Jeep retro-fit question

Four0Sport

Jack from JackOffRoad
Reaction score
City, State
West Virginia
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 2dr
I was going cut my endlinks and have a friend sleeve them to make them longer to accomodate my lift, bc driving w/out a front sway bar is worse than I thought. well i was on roughcountry's website and found these:

http://www.roughcountry.com/jeep_xtras_quick-disconnects.html

for $50 not only will i have extended endlinks but disconnects. the links they show on the page look like they would be perfect, im just wondering why they ask you to specify a wrangler model when you order. Just thought id ask you guys since I cant call and ask them till monday. If nothing else I will get dimensions from mine, how much i want it extended, and see if they can match it up. RoughCountry has always been very helpful when I call about parts.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I thought I found a thread about making some for under $20, but it was for the rear.

glfredrick had a good idea, but no pics.

Just remove the lower bolts, and replace them with 1/2" hitch pins available from any hardware or farm-type store.

When you want to disconnect, pull the pins, swing up the links, and bungee them to the frame.

VERY simple.

Out back, just ditch the rear bar all together. Isn't needed with the leaf springs.

i was gonna do that.. but since the lift, the sway bar is pulled down at a good angle from the stock endlinks being too short. thought these RC ones would kill 2 birds with 1 stone so to say.

But arent the front sway bar links kinda angled a bit? But I seriously wonder if these will work. I havent dropped my sway bar yet either.

yeah ive been driving with my sway bar off for a few weeks now.. just gets a little squirrelly goin around turns. only thing im worried about is the diamter of the eye-lets being too big on the jeep part.. asa is gets a little lighter outside im gonna go do some measuring. thanks for the comments/ideas.

The explorer end links attach to the frame about 2.5 inches further out then the end of the sway bar, so those straight jeep links won't work, you need some with 2 bends in them. I bet you could fab up some drop brackets for the stock end links and do the quick disconnect conversion per glfredrick for less then the $50 those new end links would cost you.

i dont understand.. my stock endlinks are straight

Hmm mine arent maybe its a 91-92 thing? Ive been driving with my swaybar still connected but at an extreme angle and it finally destroyed the rubber bushing.
Heres a pic of my endlink.

Attachments

• 120808100255.jpg
    120808100255.jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 158

100_0499.jpg

i guess you guys are right, i never noticed this before. oh well, guess its back to having my friend sleeve and weld to extend the links. cheaper, but idk.. sometimes i like buying new stuff i dont really need, you know? lol i'll be sure to get some pics of the ext. factory links when we get around to messin with them.

thanks for the responses guys,

- Jack

Back