99 Exploder 5.0 Gone Mudding? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

99 Exploder 5.0 Gone Mudding?

So today will be the official last day the explorer will be on the road. It's rusting in several spots and now it's just getting to be a pain to work on. So with that being said it's time to lift it and get some mud diggers on it :D It's got the v8 with close to 208k on it, still runs strong.

What should i do to go mudding? I'm going to lift it but i feel like i should stay away from the body lift. So that being said i plan on doing add a leaf and possibly the torsion twist. Going to build a custom intake for it with some PVC running up the pillars, probably going to go ahead and replace u-joints. CV Axles, coils, brakes, rotors and control arms on both sides have all been replaced within the last year. I'm not going for anything extremely serious, just something to take out on my weekend off to visit Yankee Lake in Ohio.

Any suggestions? Brand of tires? Should i do any driveline swaps?

Will look into that swap.

Went mudding friday and had some issues, home made snorkel let loose and maf sensor kept messing with us.. Last night we did the 3" body lift, gonna do torsion twist today. Then back to Yankee Lake this friday night.

Back