Ford Explorer 2004 - TSB 04B17 - Tires: Pressure Monitoring & Regulating System. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ford Explorer 2004 - TSB 04B17 - Tires: Pressure Monitoring & Regulating System.

newyorker123

Reaction score
City, State
New York, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Ford Explorer EB
Can any one post their experience dealing with ford dealers regarding
TSB 04b17

These are the details I have

TIRES:pRESSURE MONITORING AND REGULATING SYSTEMS Bulletin Number: 04B17
Bulletin Date: Jul 2004

Vehicle: 2004 Ford Explorer
Summary:
SOME OF THE VEHICLES WERE BUILT WITH INSTRUMENT CLUSTERS THAT WERE NOT CONFIGURED PROPERLY FOR USE WITH A REVISED TPMS MODULE. THE TIRE PRESSURE MODULE SYSTEM (TPMS) IS FULLY FUNCTIONAL, BUT THERE IS NO VISUAL INDICATION TO A DRIVER IF THE ( NHTSA ITEM NUMBER - 10008875

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

TPMS Issues

Can any one post their experience dealing with ford dealers regarding
TSB 04b17

These are the details I have

TIRES:pRESSURE MONITORING AND REGULATING SYSTEMS Bulletin Number: 04B17
Bulletin Date: Jul 2004

Vehicle: 2004 Ford Explorer
Summary:
SOME OF THE VEHICLES WERE BUILT WITH INSTRUMENT CLUSTERS THAT WERE NOT CONFIGURED PROPERLY FOR USE WITH A REVISED TPMS MODULE. THE TIRE PRESSURE MODULE SYSTEM (TPMS) IS FULLY FUNCTIONAL, BUT THERE IS NO VISUAL INDICATION TO A DRIVER IF THE ( NHTSA ITEM NUMBER - 10008875

Hi, I have a Ford Explorer 2004 EB, on Starting the vehicle the TPMS (Tire Pressure Monitoring System) light on dash board does not light up, also when running the Sys Diagnostics in Message Center I do not get any message for TPMS.

There are no messages for
Tire Pressure Monitor Fault or
Tire Pressure Sensor Fault.

I know for sure that TPMS is standard feature for 2004 Explorer Eddie bauer.

Can someone explain what does this mean and is this an expensive issue to resolve.

I can live without that and use a regular pressure gauge, however I feel like having all the features of my truck working.

Can someone explain what does this mean and is this an expensive issue to resolve.
You can always call the dealer to see how much it is to resolve.

I have a 2005 Eddie Bauer, also with TPMS. The only time I have seen my TPMS light come on was when I pulled off my stock wheels and replaced them with ones with no sensor. Then I saw lights ALL the time. Put stock wheels back on, lights gone.

Let a few PSI of air out of one tire (like 5-10psi), go for a short drive and see what happens. Your lights should go off. Air back up and should go off.

Hope this helps.

Wow, OP (original post, not poster) is totally different from the one I replied to! How'd that happen?

(Brooklyn must be magic!!)

Does TPMS light up on turning Key to ON Position

I have a 2005 Eddie Bauer, also with TPMS. The only time I have seen my TPMS light come on was when I pulled off my stock wheels and replaced them with ones with no sensor. Then I saw lights ALL the time. Put stock wheels back on, lights gone.

Let a few PSI of air out of one tire (like 5-10psi), go for a short drive and see what happens. Your lights should go off. Air back up and should go off.

Hope this helps.

Does TPMS light up on turning Key to ON Position, just before cranking the engine?

Thanks.

Turn key to 'on' and my little 'under inflated' (looks like a flat bottomed U with an exclamation point in it) light comes on for about a second with the other warning lights. Does yours not do this?

No - The light never comes on

Turn key to 'on' and my little 'under inflated' (looks like a flat bottomed U with an exclamation point in it) light comes on for about a second with the other warning lights. Does yours not do this?

No, TPMS Light (looks like a flat bottomed U with an exclamation point in it) never comes on.

Back