Moab 2006 Chat Thread | Page 38 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Moab 2006 Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I noticed I was not on the confirm list, I did email rick, and plan on attending dinner if still possible!!

Leaving early tomorrow morn, se yall there!

90ranajo said:
yep, free too
Ditto! ;)
Today took the trail suggested by Gerald, Klondike Bluffs. It was a pretty easy trail, but the view!!! Drove down into Arches Nat Park after that and got all jazzed up for the next few days. Rock Ranger came in about 4:00 PM today, the three of us here are going out tomorrow morning at around 8:30 AM for the day. See what kind of trouble we can get into.

:( I wish I was there :(

I am leaving Dallas right now, midnight. Lets see how long it takes me. ;) Gerald left here about 10 this morning.

Sorry about that Marshall. I've got you on my paper list, it just never got transfered over here.

Cya there!

Rick i have another coming, is it to late to add him to the dinner list? I got an axle shaft to, so im ready!

MBoyle and JStrider.... Mike and James I believe; Cheryl @ canyonlands didn't give me a space # over the phone... but give her my name (Douglas Emerson) and all should cool. She has a tent spot reserved for 4 w/ a shade overhang (?). So just check in, and all should be well they already put several nights on my card (no she shouldn't give you the number :D )... me and my buddy should be there Fri evening; leaving Denver 11-1pm.

What are the temps at night?

Anyone know what the campfire situation for tent spots is? I forgot to ask. Man, I really can't wait now. My productivity at work tomorrow is going to be :thumbdwn: low!!

becker69 said:

Nevermind.... it looks like 35-45 degrees at night through the weekend :eek:

90ranajo said:
That's some BS Kevin. I can't help it that your boat acually got out of the yards on-time for once.

Quit your cryin' :p You know I am only kidding. I wouldn't be able to do that anyway with the new baby arriving. Next trip is late August to Evans Creek and unless you get extended, I am sure you're going too :D Anyway, how was the truck going through US 6?

My e-mail addy on the ship out here is Mcinchak@impeccable.navy.mil in case anybody wants to e-mail me pics. I am not sure what the size limit is, but we have very limited bandwidth here so try to keep them small.

26 hours and counting!!

Well, we'll be leaving for Moab at around 4 AM Friday morning so that we can make the Friday runs. We'll probably just pull into City Market parking lot and unload there. Anyone who is going to be there already, watch for a white F350 dully with a cab over camper pulling a trailer full of Explorer goodness. Now I just have to make it through today at work. See everyone soon.

becker69 said:
MBoyle and JStrider.... Mike and James I believe; Cheryl @ canyonlands didn't give me a space # over the phone... but give her my name (Douglas Emerson) and all should cool. She has a tent spot reserved for 4 w/ a shade overhang (?). So just check in, and all should be well they already put several nights on my card (no she shouldn't give you the number :D )... me and my buddy should be there Fri evening; leaving Denver 11-1pm.

Anyone know what the campfire situation for tent spots is? I forgot to ask. Man, I really can't wait now. My productivity at work tomorrow is going to be :thumbdwn: low!!

Sounds good!

As for camp fires there are some small fire boxes in each camp site to use, so if you want fire don't forget to bring something to burn!

Man, you guys are going to have fun....sun and heat!!!!! Crappola...I am really gonna miss making this run.....I tell ya..my employer sure sucks at this point in time :rolleyes: !!!!

You better get some good pics and some video :D ...Good luck on your road trips and keep your sheet metal straight :cool:

mrboyle said:
Sounds good!

As for camp fires there are some small fire boxes in each camp site to use, so if you want fire don't forget to bring something to burn!

Cool... thanks. I'll bring some wood to burn. It just isn't camping unless ya got a fire. And don't worry we have a spade and 7 gal. of water to put it out... if needed.
Gotta get my brakes looked at in the morning and rotat./ball. but we'll be there as planned. ;)

We had our first break down today about an hour ago. Just started on Porcupine Ridge and my B&M shift cable blew out on me. Got another one, just need to wait until the exhaust cools down a little more to replace it.

90ranajo said:
We had our first break down today about an hour ago. Just started on Porcupine Ridge and my B&M shift cable blew out on me. Got another one, just need to wait until the exhaust cools down a little more to replace it.
You get you truck fixed yet?? Oh, wait, I'll just walk two spaces over and ask. He He. :confused: :eek: ;) :p
Ran Hell's Revenge today. This place is awsome! Lots of traction and serious pucker factor trails.

I'm closing this thread and starting a Moab Photos thread... Unless someone beat me to it;)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back