I wanna be like Boomin (my Worklog) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

I wanna be like Boomin (my Worklog)

Ok so ive started the transformation, From little 2wd, to Big 2wd. :thumbsup: Got my Bodylift and gears here friday, did the TT, and the Body Lift today. Tommorow the rear axle is coming out, and finish up all the little things left to do for the Body Lift. Chris(Boomin) has been a BIG help in this, ive asked him lots of Questions, and while slow, he always answers them, most the time i bug him hes at work so i understand his slow response. Thanks Chris, doubt i woulda got another explorer if it wasnt for yours. My wheels should be here Monday, than ill go get the tires mounted. Also im waiting for my Spindles to be delivered. So till than the tires cant go on. My tire of Choice was 37x12.50 Goodyear MT/R. I chose this tire mainly cause the Goodyear store is right down the road, i like having road hazzard so i can just do down there and get them to pull and plug a nail hole or w/e. Also they have 6 months no payments, that way i can slowly pay off these expensive tires. If it wasnt for that ide be rolling on some Swampers.

Also the truck i was gunna be using to pick my tires up with is no more, My best friend rolled his truck last night. Somebody cut him off, and he slammed on brakes and hit a curve and rolled it. It had been raining so the roads were wet. :( Luckily he is alive with only a minor cut on his leg

Heres some pics from last night and today, All i did last night was clean the garage up, and get the truck in there.

-Caleb

All pics taken with a Cell Phone Cam, so they arent best quality, for final pics ill have to fine my Digi camera

Attachments

• Aug26_002.jpg
    Aug26_002.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 709
  • Aug26_011.jpg
    Aug26_011.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 691
  • Aug27_001.jpg
    Aug27_001.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 699

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

More

Attachments

• Aug27_002.jpg
    Aug27_002.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 697
  • Aug27_003.jpg
    Aug27_003.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 665
  • Aug27_004.jpg
    Aug27_004.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 685

This thing is going to be a friggin beast. :D Can't wait to see you rollin on 37s. :cool:

awsome!! what all are you going to have to do to fit 37s alot of cutting..or?

its gonna be a beast when its done thats for sure!

96limitedX said:
awsome!! what all are you going to have to do to fit 37s alot of cutting..or?

its gonna be a beast when its done thats for sure!

hahaha, i know he spilled the beans to me :D

TT+3"BL+spinles = 9" inches :confused: But wait 37"s will get him close to 13.5" total is what i figured!!!!! WTF :eek:

Charlie's_93EB said:
hahaha, i know he spilled the beans to me :D

TT+3"BL+spinles = 9" inches :confused: But wait 37"s will get him close to 13.5" total is what i figured!!!!! WTF :eek:

huh...but even with all that TT+3"BL+ spindles dont 35s rub still? alittle? :confused:

any way you look at it..its gonna be freaking big :eek: :D

96limitedX said:
huh...but even with all that TT+3"BL+ spindles dont 35s rub still? alittle? :confused:

you can torsion twist a 4x2 a lot... like 5"

jimabena74 said:

this is true, to do that ill have to get longer bolts, which i might be. AK, im just gunna get my spindles on there, slap the tires on there and see what rubs. I know ima rub my molding on the bottom, thats gunna get "clearanced", might have to take it all the way off. The inner fender is mostlikely gunna need to be "clearanced" as will the front air dam, if i even leave that on there. Im hoping to not cut any metal, but we will have to see, if i have to cut metal ima make it as neat as possible...

also helps is im going to be running 15x8" rims, wanted 15x10s for wider stance, but i got deal on the 8"s plus ill have less fitment issues with them.

Caleb, are you still planning on putting on that camo stuff on your rocker panels?

bmxking5 said:
Caleb, are you still planning on putting on that camo stuff on your rocker panels?

eventually, wont happen this week or in the next few weeks prolly, but eventually.... man i workd till 5am and got hardly anything done... lol now i just woke up time to get more done

jimabena74 said:

With lift spindles It will bind at about 3''s of lift between the lower control arm and the spindle.

I feel so special, I have people that want to be like me :D

boomin, I'm in Va. Beach with my Xterra. I'm here on business and staying at the Doubletree on birdneck. Anything fun or exciting to do down here if you're by yourself? This was a last minute trip I had to go on because of problems at one of my accounts (Sentara Hospital). I went to the beach and drove to Bass Pro Shops this morning. I have all day today and tomorrow free now.

hey caleb, i didnt know the heep was still for sale(might wanna update your sig :) ) , i still think that truck is gonna eat wheel bearings like the cookie monster , my axle should be here tomorrow, and then the fun begins, hoping to have it done before my birthday(oct 1)

you can go more than that with the spindals but you will have to strart grinding the lower part of the spindle. otherwise it will bind alot. I only went up less than 2 inches on mine because of that. Once get into my house Friday I hope and have my garage I will take them off and grind the crap out of them...and crank up a little more. but not to much to makle the front higher than the back.. already have 2 add a leafs in each side.

hey caleb, i know a few more tricks to get you a few more inches in hte lift, but it requires some cutting,welding and strengthening of the parts

davidmmm69 said:
you can go more than that with the spindals but you will have to strart grinding the lower part of the spindle. otherwise it will bind alot. I only went up less than 2 inches on mine because of that. Once get into my house Friday I hope and have my garage I will take them off and grind the crap out of them...and crank up a little more. but not to much to makle the front higher than the back.. already have 2 add a leafs in each side.

Can you get me a picture of where it would need to be ground down at? If i go more TT ill need longer bolts, but we will see.... heres more pics for the day. Axle is out and going to the shop to get the gears installed tommorow.... dont know how long it will take him. Suppose to know tommorow when its dropped off though. Last pic is of my friend being stupid, dont look bad for rolling his truck two days ago, all he got was a small scrape on his leg.

Attachments

• Aug28_004.jpg
    Aug28_004.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 584
  • Aug28_005.jpg
    Aug28_005.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 583
  • Aug28_009.jpg
    Aug28_009.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 604

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Got the wheels today, heres one that i polished compared to how i received them, Thanks for the great deal again Chris.

Attachments

• Aug29_001.jpg
    Aug29_001.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 560

Back