Annual Truck Haven California Run 2006 Feb 4-5 2006 | Page 19 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Annual Truck Haven California Run 2006 Feb 4-5 2006

Nice Trailer. You keep getting better with each film :D

I put together a camera mount for my Digital 8 so I can give you some stock to add to your footage.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

RangerX said:
Salton City weather forecast:
Thursday Night
Mostly clear. Lows 42 to 52.
Friday
Mostly sunny. Highs 78 to 83.
Friday Night
Mostly clear. Lows 42 to 52.
Saturday
Mostly sunny. Highs 77 to 82.
Saturday Night
Mostly clear. Lows 43 to 53.
Sunday
Mostly sunny. Highs 75 to 80.

:thumbsup:

damn that sounds pretty nice!!! i think it was forty something and raining here today!!!

Bill, I have a small coolant leak to fix tomorrow. It should only take a few mins to fix that. Then load the wood and camping gear (tent, pillow, sleeping bag, cooler, beer). But, yes I am serious about brining the cord or atleast most of it.

RockRanger said:
Well I have to work thursaday and friday :fire: So I want be out till friday night sometime. Probably around 8 pm or so.
That sucks Matt, but I'll be sure to get plenty of 'FROADIN' in during the day for you. I'll see if maybe I can even smash a door in... ;)

I'm so ready to try out the new L/S and wristed arm this weekend!

Brian (Gopher), You could ride out there and back with me if you want. While out there the front seat is saved for Mark but I'm sure someone else will have an open seat. Actually I have the whole back seat open while on the trails. If you do, I plan on leaving Friday no later than 10am and coming home sometime Sunday late afternoon or evening. Call me and let me know.

FROADER said:
That sucks Matt, but I'll be sure to get plenty of 'FROADIN' in during the day for you. I'll see if maybe I can even smash a door in... ;)

I got a spare driver side cargo window if you feel like knocking one out :D

Rick said:
We love fire Bill... You know that :D The bigger the better :D It's nice not to have to worry about conserving for each night;)
You're right, what was I thinking!?!

Everyone bring wood!!! :D

OH sorry, once the elevator/fire personnel are there do what they say.
You see the lift is in manual mode, meaning only the mechanic can move it from the top of the car or machine room. This is the reason for the slow creep speed and the jarring stop.
Elevators are mode to stop smoothly because it is comfortable for people. When the mechanic is riding the car it is made to stop STOP, not slow smoothly.
(less mechanics get hurt in the hoistway when you are riding on top of a slow moving lift). It's called "inspection speed".

Once they come and get you, don't worry about the elevator suddenly moving.
People get stuck in elevators every single day, we actually have it easy in the US with our safety codes and safety personnel.

Anyways you guys have a blast out there this weekend!
I will have to miss this run due to distance and timing, but I'll see you in Moab :)

I hope someone is bringing a box of various Ford tail lights on this run! You can make a small fortune just before the drive home :)

Hey guys, I'm going to join ya Saturday. I'll get there early 8'ish so I don’t miss the run. Unfortunately, I can only stay for the day. Don’t know what dish I'm bringing yet but, I'll bring a Christmas tree! & try to scrape up some wood too.

What CB channel will you all be on? If not, what channel will the handhelds (RF's) be on? Finally, anybody have GPS coordinates (Waypoints) for the campsite, or the trail head.

I'll be in a my Blue Ranger.

RockRanger said:
Well I have to work thursaday and friday :fire: So I want be out till friday night sometime. Probably around 8 pm or so. My brother did just drop a nice dead oak tree today so If I can manage to squeeze a few rounds in the truck it should make a good base for the fires. See everyone friday night.

Don't feel bad Matt. I am in the same boat. My Friday lunch arrival is now late Friday night.

Jason69 said:
Hey guys, I'm going to join ya Saturday. I'll get there early 8'ish so I don’t miss the run. Unfortunately, I can only stay for the day. Don’t know what dish I'm bringing yet but, I'll bring a Christmas tree! & try to scrape up some wood too.

What CB channel will you all be on? If not, what channel will the handhelds (RF's) be on? Finally, anybody have GPS coordinates (Waypoints) for the campsite, or the trail head.

I'll be in a my Blue Ranger.

Take the 10 to S22 turn right on North Marina drive after the road turns to dirt there is a fork, go to the right, we'll be about 300yd up on your right.

Can't wait to get out of work today and do some wheelin :bounce:

Stic-o said:
Take the 10 to S22 turn right on North Marina drive after the road turns to dirt there is a fork, go to the right, we'll be about 300yd up on your right.
Um, you mean the 86S, not the S22 right??

The 86 to N Marina Drive turnoff is:
N 33* 18.175'
W115* 58.903'

Camp is:
N 33* 17.558'
W116* 00.279'

Not sure when I'll be out there, either tomorrow evening or early Saturday morning if I have to work tomorrow. And I still have to pick up my shortened driveshaft and install it...uugh.

Thanks for the GPS coords...

Jefe said:
Um, you mean the 86S, not the S22 right??

What was I thinking :confused: I just need to get out of work already :p

I got my:

Tow hooks on (one front, one rear :p )
Front driveshaft installed
T-case skid plate on
Took off my receiver

Still need to:

Pick up my trailer
Buy a CB :confused:
Pack!
Find Josh S.

What am I forgetting?

Went shopping. :cool:

Attachments

• stuff.jpg
    stuff.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 163

P vibes,
My condolences on your loss...there will be other runs :thumbsup:

Kiadog,
glad your comin out, it'll be cool to see ya again.

Jason69,
Didn't we wheel with you a few yrs back at Los Coyotes, you were in a blue flareside Ranger?

jobunn,
bringing out your brothers? Those guys are a riot :p

Ok,
I plan to be out there Fri. late afternoon, hopefully sooner if I can get out of work earlier but i'm not counting on it. I'm gonna see if I can borrow a camera too since I'll be a passenger.

Tent Dwellers: I've got some 1/2" Insulfoam (laminated styrofoam) from one of the jobs I've been working at which will make for a nice mat underneath your sleeping bag. I only have a couple sheets which could be cut in half so first come first serve...hit me up at camp
See everybody there!

Zuk is running again. Going to get some food, and then start packing up to get out of here. Probably be there about 4am Friday morning at the rate I'm moving.

Just got home from work :( Now to pack up and go pick up my nephews and head out.

DB_1 said:
Tent Dwellers: I've got some 1/2" Insulfoam (laminated styrofoam) from one of the jobs I've been working at which will make for a nice mat underneath your sleeping bag. I only have a couple sheets which could be cut in half so first come first serve...hit me up at camp
Ooh, dibs! I could probably make a great plane out of that. :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well good news is I dont have to work tommorow but thta bad news is the truck isnt ready to do. Still need to finish trimming the fenders in the morning. Going to try and get everything else done tonight so as soon as I finish hacking the fenders I just need to load up and head out. Hoping to be there around noon tommorow. Maybe I can catch the afternoon run.

Back