3800 M90 Build | Page 37 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

3800 M90 Build

Ok the cats out the bag!!im going supercharged .its a 3800 gm m90.i need lots of help as im a nos guy.for starters my list of mods is in my signature.the guy im buying it from ran it on a stock tuned motor at 3psi.first question is what is the "safe" limit to run boost at?i know it is not ideal but i have a wide band O2 and will be doing tuning very soon.i also will be trying to have my company make a new lower intake mounting bracket on the cnc machine and have it taped for nos/water meth injectors/spray bars.i will also be getting a p+p unit from 3800 performance and stepping down on the pulley to try and run 8-10psi.what size injectors should i run for that?which fuel pump should i run?any suggestions on tuning?i was going to go mega squirt but i see sct has a new chip out,any suggestions?

DONE

ported and polished gm 3800 gen 2 m90
Water to air intercooled
port matched 76mm inlet and intake tube
mustang 75mm race tb
90mm maf
36lb injectors
255 fuel pump
sct 5bank dyno tuned
2.7" pulley 10lbs of boost!!;)
2012-06-09201057.jpg

2012-06-09201139-1.jpg

2012-06-09201207.jpg

dyno run,these was the last two pulls with the 2.7 and the alternator was bad.turn your volume down!!

and a 3.25 pull and think my rev is still set to 5000 in this one

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well i was going to make my own belt slip pulley but came across this.it looks like it will work better and give more grip.my charger sits at a angle too so the belt slip pulley will be even more under it,more wrap.now to find this water crap!!
http://www.wbodystore.com/pulleys-belts/113-belt-wrap-kit.html
IMAG0597.jpg

Wow no thoughts or comments on the belt slip pulley? my pops went out of town to our hunt club to do some road maintenance after last weeks storm so im not going to get to finding this water issue as its a two man job:( think ill order this belt slip pulley and my new fan motor sense it seems to wanna work when it chooses,came from a jy in new Mexico and had sand all in the motor:(

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

The pulley is perfect, no comments required. Great solution, and great find.

Funny your picking up a new rad fan motor. I picked up a crown Victoria police interceptor fan today. Looking for a part for a friend, and there it was lying on the hood. I think I'll find a sulla aluminum rad and see if I can make it fit.

Too bad about having to wait on the water issue. Be nice to get that one sorted out, I'm curious also.

Pulley idea is a good one, the execution is disappointing though. Why not thread the post into the base, or weld it nicely. Not that I could do better...

Should solve your slippage issue.

Pulley idea is a good one, the execution is disappointing though. Why not thread the post into the base, or weld it nicely. Not that I could do better...

Should solve your slippage issue.

Alot could be done if it was off the truck but why go through all that trouble if they make a direct bolt on.they make another style but the sc case needs to be grinded and i spent to much time on paint to do that.im going to buy the fan motor first and solve the water issue then buy that pulley and figure out belt lengths.then im going to have a blue and green belt made.i honestly think it has something to do with the removal of the AC ****,mad plugs are exposed .

well i think i have solved the belt slip issue,still need new belts AGAIN!!before i was maybe getting about 10-15% belt wrap and im now getting a healthy 60-70%:Di got a spare idler pulley for the OHV and a solid piece of 1" square aluminum.drilled and tapped the end for the idler pulley bolt.then mounted it on two of the bolts where my AC use to be.thats it,simple and easy;)
not made by ZZ just was a cool place to stick their sticker,they have helped me alot
1-7.jpg

2-6.jpg

before
3-6.jpg

after
4-5.jpg

5-5.jpg

and yes the engine is dirty....i do play with my toys:D:burnout::burnout:

Excellent! Thats the best! Easy, straight forward solutions always work the best.
Now I jut need to get off my lazy butt and have a close look at mine to hopefully find a solution just as easy.

That is much better, nice engineering dude.

Going to do a pull to see what your numbers are now?

That is much better, nice engineering dude.

Going to do a pull to see what your numbers are now?

I still have some work to do,need to change out my fan motor,rear axle seal and still find where water is getting.also building a snorkel/cai,once done with that i just need to button up the NOS and water/meth.then going to mount some 33x10.50 street tires for the dyno and street for now on,im melting my good mud tires to PIECES!!:(

JD that thing is looking great! Hopefully we can set up a run in a couple months and check that thing out. I want to put a SC on my SOHC in the next 2 years. We shall see what happens. Happy trails with the finishing touches on your build.

