social types aye :p J/K.

There were 3 explorers at southern trailfest(windrock) a couple weekends ago.Maybe it was a little longer than that(early alzhimers).

Well Jefe and I are planning to go on the 26th. Hopefully they'll be more then two trucks this run though. :rolleyes:

..and maybe we'll see if we can get another Big bear run, and if we can get some people together maybe we can plan a Weekend run farther north, now that I have a book for northern California.

Let wheel! :bounce:

If anyone wants to come up to Colorado over July 3-4 wekend, I'll be down in the Ouray area. The group I wheeled with at EJS invited me to join them on Black Bear/ Imagene(sp?) run on Sunday the 4th. I don't know what I'll run on Saturday, but I'm sure I'll figure something out.

any places in maryland to 4 wheel

phooey!

I try to get a run together, and all I hear is "rubicon". rubicon this, rubicon that..

You don't want to even go NEAR the Rubicon on a holiday weekend (Memorial, 4th of July, and Labor Day.) It's a freaking parking lot between Loon Lake and the Little Sluice, from all of the idiots trying to get in to see the show in Little Sluice.

There's plenty of other places to wheel in North California.. Just ask, I know of a few.

curl1 said:
any places in maryland to 4 wheel

There isn't any legal places in Maryland to wheel other than the few state parks out in Western Maryland and a private location in Northern Harford County that a group owns.

I have heard talk of the Rubicon in July.....YIKES. Can we say skidplates, skidplates,, sliders and rear locker? Maybe I should just ride in the pass seat with RangerX and let him make some new dents.

I have been doing some things with the 2wd Ranger guys out here in So Cal, seeing what that is all about, attended the ROR Jump Champs this weekend, Fabtech had a trophey truckout there, flew 150'....THAT is impressive...
I still prefer to 4x4 :) They haven't won me over yet!

Perry Mcneil was also there with the Yellow Ex, performed VERY well and was the only 4x4 of the group. That truck gets lots of attention at a meet like that where it competes against trucks and class I cars...

tdavis said:
phooey!

I try to get a run together, and all I hear is "rubicon". rubicon this, rubicon that..

You don't want to even go NEAR the Rubicon on a holiday weekend (Memorial, 4th of July, and Labor Day.) It's a freaking parking lot between Loon Lake and the Little Sluice, from all of the idiots trying to get in to see the show in Little Sluice.

There's plenty of other places to wheel in North California.. Just ask, I know of a few.

Well speak up! Dont just pout! If the Rubicon is that bad than lets plan a Deer Valley or some place else like you posted (but never replied). :p

Like Rick posted, there are hardly any runs on the west coast.

I have started to wheel with other groups, because they are more active. I post every event I go to in the Northwest forums (faithwheelers.com,broncoii.org, ultimatesubaru.net)I hang out at try to get the ball rolling with more events in the NorthWest. The Naches trail (washington state) sounds like it would be a fun multi day run.
Something like THIS

Rick said:
Excellent:thumbsup: I guess I was looking for stuff happening out West.
Rick,

Ranger X, Brian, 410, Jefe, etc, all 'wheeled behind our slow-moving Rubicon group in April (dern slow-pokes!). It was kinda funny how your group kept bumping into us on the trail (Holcomb Creek for instance). We got snowed on like crazy that day, and the next morning (for Day 2) a Rubicon slid on black ice into a row of boulders just outside of Running Springs... :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Our group is planning a trip up to Los Coyotes in late July (just to give you an idea), and down to the sand dune park south of Rosarito Beach in Baja in 4 more weeks (July 14th). If any Ex's, Rangers, F-150s, & Bronco's want to join us for the Baja trip, they're more than welcome - Rangers, Broncos & a few Explorers are on the dunes there every time I go there... :chug: :chug: :chug:

Rubicon Owners invade Lobster Village & Cantamar Sand Park 7/14

-Ken

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I think something in Flagstaff would be nice.
I hear there is some stuff up at Mt. Lemmon here. Never gets above 75 degrees up there. I haven't done any though. There is Charleau gap up by Oracle. It's a little cooler there too. (Not much though). I think Flagstaff would be nice. I know nothing about Flagstaff, so I would not know where any off roading would be up there.

Back