97 Sport build number 2 | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

97 Sport build number 2

Beefy tires on rig = instant cooler looking rig.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So got lift installed and new tires installed. Total lift front with tires is 5” and 6” in the rear. I did do a SOA in the rear and she is a little off but I’m happy with how she looks. I have 3” keys in the front. Here are the pictures.
E3E988A6-9E05-4642-A3AE-18371EC92895.jpeg
AD07353C-235E-4F53-A05C-6A4CD5B0BA7D.jpeg
52F589A6-E697-4ED3-8B57-56A67DCC428C.jpeg
0B60ED2E-85D3-458A-9A14-9021DBC9EB7A.jpeg
43FCB3E1-39B5-446D-BFB8-4B3DDD534C7A.jpeg
14AE6962-C898-4B7E-8F6B-6CC9D18F0D5B.jpeg

Man...I need to get cracking on mine..... slow down.....you're making me look bad :)

Well I finally got her out of the garage. Did a little Drive way flexing. Pretty happy with how she is looking. Need to get her out on the trails to see how she is there. Can not wait to be out there in the trails again.
New 97 14.jpg
New 97 15.jpg

Nice.............

So a little update. I took front swap bars out and installed new front shocks. I also put in Limiting Straps in the front. I have driven on the road with these tires and WOW are they quiet. I forget how aggressive they are when inside the truck on the roads. This coming weekend will be taking her out to her first trail with me. I am sure she will be fine. The 1354e works great in her and she is driving just fine. Can not wait to get her out on the trails.
New 97 21.jpg

New 97 18.jpg

Oh and I took the Tupper ware off of her. :)

New 97 20.jpg

I don't have the cash to justify throwing at "Stretch" at the moment....and want to keep it a mild to medium off-roader for now (although I push it)....but here's what I scored today for ONLY $100 out the door after a little haggling at JY with manager....they're taking the nice tires off and upselling them so I called them out and he caved! Score... These will keep me busy for the next year...

TIRES 1.jpg

I don't have the cash to justify throwing at "Stretch" at the moment....and want to keep it a mild to medium off-roader for now (although I push it)....but here's what I scored today for ONLY $100 out the door after a little haggling at JY with manager....they're taking the nice tires off and upselling them so I called them out and he caved! Score... These will keep me busy for the next year...

View attachment 340477
Those look very good what size are they? Mine are 285/75r16. I measured them and came to 33s. I really like mine and can’t wait for Sunday.

235/70/16
Here's a closeup of one.... can't beat these with a stick for $100 for all 4.....didn't even charge me their dismount fee....
$185 each new with Walmart pricing: LINK
I'm into hill climbing, not so much mudding so these will do for now.
The tires on the rig now still have pretty decent tread but are mismatched models --2 models on front....2 different models on rear...both rear ones got a single nail in each which I successfully plugged... probably run those out for a few more months though I'd like to throw these puppies on soon! :)

TIRES 2.jpg

Changed my mind.... too small for me, even for short term, I'm going to flip them and put that money towards larger tires....I've read without a lift I can squeeze 265/70R16's without rubbing. So will be pursuing that.
Wash / armor-all these puppies for Craigslist tomorrow. Figure I can get $300 so easy $200 made towards other tires.

Off roading pics or video or it didn't happen....:pics:

Here's spot I was at today.... tearing up hills....
Second pic.... the one that could've been a second gen Explorer tv commercial was from a few weeks ago at another spot..
There was a Raptor sitting on top there alone and I came rolling up in my stocker and he must have been doing a double-take / rubbing eyes...

HILL.jpg

TOP OF HILL.jpg

Well right now I got the pictures. Will be later that I will be able to get videos. So Far this is all that I have. I am super happy with how she performed. Can not wait to do more trails.

Here she is next to a 98 with a 5" RC lift.
New 97 28.jpg

New 97 27.jpg

Here are some trail pictures as of now. Was a great trip.

New 97 29.jpg

New 97 26.jpg

New 97 24.jpg
New 97 25.jpg

And here she is the day after the trailer at home.

New 97 22.jpg

And after Bath

New 97 23.jpg

Looking dang good man! And you just accidentally helped me, was curious about the 5" RC lift fitting. What do ya plan to do to her next?

Looking dang good man! And you just accidentally helped me, was curious about the 5" RC lift fitting. What do ya plan to do to her next?
Thank you sir. My next plans right now is just to do some small stuff. Fill the holes, possibly rattle can paint a strip down the side and get her leaks fixed. Later I plan to get a bumper and tire carrier, and a winch. Her height is about all that I wanted. She did what I asked her when on the trail now to see what other trails I can take her on.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thank you sir. My next plans right now is just to do some small stuff. Fill the holes, possibly rattle can paint a strip down the side and get her leaks fixed. Later I plan to get a bumper and tire carrier, and a winch. Her height is about all that I wanted. She did what I asked her when on the trail now to see what other trails I can take her on.
Sounds like a good plan! I'm looking into a bumper and a winch as well. Just need to be sure what I do will fit with the tires I go with.

Back