034x4's D44 SAS thread... | Page 11 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

034x4's D44 SAS thread...

I think this is my first post here, but i've used this board for alot of research on explorer and ranger SAS. So i finally decided i should post my project and it's progress so far.

The truck originally is a 2003 edge 4x4. 37,000 miles with 4.10's/LS.
I had 3" body lift, fiberglass front fenders and cut rear fenders to have plenty of clearance for 35x12.50 BFG mudders. Made a trip down to savannah and on the way home my passenger hub bearing pretty much exploded. Taking with it, the pass knuckle, caliper, rotor, bent inner tie-rod, ground flat outter tie-rod. I already had the D44 in preperation for the SAS but with this, i decided to go ahead and start on it.

This is the ranger, in the beginning.

7cbc01ed.jpg

After the bearing failure, at 70mph on I-75 north...

2a08b95d.jpg

33975f5e.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

a template to bolt to your rear. (in place of the tire) the cuts will match then. but they will be circles.. unless you rig up a spring loaded thingy for the saws-all then you can get the squiggly part.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Hey i did it in paint and it took about 5 seconds what do you expect lol.

zhanx, i'm cutting the bedsides at the top/outer edge of the holes for the stock flares, so I won't need to make a template for the rear.

Well i ordered my winch on monday, and got it today woohoo.

Ordered my wheels on nov 13 and THEYRE NOT ****ING HERE YET GOD DAMNIT.

Well here's pics of my winch.

5cb3ad65.jpg

1b30843c.jpg

84d16d84.jpg

8aab1c81.jpg

ee3c4a4c.jpg

are you making a bumper for that or buying one ?

Got the wheels on, and drove it around the yard. Got it stuck too (no front driveshaft yet lol).

The wheels...

d9b89389.jpg

The beadlock rings, that my lovely assistant (my g/f) painted for me while I was at work ;)

a849e434.jpg

979d6277.jpg

Dark, but one done, and one mounted!

55cc3641.jpg

Bling.

a50efa69.jpg

Both front tires on...

b4576bff.jpg

7ca1e968.jpg

My lovely assistant threading on the lugnuts finger tight.

771b6eea.jpg

No more jackstands. Anywhere.

a33c77e9.jpg

Profile.

0a7c220f.jpg

My beautiful g/f jen. (in my big puffy carhardt jacket lol)

fb1a396b.jpg

Poser flex, i'm on top of 3 31" MT/R's haha! (There is ALOT more travel left...)

8b93a06f.jpg

cb98cdf3.jpg

5dbb0b9e.jpg

Hey, did your butt lose weight?

3570c3b0.jpg

69f8f3f0.jpg

stuck, front tires down a 10" drop off and rear tires on concrete, and no 4wd = stuckage already.

54c391d0.jpg

Big props to reggie, helping me bolt on those PITA beadlocks and for help elsewhere on the truck.

Those B/L's are friggin' pimp. Truck came out great man, you should be proud. I love the stance.

wow.... that thing is a BEAST! i love it. best 4x4 ranger i've seen.... well once you get the fenders on and replace the missing fog light. but other than that... i'm jealous. very jealous. nice work.

YES!!!!! BOUT GOT DAMN TIME!!!!

lets see some GOOD flex pics now!!!

ohhh man im very jealous

Haha gil, tonight I have to replace one of the hydro assist fittings with a 90* fitting because if i barely turn right my tire hits the hose. So after i do that and get some more fluid in it, i'm taking it down the road. I'll get some poser day time flex shots probably this weekend. Thanks for all the compliments guys.

It's no where near done, but i can drive it now.

Looks awesome. Glad to see they finally sent you your wheels. And I agree...more flex shots. :thumbsup:

looks good Jay!!!

No problem with the help, i know its easier with a few more hands!! Cant wait to get mine finished and especially have a few local wheelin buddies. Hopefully by this spring we will have a few good local trucks tearin' up the trails!!! and still be able to drive them around

i'll be out of town this weekend but i'd like to see how she feels on the road when i get back!!

Reggie

Ya man no problem, gimme a ring and i'll take ya for a bumpy ride lol (beadlocks/bias TSL's unbalanced ya c'mon)

Merry christmas, day time pictures lol.

639166cf.jpg

9cf2f295.jpg

Very nice looking. It sure feels great to take it for a spin after all the work to get the axle under it. All this time for somereason I thought it was an extra cab :confused: . When is the first wheeling trip?

It looks like you rolled over eggs. That thing's pretty high.

Back