3800 M90 Build | Page 35 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

3800 M90 Build

Ok the cats out the bag!!im going supercharged .its a 3800 gm m90.i need lots of help as im a nos guy.for starters my list of mods is in my signature.the guy im buying it from ran it on a stock tuned motor at 3psi.first question is what is the "safe" limit to run boost at?i know it is not ideal but i have a wide band O2 and will be doing tuning very soon.i also will be trying to have my company make a new lower intake mounting bracket on the cnc machine and have it taped for nos/water meth injectors/spray bars.i will also be getting a p+p unit from 3800 performance and stepping down on the pulley to try and run 8-10psi.what size injectors should i run for that?which fuel pump should i run?any suggestions on tuning?i was going to go mega squirt but i see sct has a new chip out,any suggestions?

DONE

ported and polished gm 3800 gen 2 m90
Water to air intercooled
port matched 76mm inlet and intake tube
mustang 75mm race tb
90mm maf
36lb injectors
255 fuel pump
sct 5bank dyno tuned
2.7" pulley 10lbs of boost!!;)
2012-06-09201057.jpg

2012-06-09201139-1.jpg

2012-06-09201207.jpg

dyno run,these was the last two pulls with the 2.7 and the alternator was bad.turn your volume down!!

and a 3.25 pull and think my rev is still set to 5000 in this one

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I got nuthin to offer as a sugestion. I hate weird issues like that. Any sparks with the girl? Hopefully she's the type that likes to go wheeling.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

I got nuthin to offer as a sugestion. I hate weird issues like that. Any sparks with the girl? Hopefully she's the type that likes to go wheeling.

She just found out that night i had a shower built in and suggested her and he friend get in it when the judges are walking by!!i figure that with the hood up should guaranteed me a first and best in show!!!hahahah;);):(

ive got the 40s on my truck now, you may have to fight me for best of show! lol

Thats all you have and it looks dumb!!

Xeek, you have to post a pic. I really need to see your truck with the rubber on it

the only thing that truck will win is loudest and longest hahahahahaha:d

Bahahah agreed !!! i mean dont get me wrong its a sweet truck.just not my style!!reminds me of a school bus on 40s!!

Xeek, you have to post a pic. I really need to see your truck with the rubber on it

Hes talking about his diesel ,link in his signature

the only thing that truck will win is loudest and longest hahahahahaha:d

Bahahah agreed !!! i mean dont get me wrong its a sweet truck.just not my style!!reminds me of a school bus on 40s!!

sh*t and abuse Xeek, Sh*t and abuse.

Now I see what you have been working on Xeek, and what your taking flak over. Thanks for filling me in guys.

sh*t and abuse Xeek, Sh*t and abuse.

Now I see what you have been working on Xeek, and what your taking flak over. Thanks for filling me in guys.

I dont think he has posted any with the new tires on it yet!!its ridiculously big now!!!hahah

reminds me of a school bus on 40s!!
lmao. i would love to own a short bus on 53" boggers

since this is already off topic, screw it:
IMG_20120627_170838.jpg

for the fun of it since i dont have it posted anywhere at all:
IMG_20120525_194334.jpg

IMG_20120627_170838.jpg

IMG_20120525_194334.jpg

Bahaha dude we should totally build one!!;)

IMG_20120627_170838.jpg

IMG_20120525_194334.jpg

I'd like to see a build up of a short bus on roids! :D

Xeek I think the F350 looks good the way you got it.

ok back on subject,some been asking for drive by or inside sound clips.well here is a quick one and your understand why i want to go to a quieter muffler,thinking a 50 series.i need a real camera,phone doesnt seem to rec low tones

If your eating belts or squeaking you have a alignment problem or bad bearing.its not the belt.gates are said to be better for grip

Well.. I don't think I have an alignment issue as I went out a few days ago and checked to ensure everything. Also had it checked out by a ford friend of mine and he tested, no issues. I have 3 spare gates belts just in the back in case something happens to the gatorback. From the looks of it I run a shorter belt then both of you, as for now the gatorback has not squeaked after about 2 weeks of daily driving. I am awaiting a tru boost and matching wideband to see if I can't make a video soon. I just can't find a local dyno (without having to go out 25 miles). Do you or Don, run the stock idler pulley?

ok back on subject,some been asking for drive by or inside sound clips.well here is a quick one and your understand why i want to go to a quieter muffler,thinking a 50 series.i need a real camera,phone doesnt seem to rec low tones
qHsbh6IOnJQ

Love the sniff of enjoyment as you pedal through the streets. I know that feeling and its a great one. I am just baffled how loud it must be in person, if you pulled up next to me I honestly think I wouldn't be able to tell if you had a v8 or v6. Definitely one of the most beefiest ohv's I have ever heard.

Well.. I don't think I have an alignment issue as I went out a few days ago and checked to ensure everything. Also had it checked out by a ford friend of mine and he tested, no issues. I have 3 spare gates belts just in the back in case something happens to the gatorback. From the looks of it I run a shorter belt then both of you, as for now the gatorback has not squeaked after about 2 weeks of daily driving. I am awaiting a tru boost and matching wideband to see if I can't make a video soon. I just can't find a local dyno (without having to go out 25 miles). Do you or Don, run the stock idler pulley?

We both run all stock pullies,i have a smallere pulley on my alternator tho

Back