Official Moab 2004 Chitchat Thread | Page 17 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Official Moab 2004 Chitchat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Allright only 707 more hours to go! :bounce: Is any one thinking of trying Potato Salad Hill this year? :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ok, what's the deal with see "M" or "Y" or whatever at Moab?

This guy was very interested in trying Potatoe Salad Hill until after he got back down :D

Attachments

• Apr11114.JPG
    Apr11114.JPG
    80 KB · Views: 195

AspenX said:
Is any one thinking of trying Potato Salad Hill this year? :D
I was. :bounce: But due to unforseen circumstances (breaking a steering knuckle last weekend :fire: ) I'm pretty sure I'm not going to be able to get my cage installed in time. So I'll have to pass on PSH again this year. :(

Ok, what's the deal with see "M" or "Y" or whatever at Moab?
That's a secret code started by our moderator - and once a person starts adding up all the letters, it spelled out a message - now solved - proclaiming the news of Gearld and Ashli's upcoming marriage ceremony Friday on the Top of the World Trail at Moab. That promises to be a unique event! Not every day we see an Explorer couple married on an Explorer run by an Explorer pastor!

So what about you guys wanting to change the modified schedule for Sunday - RangerX, TwoToneX, Goliath, mrboyle, anyone else? Does Steelbender and Fins 'N Things sound like what you'd like to do? I'll change the schedule for you once ya'll decide for sure.

PS - the group dinner looks overwhelmingly decided, I'll put in a call to Canyonlands by Night and Day. This is gonna be one really cool group dinner this year :smoke:

I'd like to do Steelbender but I've done Fin's n Things a number of times already. Not to be a jerk or anything but my vote would be for elephant hill. If you guys decide to do Fin's n Things that's perfectly fine I would just prefer Elephant Hill. :)

I like the idea of Steelbender/Fins only because it is so much closer to town (and IMHO more fun than E-Hill). I don't think we would have enough time to run the entire Fins-n-Things trail, but there should be enough time to run the South end and then go play on the fun stuff at the end.

GJarrett said:
So what about you guys wanting to change the modified schedule for Sunday - RangerX, TwoToneX, Goliath, mrboyle, anyone else? Does Steelbender and Fins 'N Things sound like what you'd like to do? I'll change the schedule for you once ya'll decide for sure.
Gerald, I was thinking another run was going to be added, not substituted to the Sunday schedule. I say keep Elephant Hill, and Add Steelbender/Fins as a close to town option.

For the guys that have not ran Elephant Hill its a fun trail worth the drive

Good point. Will do!

Hey GJarret, getting close!

I just "did" now it`s your turn!
Feels the same, `cept I never wear jewelry, and the ring bugs the heck out of me. It all went real smooth, but It looks like we lost a gift envelope with $200 US in it, so that really sucks. It was supposed to be for our Moab trip! Oh, and Christyn`s grandparents bought us a lamp shaped like an angel with the lord`s prayer written on it, very odd gift for two heathens!

Attachments

• wedding.JPG
    wedding.JPG
    39 KB · Views: 173

biggs85 said:
I'd like to do Steelbender but I've done Fin's n Things a number of times already. Not to be a jerk or anything but my vote would be for elephant hill. If you guys decide to do Fin's n Things that's perfectly fine I would just prefer Elephant Hill. :)

My vote is also for Elephant hill since we have never done it and I have heard it's a pretty trail.

Well we've now got 32 vehicles registered so there will be plenty of opportunity to take the trail you want to and still have others to wheel with..... wow, Sunday is turning into a really huge event :)

Jim, we can't wait to meet you and your new bride.

Maybe the $200 is in the angel lamp :D ..... Even if not, it probably won't hurt much to utilize it for light somewhere in your home. Or as an attic lamp, etc :)

Gerald, why haven't you put me on the registered list yet? :p

it probably won't hurt much to utilize it for light somewhere in your home. Or as an attic lamp, etc

Ah I`m not that bad that it bothers me to any extent, It`ll find a home here, most likely as a christmas ornament, plus I really like her grandparents. I`ll look in the lamp box for that 200 bucks though!

AspenX said:
Gerald, why haven't you put me on the registered list yet? :p

Oops....make that 33 vehicles registered :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Not sure if I missed something. But where and when are we meeting on Fri?

Also Jefe or Brother of Jefe were did we stay last time? The Ramada?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back