93FoRdExPlOrEr's 1993 Ford Exlorer XLT | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

93FoRdExPlOrEr's 1993 Ford Exlorer XLT

This is my registry for my 1993 Ford Explorer XLT, 4 Door, 4X4.

Tires/Wheels

-Black Unique Rims
-Dominator A/T 29" Tires

Appearance Modification Specs -

- Iron Cross Floor Mats
- Iron Cross Steering Wheel Cover
- Skin Industries Sticker On Rear WIndow

Lights -

- Removed

Performance Modifications -

- None As Of Now

Sound System

- Jensen In-Dash CD Player (MP7610)

Other Stuff

- Midland CB/PA System

Waiting To Be Installed -

- Black 4' CB Antenna

Plans For The Future -

- 4'', 5.5'', or 6'' Suspension Lift
- 3'' Body Lift
- Flowmaster Exaust
- Headman Headers
- Fabtech Desert Bar
- Safari Roof Rack
- KC Lights (2 on Bumper Guard, 4 on Roof Rack)
- Warn Winch
- Motorized In-Dash 7'' LCD TV With DVD and GPS Navigation
- New Sound System (Brand Not Yet Determined)
- Mass Air Flow System (Brand Not Yet Determined)
- Remote Start / Car Alarm
- Billet Grille
- High Gloss Black Paint Job With Single White Race Stripe
- Regearing at some point
- Lund Sunvisor

Here are some pics -

- The day I got it....WOOHOO!

2075792_2_full.jpg

2075792_3_full.jpg

2075792_4_full.jpg

2075792_13_full.jpg

2075792_12_full.jpg

2075792_15_full.jpg

New floor mats and new steering wheel cover....

2075792_11_full.jpg

The new Off-Road lights....

2075792_56_full.jpg

2075792_57_full.jpg

2075792_58_full.jpg

img

2075792_6_full.jpg

2075792_7_full.jpg

2075792_8_full.jpg

Waiting To Be Installed -

2075792_63_full.jpg

Will Be Updated When I Get Somthing New!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

plan your trips to involve no turning what so ever too...i dont think a wheel that wide will be able to fit thorugh your wheel well with some 33s on them....

tell us WHY you want wide rims...they dont do anything for you really, a 15x8 will sit really well (wider than stock) and will hold a 33" tire much better, Trust me, get the 15x8 and be done. Plus they are cheaper ;)

Another thing, in all honesty i think you should do a little learning before you build this truck. It seems that you dont really know what you are doing, which is fine everyone was there at some point. Dont let this discourage you, by all means lift your truck and wheel the piss out of it, but learn about the truck, learn about the parts you are putting on it. You stated earlier that you didnt know what a shackle was or how to install it. I sugggest you learn about these simple parts, that way if something DOES go wrong on the trail, which at some point it will (no wheeler has never had a single problem on the trail to deal with) you will be able to fix/or afro rig that part to get you home. Your trucks #1 duty is to get you home safe, no matter the condition of the truck. If you break something and dont know how to fix it, you could be stranded. However if you learn a parts function, it is far easier to afro rig that part to get you home where you can replace the part. This site has a wealth of information on it, and i promise you, if it can go wrong or break, someone on this site has broken it and can tell you how to fix it. If you dont know what something is...SEARCH and then ASK (if you cant find it in a search) and someone will tell you. Thats just my .02, if you have any questions, PM me.

Nothing from EE yet, i might get a sway bar and some other minor stuff in the future, but right now im just working on a lift and new wheels.

New Stuff

- Well, I finally got my CB installed, it's a Midland 1001Z 40 Channel CB with Auto Channel 9 and PA. For the antenna i went to radio shack and got a magnet mount whip, it works fine. I'm going to get rid of it as soon as i figure out how im going to mount my 4' whip though.

- I bought some green LED lights for where your feet go in the front seats, so at night they it glows green. It's pretty cool, not sure if its legal to drive with them though.

- Found some cool tire gauge thread cap things, they are skulls. So i put them on.

**Pictures will be put up soon**

i thought you were going to lift it....29s might be a bit small after that :confused:

all the places around her4e have policies and wont install tires over 29" on explors cuz of the rolling, so im gonna have to have a friend do it when i lift it.

Aww, mommy and daddy are paying for all of this. How cute.

you gotta take it to an offroad shop....and you are in Cali...they are on every street corner (for the most part)....

Back