Cybergasm's 1991 Explorer XLT 4x4 | Page 7 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Cybergasm's 1991 Explorer XLT 4x4

Well now that I have a motor on the way and this truck will see the road again. It time to start a new thread on my other Explorer.:D

1991 Explorer XLT 4X4

I purchased this Truck in June 2007 for the measly sum of 800.00;) from the previous owner who resided in Mesa AZ. Ran and Drove but had engine problems so it had to trailered home to California. Where it has sat for the last few months waiting patiently for new motor. Here are some specs on it

The Vehicle:
'91 Explorer XLT model 145k on the clock.
OHC V-6 Auto Trans Manual T-case Manual Hubs:thumbsup:
4/5 inch Superlift? Ditched the Front springs in Favor of Pro Comp Springs
Reworked Extended Superlift Radius Arms.
3 Inch Body Lift
35X12.50/15 Pro Comp X Terrains on 15X10 Black Rockcrawler type rims
CB
Pioneer Stereo with Sirius Sat Radio
Prerunner Style Front Bumper
Square Tube Rear Bumper

MODS
Currently has the stock Exhaust back in it.
Jet Chip performance module
Back to using the Stock MAF
Modified Throttle Body
Stock Air Box with a K&N filter
Headman Headers
Zukman Desighned Shackles :D
Zukman Designed Sliders :D
Super lift shocks front and rear
Pro-Comp Front Steering Stabilizer
2nd Gen Leather Seats
Center Console

Here are some Photos from when i first go it.

0101070102040104032007060417c4a0a91615c8ff550055e2.jpg

010100010207010411200706041841cd9fb1c6b0422c000fe3.jpg

010107010212010309200706043ded07d70b2e4eb9fb0090bd.jpg

[/I]

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Holy Crap an update sorta:cool:

Coming Soon :
IMG00017.jpg

hmmmm reconize that cracked asphalt, dead grass, and jack stands....where I have I seen those before:scratch:

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

LOL then you know who my Builder is then :D

...:shifty_ey ...OOOOH, being sly huh...:p:

whoops did see these posts at first.

...Is that lindsy in your avatar...:eek:

tell ya later ;)

So what is the extent of the plans with the 9" and fiberglass you're getting from carlover?

umm think i am gonna ditch 8.8 for the 9 dunno for sure if i gonna run the glass want to trail fit it and see how it looks

guess i planning on some version of my own desert beater ;)

so we will see where this heads to in the future since these are definite future projects and course gotta talk shop with Brandon see what i can do with the front axle on this thing :cool:

I say ditch the body lift before getting those sliders mounted. From the above picture, it looks like you're not afraid of trimming some sheet metal. :D

well the body lift stays cause it gonna make it easier to mount the sliders

Give me Sliders or give me Death

Let there Sliders :D

The patient has been dropped of tonight to begin the process of putting sliders on this thing:bounce::bounce::bounce:

and in other news i now have a 9in Currie rear axle for this truck and some glass for the rear also :thumbsup::D

and i dropped off a Certain set of Radius Arms today also :cool: to begin the process of rebuilding reinforcing them and these should be on the truck in time for Truckhaven :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Whew it was a busy day for me

...Cool...:biggthump

...So what's the project's for tomorrow???...:p:

Next would be to get the front end whipped into shape it has been long neglected......

it has a new slew of vibrations, shimmies and clunks and rattles i have to figure out :rolleyes:

and some red paint the just needs to go away!

well the body lift stays cause it gonna make it easier to mount the sliders

How true! So much easier to do with the BL on! :D

Good to see your back in MOD mode!:thumbsup:

We need all the pics you can get. Helps a ton to see whats going on. (Hint-Hint);)

How true! So much easier to do with the BL on! :D

Good to see your back in MOD mode!:thumbsup:

We need all the pics you can get. Helps a ton to see whats going on. (Hint-Hint);)

yeah there will a ton o pics once i get back to town again and some of these projects are done. or if Zukmam is really nice she can post some teasers pics of the slider build ;) Sue, As for the Red "Paint" that is actually powdercoat on that bumper and if your bored one day feel free to start grinding that crap off :D then i will paint it any color (black) you like :p:

April and I will be over to Investigate on Tuesday:shifty_ey

You could just paint over the powdercoat

HA ha-funny

Well, yeah, you could if you scratch it up real good with sandpaper

When can I see the sliders?

:help: wanna clue the rest of us in with a Brand Name or something?:cool:

"XLM" is the brand name.

"DTM" stands for Direct to metal. It is a powerful bonding primer. Can be used over paint, does not have to be used on bare metal.

Both come in latex & alkyd base. Both are great bonding primers.

Both can be purchased from Sherwin Williams. "XLM" Can be purchased from most Pro paint suppliers.

Back