my 97 xlt | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

my 97 xlt

well heres my 97 Explorer XLT with a semi build to it. Bought it bone stock on Valentines day as a DD and didnt plan on messing with it much cause I have a fully built ranger but I guess the bug nver leaves you.

It has 3 inch extended upper and lower control arms using a 3 inch fabtech lift spindle. For shocks it has a pair of Fox bypasses, Fox airshocks, and a pair of Fox hydraulic bumpstops. The nifty part is we kept it really cheap by leaving the stock torsions and building on the stock lower arm by adding a one inch uniball to it and plating it in fully.

The rear has a pair of custom leaf springs still utilising the good ol' stock shackle that sways back and forth. The rear is dampened by a pair of 12x2.5 SAW res shocks

IMG_1199.jpg

IMG_1201.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Very nice, that head on shot looks awesome. Great work. :thumbsup:

Wonderful looking truck, would def like to see some action shots!:cool:

nice x u got there dan keep up the good work

thanks guys. It seems to be an ongoing build. I just got a lightning axle and I need to pick up some rear fenders/side panels before I install it do to it being about 7 inches wider than stock

That is an awesome looking truck. :thumbsup:
Wish we had more X's like that around here.

do you have any pics of the front suspension? i'm building mine similar to yours and trying to do it on the cheap.

Back