- October 3, 2015
- Reaction score
- City, State
- Tucson, AZ
- Year, Model & Trim Level
- '00 Mercury Mountaineer
I'm considering building a fresh 302 for my '00 Mountaineer and have some good hard parts on my shelf that I'm contemplating using. Not sure if it will be a good build however, mainly because of the heads.
- '93 5.0 Mustang block, seasoned - was putting down close to 500 hp with a blower at one point. Glyptal in the valley.
- Stock '93 5.0 crank
- Stock '93 5.0 rods, but shotpeened and polished, as well as fitted with ARP Wave-loc rod bolts.
- Federal Mogul forged flat top pistons - I think it was 9.5:1 with 60cc heads.
- World Products Windsor Sr. cast iron heads, heavily ported, 2.02/1.60 valves, 1.6 ratio roller rockers and studs with guideplates.
- Comp Cams Xtreme Energy 35-320-8 cam
- Everything else, including exhaust and intake, bone stock.