JD that thing is looking great! Hopefully we can set up a run in a couple months and check that thing out. I want to put a SC on my SOHC in the next 2 years. We shall see what happens. Happy trails with the finishing touches on your build.

Thanks buddy.yea we need to set up another fall run to shoe creek and fishfoods;)

I still have some work to do,need to change out my fan motor,rear axle seal and still find where water is getting.also building a snorkel/cai,once done with that i just need to button up the NOS and water/meth.then going to mount some 33x10.50 street tires for the dyno and street for now on,im melting my good mud tires to PIECES!!:(
look into the 36x12.5r16.5 military tires. they wear nicely on the street, and theyre cheap. youd need wheel adapters or custom wheels cause they dont have a 5x4.5 pattern in a 16.5 wheel tho

Thanks buddy.yea we need to set up another fall run to shoe creek and fishfoods;)
im down to ride shotgun. i have a ****load of vacation days :)
i can take the ranger up there then trail ride with someone else

look into the 36x12.5r16.5 military tires. they wear nicely on the street, and theyre cheap. youd need wheel adapters or custom wheels cause they dont have a 5x4.5 pattern in a 16.5 wheel tho

im down to ride shotgun. i have a ****load of vacation days :)
i can take the ranger up there then trail ride with someone else

I think your missing the point.i want a smaller and lighter tire to gain some tq and hp back and to save my mud tires .im only going to run them on the street and run my PJ off road only!

don't be chicken..a 2Wd explorer wheeled it last time with us and didnt get stuck.:p

i was saying from the point of you not melting 33" at's into slicks after 5 redlights with 4.88 gears and a blower lol

and im not chicken! i have faith in the ranger to make it, i just dont wanna put my dd through all that and risk more dents or any problems. thats why im building my pos for! lol

i was saying from the point of you not melting 33" at's into slicks after 5 redlights with 4.88 gears and a blower lol

and im not chicken! i have faith in the ranger to make it, i just dont wanna put my dd through all that and risk more dents or any problems. thats why im building my pos for! lol

33s and 4.88s is what this heavy ass truck needs.you look at track cars and they run 4.56 &33s in light ass cars.id rather have the power back and melt cheap tires than my PJ..

WHAT ....OMG.. smartest thing i HAVE EVER heard you say!!i wouldn't even have thought about bringing the ranger on the trail!!hahah:thumbsup:

it wouldnt be heavy if you didnt drive around with a water tank filled up just so you can take a shower when needed, your musty ass! haha

lol. i try to be smart sometimes. the pebble road leading to stacys house is the most extreme offroading it will see. so technically i would be wheelin the ranger :p

it wouldnt be heavy if you didnt drive around with a water tank filled up just so you can take a shower when needed, your musty ass! haha

lol. i try to be smart sometimes. the pebble road leading to stacys house is the most extreme offroading it will see. so technically i would be wheelin the ranger :p

O its not for me;)your be surprised how many drunk girls at the bar that have gotten into it at last call!!hahah or how many i just have sprayed with water that didnt want to be!!hahah

well finally finished my belt slip.i tried to get a custom blue racing belt made but they wouldnt do it unless i had 10 made:(i went with a gator back #4060960 96" long for my 2.7" pulley.good thing is i can still use the old belts also if i have to,they go right over the belt slip pulley.man i was having alot more slip than i really knew about.dont get any sqeaks or boost coming in and out.boost feels like it comes in earlier and keeps building till redline,think i pick up a little boost also.i cant wait to get some street tires on here,it will be freakn balls fast!!this just about wraps up this thread. ill post up new dyno sheets and some burnout vid once i get my street tires;)

GOT BELTS
(minus the two i gave away with the underdrive pullies)
2012-09-17175806.jpg

and just a little pointless vid;)turn treble down,hate cell phone vid!:(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0Malxovm-A

Cant see the vid.

Congrats! Final pic of your engine bay?

Cant see the vid.

Congrats! Final pic of your engine bay?

FIXED
yea idk whats wrong with it.its saying the server is down.i put a direct link up also.finial pics are on page one,nothing has changed except i got a stock alternator on there because mine blew up on dyno and the new belt slip pulley.whole lot dirtier now tho.i really need to take a vid with a real camera,the cell phone makes it sound like **** and loud!!!!

Glad it all came together for you man, that was a hell of a lot of work and engineering on your part. Good work!:chug:

Back