Bigfoot First Electric Monster Truck | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Bigfoot First Electric Monster Truck

Tbars4

Moderator Emeritus
Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
City, State
anaheim hills,california
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 ranger 4x4/ 91 X 4x4
Bob Chandler creation, BigFoot, is turning over a new leaf. A greener leaf as it smashes cars. (Bigfoot #20)

Full story and news video..:biggthump
http://fox2now.com/2012/11/08/bigfoot-monster-truck-goes-electric/

promo176684451.jpg

“We built this truck in five weeks working seven days a week, 12 to 15 hours a day until we got it done. And this particular one, the electric truck is 360 volts and it’s 1400 amps.” said head fabricator Bryan Bertoletti."

So, next time you go to a monster truck expecting to hear a roar. The only thing you’ll notice is the raw power of this car smashing success. That’s progress when a monster truck is leaving a quiet carbon footprint or tire tread.

..This video is just the truck and it's new sounds doing it's thing...It's First Crush..

..Powered by Odyssey Batteries and this is their news release PDF from their site..;)
http://odysseybattery.com/documents/ODY_ElecBIGFOOT_15Oct12.pdf

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

.. And no odd/even gas lines...:D

its just not the same...
Agreed. Half of the fun is hearing/feeling those engines rumble.
I don't think it's the future of Monster Jam, but it's pretty cool they did it.

No, no, no, no, no!!! :banghead:

...I can here the future of radio announcements now..

...Sunday, Sunday, Sunday...

..Come hear the mighty wir of the electric motors and be amazed at the micro battery technology while these Monster Trucks thrill you by crushing the latest in aluminum cars..:D

It's worth it just for them to have done it as another first.

Besides the name recognition, what keeps BIGFOOT ahead of all the other monster trucks (almost all of which are owned by Feld Entertainment, and Live Nation before that) is the innovation and creativity in engineering.

It may not be the immediate future of monster trucks, but at 5 MPG, and with fuel getting ever more expensive, it might soon make more sense to use electric motors, especially as they improve and batteries get better as well.

I would turn JP to all Electric in a heartbeat.... Torque like crazy!

For me it goes with movie theme, (Explorer were on Electric track in movie) but if it wasn't painted like JP I wouldn't do it.

I agree though...if Monster Trucks go to this the sport is over.

Would you go see Electric Dragsters?:(

It may not be the immediate future of monster trucks, but at 5 MPG, and with fuel getting ever more expensive, it might soon make more sense to use electric motors, especially as they improve and batteries get better as well.

I wonder if they have to charge them between runs. :D

What does it matter if they only got 1MPG? That's totally irrelevant to monster trucks. They are not for travel. You're not going to run out of fuel going from one side of the arena to the other.

Back