Zombie Assault Preparedness Vehicle or ZAPV | Page 43 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Zombie Assault Preparedness Vehicle or ZAPV

Before:
1I.jpg

After:
collage1.jpg

I had just bought the truck for 4k with just over 100k miles on it, was just going to be a daily driver but decided to make it a capable off road vehicle. Soon you will see the transformation of this truck into the ZAPV or Zombie Assault Preparedness Vehicle.

This is how I got the truck.
1I.jpg

1IV.jpg

I decided to put bed liner on all of the plastic parts, and it looked good. At this point I thought I was done with the body (foolish me) I was going to settle for a good looking with minor capabilities truck.

2I.jpg

2II.jpg

2III.jpg

2IV.jpg

S7303032.jpg

I soon grew tiered of all the plastic wrapped around the truck, and the fact that the bed liner wasn’t sticking to it, so I pulled all of the plastic off and started over. I filled all of the holes left by the plastic with bondo or expanding insulation foam.

3II.jpg

3I.jpg

3III.jpg

Bed lining was applied next. The whole truck was covered (including the rear wheel well). This didn't take as long as I thought it would.

S7303454.jpg

S7303456.jpg

S7303457.jpg

S7303458.jpg

S7303459.jpg

(this is where I put bondo to fill in the divit.
S7303461.jpg

S7303463.jpg

And at last the Zombie Assault Preparedness Vehicle or ZAPV. It is the essential vehicle to use in case of a zombie outbreak, it can drive long distances, prevent rust, clime mountains, find high ground, and cover your sent from the brain eating *******s. This should not be your only plan in an zombie infestation, but you should always keep several options on the table. A vehicle would be the first step of a evacuation from an infected area. You would only want to use it to get out of a major city and make it to a relatively rural zone where you can take a high vantage point. Remember always be prepared.

collage1.jpg

S7303498.jpg

S7303485.jpg

S7303484.jpg

S7303473.jpg

EDIT: I don't have time to make rules and such for membership so if any one want to be in Team ZAPV just pick a number (except 1-3)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have no idea, I just know i wanna be responsible for north florida

the central part at least

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

I have no idea, I just know i wanna be responsible for north florida

the central part at least

I will see what I can do tomorrow, It might not be able to be done in one day but I will start tomorrow for everyone, and we can see what we can get going after that. Hows that sound for everyone?

I think the new forum should have a shout-out to this forum, seeing as it's where it all got started.

we need a seperate website

Does anyone know where or how to start up a new free fourm. am going to try to do it here sin if no one else wants to try

I guess I don't get it. Why why someone would take an idea almost 4 years old and want to take control--

I also do not understand why you need a "new forum"

This is a free country to do as you please, but to be honest this thread was here before you guy even joined the site. In fact, I could go out on a limb and say this thread is what drove some to this site.

Hi, I have created a forum on Forumotion and it would be great if you could come and have a look : http://zort.forumotion.com

So it is sort of up. I could use some help. Let me know I will be trying to work on it in the next few days, and see how far I can get. Let me know

6971669160_dc83030b3f_z.jpg

Whipped up something on photoshop quick :p

what do you think??????

Was browsing and found this. This is pretty funny because I've been calling my truck, "U.Z.A.V." The Urban Zombie Assault Vehicle. Good stuff... glad to see others prepping for the day of the walking dead! lol Here's a quick picture.

1306822708.jpg

oo i want in :) firefighter here in upstate ny lol

Me n fordexplorerguy2002 have 40,000 lb trucks at our disposal lol.

And I suggested a new forum to consolidate everything. Wasn't trying to do EF harm..

:) and as far as number ill take 325 if its not taken (my engine number)

o didnt notice we needed to do this :) here u go
ZAPV # 325: William Gadway : Plattsburgh NY : Search & Rescue, Transport : Im an ex mechanic after 2 years of it currently in the FD / Search and rescue, firefighter : 2002 ford explorer xlt

I guess I don't get it. Why why someone would take an idea almost 4 years old and want to take control--

I also do not understand why you need a "new forum"

This is a free country to do as you please, but to be honest this thread was here before you guy even joined the site. In fact, I could go out on a limb and say this thread is what drove some to this site.

See that's what makes something good into something great. I could second that this thread made many people join. Me personally never heard of this but it is were I've most active have been.

As for another forum I don't see the need and since this forum is huge and like I said before It should be a club by now because this has really picked up and the person who started the thread/ movement would really appreciate whats been done.

Just my $0.02

o didnt notice we needed to do this :) here u go
ZAPV # 325: William Gadway : Plattsburgh NY : Search & Rescue, Transport : Im an ex mechanic after 2 years of it currently in the FD / Search and rescue, firefighter : 2002 ford explorer xlt

added you

I'm behind the new forum/website thing just because I would rather this thread not derail the general use of EF, which seems to be mostly off-roading and other things as such. I also think that if we really want this to become like a club or something it should have an easier way to gt organized, rather than looking from page to page trying to find different posts about different things.

With that being said it's also feasible to create a new sub-forum on EF specifically for zombie-related things...

I'm behind the new forum/website thing just because I would rather this thread not derail the general use of EF, which seems to be mostly off-roading and other things as such. I also think that if we really want this to become like a club or something it should have an easier way to gt organized, rather than looking from page to page trying to find different posts about different things.

With that being said it's also feasible to create a new sub-forum on EF specifically for zombie-related things...

on a new forum, it'd be easier to find my lists to update them lol

ty gov

Back