SMORR MO 2010--July 16,17, & 18th | Page 19 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

SMORR MO 2010--July 16,17, & 18th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I believe RiverRatTech needs the 5 x 4.5 wheels.

Anybody have a set of decent tires to go on these wheels?

5x 4.5 would work, talked to unclemike and he may be able to hook me up with some 32" A/T tires. If this works out I may be able to work out getting there earlier friday and the tires mounted and ready for Saturday.

I had to pass on unclemike's tires, however I did find a nice used set of 31 BFG A/T's for $60 locally, mounted on H**p Cherokee wheels. :D

http://houston.craigslist.org/pts/1793526360.html

CRAP CRAP CRAP!!!!:mad:

My tranny fried on a 20 mile trip to take my dad to breakfast. :fire: I can't even pick up the tires!!

THAT'S IT!! I'VE HAD IT!! No more auto, no more pain in the ass, undependable, aluminum, fluid squirting, overheating, slipping piece of crap!! :splat:

I'm still getting to SMORR even if I have to tow the truck there. :salute:

I need to get some 1" wheel spacers for the front so I can turn tighter. Still need to get a 17x9 5/5.5 steel wheel so I can finally have a spare tire. Install my 1" spacer block on the drivers side so the explorer lean goes away. And would like to get my tranny leak fixed.

CRAP CRAP CRAP!!!!:mad:

My tranny fried on a 20 mile trip to take my dad to breakfast. :fire: I can't even pick up the tires!!

THAT'S IT!! I'VE HAD IT!! No more auto, no more pain in the ass, undependable, aluminum, fluid squirting, overheating, slipping piece of crap!! :splat:

I'm still getting to SMORR even if I have to tow the truck there. :salute:

Sorry to hear this MrQ. I think its time for an M5-R1 swap, or if you get lucky and find a good A4LD cheap enough.

Can you ask the tire seller to deliver for a couple extra bucks?

I need to get some 1" wheel spacers for the front so I can turn tighter. Still need to get a 17x9 5/5.5 steel wheel so I can finally have a spare tire. Install my 1" spacer block on the drivers side so the explorer lean goes away. And would like to get my tranny leak fixed.

Glad to see you posting here Chad, was starting to wonder. Are you still going to Brads to fix the leak? Might think of a 1.5"-2" block for the lean, a 1" might not do it after the leafs compress.

I didn't get a PM from you about confirming your arrival, so I will just take this as your still going :)

:salute:

well crap, i was just out driving the ranger and blew out the rear main seal and it's pouring out oil, now i have to pull the motor again. does this fix-it club ever end :mad:

i think i'll just shoot the bucking 75 bronco sleeping under the ranger

well crap, i was just out driving the ranger and blew out the rear main seal and it's pouring out oil, now i have to pull the motor again. does this fix-it club ever end :mad:

i think i'll just shoot the bucking 75 bronco sleeping under the ranger

:( Unreal! That blows.

Maybe wheel the 88 Ranger and not worry about getting it fixed in time or not.

Leaving Friday Afternoon... I am ready to wheel

Thanks to snoranger, it looks like I will be twin stick-ing at SMORR. :D

I will be hiking, unless i get my junk done LOL

Glad to see you posting here Chad, was starting to wonder. Are you still going to Brads to fix the leak? Might think of a 1.5"-2" block for the lean, a 1" might not do it after the leafs compress.

I didn't get a PM from you about confirming your arrival, so I will just take this as your still going :)

:salute:

I am going.

Brad and I have talked about fixing my tranny, but he already has his hands full with his own rig. And i would feel terrible if he stopped his work to help me and did not his rig done.

I made a 1 1/4" spacer block that I will weld onto the axle this weekend. I need to get new u bolts that are a little longer.

I also made my own shackles for the rear, they are just a little shorter than Warriors but my truck is now level front to rear.

Good to hear everybody is working hard to get to SMORR. It will all be worth it.

I talked with the park and got the Okay for us to shoot off Fireworks if we want. So, if anybody has leftovers from the 4th, bring em along and maybe we can collectively bring enough to have a little mini show. :)

Chad, I should have time to help you, my thought is I help you with that and since you have done an ARB allready you help me with that, we just need to wait till i can get my parts explorer out of my garage. Working on that this week!
When I do my ARB i will have front axle out and on bench to make it easy, since I need to put different degree bushing in anyways. This Sunday might work??

Wheel Bearing Seal - Fixed 'It was harder to fill the hog head back up than fix the seal' ha!

Exhaust - Fixed

Running Boards - pulled them off. I'm thinkin bout fab'n up some rock sliders.

Good work!

Instead of making a set of sliders, here are a set ready to go. Just a few hours drive to your west.

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=283519

I like those, definetly like those. If I were to drive and pay for these it would have to go on a post-SMORR list of mods. For now I will fill the holes from the side steps and herc the rockers.

I would like to add, this forum is awesome! Upgrading to elite is definitely a go!

LOL-my Post Smorr list, is to finish my Ranger Build LOL

Has anyone heard from Rodger lately?

Still waiting on PMs from a few others as well. Time is growing short! Have you been spreading the word for this? I can use all the help I can get guys and gals :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I need to contact Donnie *Jeep Buggy* and Patrick with Izuzu and Explorer Buddy!! That were at the farm run. I will try not to forget today!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back