Anyone back from Truckhaven??? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Anyone back from Truckhaven???

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

this should'nt be here because i didn't go but i saw u guys heading back. all i have to say is that u guys have some really sweet rigs. i think i even saw yours if it was the one being trailored. u might have seen me i was the ranger stuck in the mud.:rolleyes:

nevermind i just read your sig and your from AZ

I just went for the day on Saturday. I ran into Chief34 first thing. (dude your mom and her friend are hot):) Then I found Jefe and brother, who I hung with all day. We later found BKennedy, and all got in some decent wheeling. Never saw FAKRWEE or Matt. We did see a Pumpkin replica, though! Also, while taking a lunch break outside the waterfall, I witnessed a complete rollover :roll: of a Toyota PU trying to make it up the far left trail! Sorry, no pics.

So tell me about the Pumpkin replica!

I think I know where the Toy rolled. Was it the real loose steep hill that faces the exit of the waterfall? Darien tried that with Paul's Ex a few years back and I thought he was going to go over there.

Yeah, that's the hill. It was the exact same thing I did at Moab. The guy luckily had a cage inside, so he was able to drive away after he was winched over. He windshield didn't even break.

I only got a glance at the other pumpkin, but it looked like the same orange, and had a late model fiberglass front end. Maybe someone else saw more.

Ranger X Whats up man !

I saw the pumpkin replica too. He had a Four link Suspension, with 33's and fiberglass front and Rear. I went and talked to him because i thought it was Rick when i first saw it and Wanted to meet him. Anyway, After i talked him he started jumping this hill. His rig was pretty nice i do have to admit. He jumped this hill 4 times in a row trying to get me to do it. I wouldnt do it but later A guy from four wheel magazine wanted to get pics of my truck for the mag. So I said screw it and I figured i would test out my suspension. I jumped this hill 5 times. It was pretty cool. The guy is gonna Email me the pics!
Dead Link Removed

Anyway, It was nice meeting some of you and I wish we could have wheeled a more together as a group, but for some reason we could never get together at once. Anyway, there is always next time.

Ranger X , I have a pic of you with this big 'ol smile in the backround when i took that pick of my mom and her friend. :)

One more thing 98 Ranger 4X4, where you the one stuck in the deeeeep mud on the side of S22 right there by Ocitillo wells?? If so I am so sorry i couldnt stop and help I was running on fumes trying to make it to the gas station.I hope you werent there stuck too long!!

Here is the one of Ranger X in the backround:)

Attachments

• mom and angela_web.jpg
    mom and angela_web.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 288

John and I just got back. We had a lot of fun.

Friday night John and I went on a little night run and my truck received its first few "beauty marks." ;) Both doors and rear quarter panel. See attached picture.

Saturday it was great to meet up with Bill and Brian and wheel. Although we almost had more fun watching others wheel.

Today we joined TDS in the GPS treasure hunt and were the 4th and 5th rig to the final site. . . We were about 2 minutes late to get the first coordinates, and that could have cost us the win. After that we slowed down and found anything and everything I could find to challenge my somewhat handicaped rig.

However the Truckhaven winds finally claimed the tent. Three broken fiberglass poles by this morning. :( And then to make it worse, we got back to camp today to find that our weights to keep the tent from blowing around (firewood and two chairs) had been riped off :fire:

Attachments

• sany0084.jpg
    sany0084.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 301

ooohhh, Sorry to see the beauty marks jefe. Your truck looks real nice. I liked it.
It was nice to have met you. You are right, those winds did get real bad there yesterday and well today it was pretty windy as well. That sucks about your tent.
I was gonna just sleep in my truck but i got my mom to go and her friend. Between Me and my girlfreind, my mother, and her friend we split a motorhome 3 ways. It was well worth it let me tell you. We got the motorhome for the weekend, Fri thru Sun, for 450 ou the door. So it only cost me and my girlfriend 150 bucks to have a sick motorhome all weekend. I was really glad once we were there and it got windy, not to mention having a shower and everything else was Awesome and well worth it!

So did anybody get pics of the fake Pumpkin? I really want to see that!

I went to TDS on Friday for the day. Ran into Matt and girlfriend and lost them after they went to move thier tent. They could of gone home but I'm not sure. Ended up running with some crazy Jeepers who couldn't believe that the Navajo could keep up with them:D One of them asked me if the "Orange Expidition" was coming. They saw Rick's pumpkin last year and swear it's an Expedition. Ha!

Friday was already a madhouse. They must of checked in at least 400 rigs after 1:00 P.M. Here's a couple of pics I was able to take.

Attachments

• 116-1650_img.jpg
    116-1650_img.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 261

Tom look at that suki.

Attachments

• 116-1654_img.jpg
    116-1654_img.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 272

Look in the background you might be able to see these 4 older ladies runnung around in bikini T-shirts. They were a riot.

Attachments

• 116-1661_img.jpg
    116-1661_img.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 256

This was the rockcrawler from Dynatrac.

Attachments

• 116-1663_img.jpg
    116-1663_img.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 249

Attachments

• 116-1664_img.jpg
    116-1664_img.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 262

Actually that's the H2 Hummer Rockcrawler built by Avalanche Enginering. It probably has Dynatrac axles though.

So did you get photographed for the magazine??? Which one was it and when does it come out???

Originally posted by FAKRWEE
Tom look at that suki.
He he. . I recognize that one. He pulled quite a stunt over near the waterfall. We all thought he was gonna roll it.

When I get pics up you'll see what he did.

Wow! We all had a geat time out there. Official registraion count showed over 1400 vehicles registered! (When we were all assembled for the raffle, it was practically "standing room only") It would be interesting to see the percentage breakdown of what model vehicles were there.

There were a lot of amazing rigs and drivers there, it was awesome to watch some of them. And entertaining to watch the inexperienced and/or crazy types! (insert picture of zuk here)

Brian and Bill, always a pleasure to wheel with you guys. ("Where's John in his Jeep? Is that him? Nope. There he is. No, that's not him. How about that one? What color was he again?" Ha. Ha. Ha.)

Chief34, sorry we missed wheeling together. That was an incredible looking rig and I was looking forward to seeing what it could really do on the trail.

As for the tent & chairs & firewood, it sounds suspiciously like we were probably cursed by the Truckhaven gods because Rick wasn't there to sacrifice up a chair! ;)

Let's wheel again, soon! (Moab is like four weeks away!)

No photos. By the time the photographer arrived it was late afternoon and pretty cloudy. It was decided to do the shoot a couple of weeks from now on a trail called the shredder up North. Don't know were it is. The magazine is "4 wheel drive and sport utility" Mike from 4xdr. will be the featured rig and mine will be a sample of what he can do.

Mike was asking about you Rick. He was looking foward to doing Sats nightrun with you:D

Attachments

• 116-1659_img.jpg
    116-1659_img.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 233

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey Jefe, where were you Friday? Missed ya:D

Attachments

• 116-1657_img.jpg
    116-1657_img.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 231

Back