Will these tires fit with a 2" lift? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Will these tires fit with a 2" lift?

olbullturkle6961

Reaction score
City, State
Golden Hill, Maryland
Year, Model & Trim Level
'92 Explorer Eddie Bauer
Hey, i am new to this forum and i just want to find out some stuff to make my explorer better. I just got a '92 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer edition and is just as plain jane as can be. It is 4wd, all black and is in good shape but i just wanted to know...
I am planning on getting Dick Cepek Dc-1 15x10.50 rims and Goodyear Wrangler Authority 31x10.50 tires. i was wondering if i get a 2" lift (2" coil spacing in the front and 2" blocks in the back) will these rims and tires fit and if a will have a plenty of clearance to turn with them. And if anybody has any other suggestions of different types of rims and tires to get that would make her look good, let me know. i don't want to go any higher than 2" but if i am able to swing a bigger tire, let me know. Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The X is spring under axle in the rear............... blocks would lower it.
The tire is good, may want to think ur rim? 10.5" may rub on the radius arm, try a 15X8 3.75 backspacing..................

For lifting in the back the most common application for a couple of inches is to use a Warrior Shackle setup and replace the stocks. I think It's WAR153 for the product number but I'm not positive... You can also add-a-leaf as well, but if you're looking for 4.5-5.5 inches of lift, might as well go Spring Over Axle... But keeping the setup you have, Add-A-Leaf and Shackles will probably do the trick just fine... I'd start with shackles though and go from there.

http://www.tellico4x4.com/product_info.php/products_id/6362

For lifting in the back the most common application for a couple of inches is to use a Warrior Shackle setup and replace the stocks. I think It's WAR153 for the product number but I'm not positive...

x2

Thanks for letting me know more about what i need to lift my explorer. I don't want to go up to high but just enough to put 31s on my explorer........rngmStr will 15x8 fit on a 31x10.50?

Hey does anybody know the bolt circle on a '92 explorer?

I thought about getting the rims and tires before i get the stuff to lift her to see if they will fit without the lift but a was planning on getting the stuff to lift it up this weekend i hope. I have still been looking for different rims and the ones i like the most are the Dick Cepek dc-1 black. They look good and are a cheap price. Does anyone else know of any other rims that would look good with my black 92' explorer that would be at a good price? i like the rims that are only part black, not all black, any ideas??

Why not just get the warrior shackles (part # war-153) and do a TT? That should easily clear 31's.

He doesn't have torsion bars, he has a first gen.

If you go to 4wheelparts.com you can search for the bolt pattern and size that you want. They have a pretty wide selection of rims. Their prices are high though, so if you find something you like i'd try finding it somewhere else also.

D'oh. Guess it helps to look at the year. lol

imo you should go for new, longer coils instead of coil spacers. i installed the rough country coils and then went with their nitro shocks for 2-3" of lift and im very happy.. but with lifting a first gen ex you always have to keep in mind the cost of alignment afterword. mine was 200 bucks and thats not including the lift.

oh and as far as the back goes i just put in the autozone shackles and they work well. the back is a little lower than the front but not much.

good luck;)

ill post pics of the lift when i become an elite so u can see the difference. im just now starting my search for some cheap 31s

Thank you all for helping me, I just got my new rims but i havent got new tires on it yet

if you are getting new rims and tires, crank the torsion bars, add the shackles and go for 32" tires. you won't regret it.

if you are getting new rims and tires, crank the torsion bars, add the shackles and go for 32" tires. you won't regret it.

as previously posted... he has a 1st Gen...no torsion bars to crank:p:

l8r, John:cool:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

ah, my bad. ::puts on dunce cap and walks to corner::

i vote for 15x8 rims and 32" tires though. 31's are kind of weeny, and price difference is negligible.

Back