4th Gen - Extended Upper Control Arms with Uni-ball joint | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

4th Gen - Extended Upper Control Arms with Uni-ball joint

Ok I'm still having problems. I'm posting pics. It still seems the metal sleeves are just to short. Let me know what u all think. The bushing has sunk in a lot to try and compensate for the short sleeves. I think this is why I can't keep anything tight.

1520144e.jpg

40d4fd31.jpg

As u can see even with the bushing sunk in from the washers the metal sleeve still is not even with the outside. Please let me know if u all agree or if I'm completely wrong. Thanks!

Totally agree with you, the sleeves are short

you should contact Brandon@BTF-fab to fabrecate new inner sleeves longer with wahsers (OEM style)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

it should not be difficult at all. If you got the new sleeves, just tap off the old ones then insert the new sleeves

Eibach 25mm spacers

Allaa',

Did you have to cut the OEM lugs for these 25mm spacers to fit with your stock 17" wheels? I have the same wheels as yours and just want to know what I'm up against before I order the spacers.

ALY03639U.png

Allaa',

Did you have to cut the OEM lugs for these 25mm spacers to fit with your stock 17" wheels? I have the same wheels as yours and just want to know what I'm up against before I order the spacers.

ALY03639U.png

No, these eibach spacers are for ford's.

The OEM lugs are used to fit the spacers on and the spacers have a nother lugs to mount the wheels.

You can get the spacers part number in my registery.

Eibach Pro 25mm Spacer Kits #90.4.25.010.3

Ordered. Thank you again!

The grease fittings are east. I will write up a how to on them ASAP. Also anyone know what size tubing the sleeves are? I may have to make my own. It's my daily driver and the front end has been apart for over a week. Brandon said he would have the new ones out last Friday but I haven't seen them or gotten any updates. Is it just the standard 3/4 Dom tubing for 9/16 bolts?

I have not measured them yet.

But if you tap them-off you can measure them or you can take them to the nearest lathing shop so they can measure them and fabricate new ones of copper or bronze

I finally got them done. Brandon never sent the corrected parts or contacted me again but I finally found the correct tubing. The bushings work much better now and everything stays tight. As far as the grease fittings, just drill and tap to the right size directly in the middle in the groove where the 2 bushing halves meet. This will allow the grease to flow around the center groove and into the side grooves. Then just thread the fitting in with a little lock tite. Then use a good synthetic grease. Glad I'm finally back on the road. Sucked waiting over a week for the new parts that they never even shipped! Here's a pic

2b614b49.jpg

Eibach Pro 25mm Spacer Kits #90.4.25.010.3

Ordered. Thank you again!

so will this kit also fit my 2006 Expy? What is our bolt spacing and pattern?

so will this kit also fit my 2006 Expy? What is our bolt spacing and pattern?

The kit is Aluminum, 25mm Thick, 70.50mm Center Bore, 5 x 114.3mm, Ford, Mercury, Pair

It is hub-centerric and fits perfect

Our bolt pattern is 5x4.5. Same as older jeep wrangler. Makes it nice because there are so many wheel options!

The steel spare that came with my truck doesn't have the voids to accommodate the OEM lugs that protrude through the spacers. To avoid having to also remove the spacers to mount the spare, I bought an extra aluminum wheel to serve as the spare. Seems like a wise investment to avoid having to deal with the extra hassle on the trail...

http://www.wheelstiresandmore.com/p-21300-aluminum-wheel-rim-17x75-3639.aspx?keyword=aly03639ualy03639u20n

DSC_0034.png

For me I didn't like the steel spare wheel form day 1 and I bought an extra aluminum wheel for spare along with Tire Pressure Monitoring Sensor and TPMS19 Remote programmer.

For that I didn't had this problem!

Uni-ball and foul weather

Does any one have these that lives in a northern weather envio.??

Im wondering how you care for the uni-ball, just generally and also during the winter when exposed to snow, salt , sand etc. for months at a time.

What lube?, dry, grease, etc.

Cheers, Todd

Does any one have these that lives in a northern weather envio.??

Im wondering how you care for the uni-ball, just generally and also during the winter when exposed to snow, salt , sand etc. for months at a time.

What lube?, dry, grease, etc.

Cheers, Todd

Regarding lub

No lube. They have a Teflon liner which provides the lubrication, if you grease them, it just attracts dirt, which can become a gritty paste that will prematurely wear the Uniball.

Got mine on the other day, then decided to go back at it today and put the washers in. When I put them on I pushed them all the way back in the adjustment and torqued them to 110 or so to keep them from moving. After eveything is back together and sitting on the ground it appears to still have some positive camber, so Im hoping the aligment shop can work some magic and get her lined up.....I hope.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back