2015 Limited - Climate Control w/Remote Start Question | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2015 Limited - Climate Control w/Remote Start Question

NJExplorerFan

Reaction score
City, State
New Jersey
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Limited
I was curious if you can adjust the climate control system to stay on when getting into the vehicle with remote start activation. It turns off once you get in and hit the start button. As an example, I turn on the truck remotely and the climate control also fires up to the factory set 72 degrees. Once I get in, I have to put my foot on the brake and hit the start button. After doing this, the climate adjustment goes off. Anyway to keep it going at 72 degrees or automatically go to a temp I select?

Also, it sounds like the system is activated in the back. I don't feel anything blowing out of the vents in the front. But somehow, it works really well. How does this system work really? Anybody know?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My answer for the first question would be hit the auto button on your climate control after hitting the brake/start button. Mine does the same thing as you described. I think the climate control should go to the previous setting when you were last driving, after you hit the brake/start button.

As far as the second question, I think it blows from the back vents and the front defrost vs the front vents during remote start, but I'm just guessing.

I have found that if I put the climate control to maximum cool then adjust the temp to my liking, when I restart either remotely or by the push button start, the recirculate air stays on and it holds these settings throughout any restart.

T Bill

I was curious if you can adjust the climate control system to stay on when getting into the vehicle with remote start activation. It turns off once you get in and hit the start button. As an example, I turn on the truck remotely and the climate control also fires up to the factory set 72 degrees. Once I get in, I have to put my foot on the brake and hit the start button. After doing this, the climate adjustment goes off. Anyway to keep it going at 72 degrees or automatically go to a temp I select?

Also, it sounds like the system is activated in the back. I don't feel anything blowing out of the vents in the front. But somehow, it works really well. How does this system work really? Anybody know?
The remote start has the climate system working at a higher level to heat or cool the cabin quicker. Once you hit the brake etc, it then reverts to the settings that you have previously chosen. That is its normal operation. I believe the Owner's Guide covers most of the questions.

Peter

Thanks guys. So can I assume that if I park my vehicle and just leave the climate control on, it will revert to that setting when I get in it again? I thought it was always a better idea to turn everything off before shutting the truck down.

Thanks guys. So can I assume that if I park my vehicle and just leave the climate control on, it will revert to that setting when I get in it again? I thought it was always a better idea to turn everything off before shutting the truck down.
The only thing I ever turn off is the ignition. If using remote start, the setting chosen should be 'AUTO'.

Peter

Yup.

Maybe with really old cars it was a good idea to shut everything down(just a guess), but I do what Peter said and just turn the car off, don't bother with shutting everything off.

Back