Swain's Project Hex | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Swain's Project Hex

My name is Chris, but I go by my last name, Swain. Actually in real life I go by SwaintaN (half swain, half evil/Satan). Got my 93 XLT back in 2006. Bought it for 800.00 knowing there was a few problems, but the few turned out to be A LOT more!!
This is pretty much what it looked like when I got it (even though taken 2 years later)
471328_156_full.jpg

Since then I have started body works; also shaved rear emblems, side trim and removed pin stripe, done a lot of other odd and ends to it.

So I came up with the label, Project HEX cause im seemed hexd :rolleyes: it seem like I fix one thing, something else will go wrong lol!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I missed this thread, I was following the exhaust thread.

I like that green a lot. I might use it on our next truck.

Our 93 sounded like a sand rail with a magnaflow muffler and no cat.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

I missed this thread, I was following the exhaust thread.

I like that green a lot. I might use it on our next truck.

Our 93 sounded like a sand rail with a magnaflow muffler and no cat.

I don't think it matter what color you use,you seem to make anything look good;)i can't wait to do some business with you real soon;)

I thought the 44s was quieter.idkwhen i redo mine in 3" ill be getting rid of my 40 for sure
personally or you tested them? all ive been hearing is the super 44 is the loudest. never had one tho. i think i have an og 40 series in the garage. hoping its not a delta anyway.

yeah i cant stand the delta, couldnt stand the magnaflow straight through design i had.. i lost power and mpg with it plus it made it quieter then stock w/ that one! next muffler will be something w/ more growl.. just need to find one.. haha..

Turdle, I love that green man! i got more stuff (what me and you talked about) im gonna hook up w/ you again after the new year and get those done.. ****e if you lived closer i would have my rims done in that color... gonna try to get the bottom half of the ex next year done in a green as close as i can to that.

dont you dare! i wanna paint my whole truck 'antifreeze green'. not just the color either, i want it to look like liquid antifreeze dipped

that would be ass!!!!!

im gonna do where the molding was down, then around the doors in the green, rest will be black

yeep i got them from ebay, not all one piece, ebay still has them, but they are black back well the diamond back has the lights in it for LEDS, not sure if they are all one piece, just check ebay out, havta type it in a few different ways, i typed mine in 93 Explorer Diamond Lights to find mine.

So got a little annoyed that i was needing 2 people to open my hood. So eliminated the problem and just added hood pins. This is what it looks like now.
finally bought some myself. this weekends project :)

YAY Back running!

SOOOO finally got time to get out today while weather was decent to start on Hexplorer. Well I finally put the blue spark boots on for the protection from the headers, redid pass. wheel well cover, charged battery. Took it for a test drive love it.. all but the super quietness.. ugh... when i come to stop sign/redlight you dont hear it, dont feel like its running. The RPM finally are normal.

The bad.

Test drive and found a field for a few mins... On way back i drove it around town for a few to see how its gonna do in stop/go. Well heard a loud CLANK then metal smacking.. found out it was the new cat convt smacking the cross over beam! looked back, the bushing that attaches muffler mount to the hanger had busted!! Of course no one is open and i need the truck before they open... I took good ol stainless steel plumbers strap, wrapped the ****e out of it and and the hanger, bolted it together.. made my own..

While under there, smelled burning... noticed the O2 wires i had to extend the outer coating melted, it touched the header down pipe, so had to zip tie it out of the way..

Will get pics tomorrow after housing hunting. I think i want true hid biXenon lights like what my wife has in the van, so much brighter and nicer!

edit: need to get a louder muffler the Flowmaster Delta 40 Series is to quiet!!

Ok so random update. Ok 15.xx mpg with tons of stop n go.

The Set up
Snorkel
New Fuel Injectors
New Pacesetter Headers
New Magnaflow Cat Convt
New o2 sensors
Old Muffler system after that just reconnected
a/c system removed
33" tires
4" rc lift

With all that and 232xxx orig miles and orig tranny i get 15.xx mpg with mostly city driving! that was nuts, i was happy to see that, i was getting 8-12!!!

The beast has been through thick and thin, always seems to come out on top when needed.. This has been one hell of a project build. Still going.. The beast has some electrical issues that Im working through.. It would be awesome to do what ive seen some of you do.. but this will havta stay a project build..

time to keep going.. down to one ride and its got problems.. time to fix her and get her running again.

Back