Lots of new stuff. | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Lots of new stuff.

I've ordered a few things lately, and I will post plenty of pics once they are all installed.

Here's a list:

***Front Bumper from CRL Customs
***Rancho RS 9000X shocks
***Fiberglass Fenders - 5" flare from Fiberwerx
***Fiberglass hood from Explorer Express
*Warrior shackles for a bit more lift
*Torsion Twist
*Ford Racing hood pin kit
***Four PIAA 80 Pro XT lights
***Two PIAA 520 fog lights
***Warn D-ring shackles
*Classic Tube 8" extended SS braided brake lines
***Warn 9.5ti Thermometric Winch
***200 amp alternator

Pics to follow!

EDIT: The * items have arrived. The *** items are installed.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Can someone please direct me to where I can get that cowl hood ... Thxs in advance!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Originally posted by sapogmxr
www.explorerExpress.com Good luck getting it.. Last i heard they stoped production on them..

Nope, they still have them. That's where I ordered it from. Just give them a call and speak to John.

Thxs for the help guys, I will be ordering one in the near future ...

if you gte the fomoto oil drain valve and keep your oil filter right there you could change your oil faster than you could fill up your tank with gas! :)

You mean one of these?

Originally posted by boominXplorer
if you gte the fomoto oil drain valve and keep your oil filter right there you could change your oil faster than you could fill up your tank with gas! :)

4434fumoto-oil-valve-02.jpg

Way ahead of you!
:D :D :D :D :D :D

More parts are here!

OK, the winch got here. Have to pick it up from FedEx tomorrow morning. Going to install it, the fenders, and wheel spacers tomorrow, so pics will follow. It's starting to get good.

Now if only those brake lines would get here so I could lift it more!

Flares are on!

But man was it a ***** to mount them. The Chiltons manual is a bit off. It said there were 7 bolts holding the fenders on. WRONG! There were another 3 bolts on each, as well as a million screws holding on various miscellaneous parts (trim, etc.). I still have some trimming of the trim to do, but it looks great. The fenders fit reasonably well, but that's to be expected with fiberglass. Still no hood yet; getting rather annoyed! Anyhow, here are the pics. It'll look better once it's all painted to match.

4434flares-01.jpg

4434flares-02.jpg

4434flares-03.jpg

4434flares-04.jpg

These pics are without the wheel spacers on. It actually looks fine right now, but it'll look better after, when the wheels are wider out, filling the fenders!

Also, still haven't mounted the winch yet, but here is the bad boy! Warn 9.5ti Thermometric:

4434winch-01.jpg

Man that winch is huge!

very nice. I cant waite to see it with the hood on. Its looking very Heavy Duty..

Very nice! Excellent photos too. Those hills in the background look perfect for that machine! It looks like you could hang the Ex on that winch. ...drifting in the topic: the last photo (the once with the winch) - is that a 3-gauge cluster in the dash under the radio? If yes, could you put up a closer-up photo and maybe post some more info? That's where I'd really like to put my tranny-temp gauge...

Thanks.

is that a 3-gauge cluster in the dash under the radio? If yes, could you put up a closer-up photo and maybe post some more info?

That looks like a white HVAC to me..

Originally posted by sapogmxr
That looks like a white HVAC to me..

That's exactly what it is. Check my gallery. You can see it in the photos of the CB.

lookin good Doc!! I'm mainly just subscribing to check out the build up of your awesome looking truck... great job so far!!

Rats. My 98 XLT has a center console that goes to the floor (I'm sure they all do). It's got two bins between the cup holders and the HVAC controls. I think the top bin would be perfect for two gauges....

I'll wing it and document as I go. That's later though...

BTW: Found a new home for your oil filter yet? I think I can see it peeking it's head through the bumper in one of those fander shots... :)

like this?

splatconsole.jpg

that winch is the best you can get for your money. there very fast! nice buy.

Originally posted by Alec
like this?

Exactly like that. Mine doesn't have the ash tray there, but the rest is the same. Is that a kit, or did you do it yourself?

Originally posted by Digger196
that winch is the best you can get for your money. there very fast! nice buy.

And like I said, got if off eBay for $800 brand new. Great deal!

looking good!

Back