2008 Truck Haven Run! Jan 19-20 Discuss!!! | Page 22 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2008 Truck Haven Run! Jan 19-20 Discuss!!!

My to Do list before Truckhaven:D
Change all 4 tires
DONE
Change the oil/filter
try to diagnoise a damn intermittant miss:rolleyes:
DONE:D turn out the above was a bad wire
and replace the idler pulleys.
relocate coil spring
install brake line rebleed system
NewReplace Radius Arm Bushings:thumbdwn:

not much to do right?

eh i am getting there

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yeah i think i can the rest of it done on Thursday including a trip to JY for another radiator

Cybergasm,
R u going to replace that brake line once you get out to Truckhaven, like last time? :)

~Mark

Looks like I should be making it out for the day on Saturday. Tracy has a baby shower to go to so my brother or dad might join me. If not then I will have an open seat. I plan to arrive around 8 am Saturday. The ranger is already loaded on the trailer and strapped down.

Awesome Matt, glad we'll have a decent Ranger contingent out there:thumbsup:

Cybergasm,
R u going to replace that brake line once you get out to Truckhaven, like last time? :)

~Mark

hehe no I am gonna try and replace it before I leave for truckhaven.

if only I could find that line now:scratch:

BTW what is the part number for the rear line? i forgot to look under DWD's truck after the last truckhaven to get the number off of it.

Bluffs or flatlands?

I can't remember, and I'm too lazy to go back and see..

I prefer the Bluffs, the morning view is excellent!

Oh, and trying to get the area on the Bluffs is not easy - everytime I have been there early, someone has beat me to it..

it was decided on the Bluffs

I'm currently out - the Jeep has been my son's daily driver and "somehow" he completely stripped the pinion gear in the rear differential.

I thought I could simply replace the bad gears, but after pulling the whole diff apart - I decided to leave it up to the professionals. I'm still hoping they will have it all finished by Wednesday so I can get it reinstalled.

Ok, my son figured out how to "smooth out" the rough ride from the rear locker. (Don't try this at home, boys!)

Attachments

• Photo_011508_002.jpg
    Photo_011508_002.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 207

DDAAAMMMMMM!:eek: it's been along while since i've seen pinion look like that!

so are ya gonna make it?

DDAAAMMMMMM!:eek: it's been along while since i've seen pinion look like that!

so are ya gonna make it?

The axle "should" be ready for me to pick up tomorrow. Otherwise, I will probably just drive out in the Mini and hang out Sat night.

Besides, Tom always needs someone riding shotgun to say "You're going through that?!!!? . . . why don't I get out and take some nice pictures"

(or borrow my Dad's 2008 X5 for a little ravine running?)

I noticed something in front of the truck on the ground and looked and it was coolant:mad:

Popped the hood to see where is was coming from and sure enough it was leaking from both side tanks.

but after doing what I had to do I stopped at AutoZone to pick up a couple things
and when I check it there no leaks:scratch::shifty_ey

hmmm wondering now if I just throw in a rad. from the jy for now or keep running it and hope it does'nt completly go out on the way to Truckhaven?

I'd replace it before going offroad; once you flex your body on the trail it'll twist the radiator and those two side tanks are gonna really start spewing. When you put your next radiator in, leave the two top mounting screws loosened just a tad so the radiator isn't so securely mounted to your body frame. You do a lot of body flexing on trails and every time you do that it twists the radiator which results in it eventualy splitting the seams. Allowing the radiator to "float" a little will help it last longer.

Ok, my son figured out how to "smooth out" the rough ride from the rear locker. (Don't try this at home, boys!)
I can't wait until Sarah starts driving. I am looking at getting a Silverado pickup in the next few months, so by the time she starts driving it will be a few years old with a few dents, and she can drive that. So I won't have to kill her for messing up my trail rig. Either that, or keep the pickup for me and let her drive the Camry.

When I was 16 I blew the trans axle out of my Dad's baja bug by trying to pop a wheelie on the pavement. That 1835cc motor got the front wheels off the ground for a few seconds before it made a horrible noise and started jerking all over.

Besides, Tom always needs someone riding shotgun to say "You're going through that?!!!? . . . why don't I get out and take some nice pictures"

LOL.

I remember that incident! :D

One of the best sections of trail we have been on.

I do have an open seat...

Well i dont have to work on my explorer for this run but i did spend about ten mins (haha) finding all my crap so i can catch as much as i can while im there.

Attachments

• Started-packing.jpg
    Started-packing.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 201

I SCORED tonight! I went to my trucker buddies house to build a simple CB antenna mount, and walked away with a galaxy radio and a big ol' amp! tomorrow we are gonna build another mount and run dual antennas!

I SCORED tonight! I went to my trucker buddies house to......................
That didn't sound right until you read the whole thing. I felt a moment of uneasyness..................not that there is anything wrong with that, if you are into that sort of thing.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That didn't sound right until you read the whole thing. I felt a moment of uneasyness..................not that there is anything wrong with that, if you are into that sort of thing.

OMG, I'm gonna have to clean the soda out of the keyboard and off the monitor . . . . again!

Back