Which brand of tires do you run | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Which brand of tires do you run

Which brand of tires are you running

• BFGoodrich

Votes: 226 27.6%
  • Interco

Votes: 27 3.3%
  • Mickey Thompson

Votes: 11 1.3%
  • GoodYear

Votes: 130 15.9%
  • Pro Comp

Votes: 26 3.2%
  • Firestone

Votes: 33 4.0%
  • Bridgestone

Votes: 52 6.3%
  • Michelin

Votes: 116 14.1%
  • Pirelli Scorpion

Votes: 45 5.5%
  • Other

Votes: 154 18.8%

• Total voters
Various

Dunlops on the street and MTRs off road.
Also have some thrashed SSRs, and loved my Mickey Thompsons for their looks.
The Dunlop Radial Rover ATs are the best all around tire period. They performed as well as the Mickeys off road and work well in the snow, rain, and highway.
I was going to get some Scorpions but the Dunlops were way cheaper and turned out to be awsome.
My next off road tire will be a new set of SSRs after the truck goes up a few more inches.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Before the lift, had BF Goodrich's.

With the lift was gonna get Pirellis but in the end went with Coopers. I like 'em alright. But I don't have much experience for comparisons.

I've just went from 31"x10.5"x15" GoodYear Wrangler AT/S.....

To Delta Chaparrals A/P 33"x12.5"sx15" just got them on look & feel like a great Tire so far!!!!

BFGoodrich Radial T/A's unfortunately. I really want a set of Michelin Cross-Terrain SUV tires.

anything but DUNLOPS off road.

Had a bad experience with those flipping Land Rover Lover tires. I fell for the hype, new AT/Mud tire, overpriced, took 3 months to get them, one blew a sidewall on the highway after 200 miles, Dunlop was NOT HELPFUL in any way at all, took 6 months to get a replacement, when it finally did get here I ditched them in favor of some Discover's, great tire for 1/2 the price.

Dunlop radial rover R/t = crap. 2 ply sidewall on an off road tire? what are they thinking? Then they tell me it's my fault the sidewall blew up like a water balloon and I NEVER EVEN GOT OFF ROAD with them, they wouldnt warranty the tire, wouldnt talk to me because I'm not a dealer, can you tell I dont like Dunlop any more?

Goodyear owns Dunlop, so you can tell what brand oftires will never see my truck........

scorpion zero's in 275/55/17 they are way better than my old bfg comp t/a's, and infinitely better than the stock tire and rim set up. (offroad however i would probably spend the entire time with them rubbing)

Pirelli Scorpion A/T

I have the 30 x 9.50 Pirelli Scorpion A/T's and yesterday I went to some property I have on the Eastern Shore. It had been raining all day so the dirt road we have going to it was a mess. The road is about a mile and 1/2 long and it was about 3-4 inches of mud. I was worried about getting mud caked up on the tires and getting stuck. Never happened. They shed mud with no problems. I was a worried about sliding off into the 2' ditches on either side. The road is only about 1 1/2 cars wide. Never happened. I cruised the property without even getting close to being stuck. This was the main purpose I bought my X, as it tends to get a little wet and swampy in the summer and some good snow in the winter. On the ride to and from (90 mile 1 way) they performed excellent in the pouring rain. Not once did I feel like I left contact with the road and I was cruising 55-60. I am definitely satisfied.:D

Tim

Cooper Discoverer Radials, stock size. gotten me through everything - mud, snow, floodwaters, gravel and dust, sharp rocks, and speeds well over 100mph.

I currently have Michilins but want the BFG AT/kos I had on my ranger. I may get a new set in the spring:)

Tim

31 x 10.5 x 15 Goodyear Wrangler RT/S

I will be going to 32 or 33 BFG ATko's next winter after I get a 2.5" suspension lift

p265/70/r16 Michelin Cross Terrains, 10/32 tread left, and they are a GREAT tire, after them I wanna go with some 33's tho and a lift...we'll see..

i'm on my 6th set of tires.
First set were 235/75s firestone
2nd set goodyear 235/75s very good grip
3rd set futura super sports 265/70s good grip there
4th set futura dakota rvts 31x10.50 ok in mud
5th set interco super swamper tsls 33x12.50
6th set wild country 32x11.50

now i'm considering some 33s or 35s all terrain so many choices.. :rolleyes:

Ok, well, now I've got Pro-Comp Xterrains... An improvement over the Coopers so far

I'll have to change my vote too. I sold the PIrellis and got some Pro Comps instead.

Considering I went from 275/55 17" to 33x12.5 17" I really can't say which is the better tire...

I got over 100,000 miles on my first set of Michelin LXT's.

I'm on my second set now.

MUd KING!!!! can't beat'em long life on road great offroad!
Gumbo Monster mudders are good as well though

Man, what an old thread. Goodyear Wrangler RT/S for me.

set of remington 31x10.5 mud tires I found in the junkyard for $120, going to pro-comp soon though

:chug: :chug:

i run mastercraft courser M/Ts in 285/65r16 (33x11.25). these are made my cooper.
they are great. under $525 got me 5 of them mounted and balanced.
i think they are as good as any other mud tread (other than super swampers) and they are much less expensive. i'm happy with them!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

BFG AT KOs for me, and love'n 'em. 33x12.5 R15

Back