East Coast Rumble | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

East Coast Rumble

Tsk Tsk

:eek: Well to say that I was a little intimidated was an understatment.... those Jeepers were Big!! and they came out in numbers..... not only was I the only Explorer there but I was one of maybe 5 female drivers there... but I still had fun :bounce:

but I surprised em ..... I only got stuck twice and I got myself out fast..... very little carnage

here is a couple of pics for you all

fetch.dll

fetch.dll

fetch.dll

fetch.dll

and finally lets go for a swim

Dead Link Removed

I have the rest of the pics here in my photo album..... it was a 3 day event so I'm not even done uploading everything... and MetJeep it was nice to finally meet ya.... hope to see you at the June event or the Trail Fest

Karol

http://content.communities.msn.com/...album&ID_Topic=2&ID_Community=FordExplorer4x4

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks like you all hard a blast, one of these days we all (east coast members) need to get together in the middle say Tn or NC...:cool: And don't sweat the female thing Karol, you've earned the right to be at any event...

Thanks

I will still be working on getting the axle swap. Now all I need to do is gather parts and set up a good long month :).... I think that I will probably wait until after The Trail Fest so I don't miss anything....

Karol:hammer:

More Photos

Nice to meet you Karol. Like someone said earlier, don't worry about being one of the few women drivers, my wife can get the trucks anywhere I can, and occasionally heads out with the group on her own or with a friend.

I just put some photos from the Rumble up on our club web site. Just hit the link, go to photos/schedule and go to the bottom section of the page for non-club events and the Rumble is down there. There is one photo of Karol's truck in the starting line-up. There are also other Paragon photos off of the top part of the page where we are out cutting trails. You can get a bit of a feel for Paragon, but there are not many Explorers.

http://www.ec4x4e.com

Great trip. Any time a bunch of Explorers want to get together up there, just get in touch with Paragon. It should be easy to arrange.

I will certainly be hitting the area several more times this year!!!

I can't find the spot on the website to view the pics Met....where is it again?

Karol

I can't find it either. Maybe I overloaded it. Checking into the situation and will let you know.

Karol-- look into the new york thread somewhere else on this forum. There may be a bunch of folks to get an Explorer group together to run Paragon. Looks like they are kind of out of trails out their direction.

Well

:p I tried the NY peeps and well.... they didn't really reply so...no problem....I'll just have to stick goin with the jeeps....heh maybe I should go buy a jeep ...huh

Karol

I'm up for a run somewhere!! I couldn't make last weekend 'cuz the in laws were up (this weekend it's my dad) for our daughter's birthday. If anyone has some good northeast offroading, let's hit it!!

Well

:mad: I'm not going to be able to make the June Ramsey Offroad Challenge.... lack of $$ starting a new job.... but I'm definitey going to the TrailFest in Sept.... I still maybe the only explorer there.... unless you can plan for it Jeff.... Paragon is fun!!! I like the fact that there are peeps there that know the trails backwards and forwards.... no surprises ....I mean if this wasn't my daily driver it wouldn't be a problem ...but for now it is ....I'm looking into a jeep or old land cruiser or even an older Explorer to mod now....it seems they have parts and can be easily lifted.... the Explorer is great but I wish that it wasn't so expensive to modify (remember I have a 96 and to lift it is alot of custom work... nothing can afford to break without paying major bucks to fix it) I want something that I can beat over the rocks and not worry too much about replacement....

Karol

Jeff do you have AIM? if so what is your AIM name...?

Hey Karol, it's JeffPennState. I'm on now.:D

Karol--

Paragon: Yes, the guides are good. They tend to keep a pretty close eye on trail conditions, and these can change real quick. For some real fun, try it with snow on the ground! It is kind of interesting watching some of the more exotic machinery working their way around M or Voodoo. The good thing is, if the timing is good, the other groups can eat lunch in the area and watch.

Re: Beater truck.

Personally, I like my Jeep TJ on the rocks. The '91 Explorer does OK down in the Pine Barrens (sandy and muddy) though, as long as the low air intake is disconnected so it doesn't suck water. Unfortunately, there are not enough junked TJ's in the yards yet to get reasonably priced replacement parts. The older Explorers are pretty easy to get parts for though. Get your son a shop manual for his next birthday!

The older Explorers are becoming more reasonably priced for play trucks. Still kind of expensive to modify though. If I was after a beater, and sooner or later I will be, I think I would lean towards a 4wd Toyota pickup for pure durability, or maybe an older Suzuki Samurai as an almost "disposable" 4x4. I also love the old Broncos, before they got big, and way before the Bronco II's. Maybe the thing to do is spend the money on a good set of axels/gearing/lockers, and they by a disposable truck to mount them on. Trash the truck, keep the axels, and start over.

Maybe if I get lucky, my daughter will take the TJ off to college and I will get to start over!! However, I think she will take the '91.

Who knows. For now, both the Jeep and the Explorer have their good points.

Well

There was some TJ and CJ in Truck Shopper that were pretty reasonable.... I saw an awesome one right down the street from me ..... but I may be looking at JFord's older explorer... I know its clean. The price is a little steep for me right now though... But it's already got the lift so...

Met....do you have an AIM? Did you get that site up yet? would love to view your pics...

Karol

Karol--

What's an AIM? I don't have it as far as I know. Do I need it?

By the way, the site is back up.

http://www.ec4x4e.com

Look for the links out of the photo/schedule page, the Rumble stuff in near the bottom. There are other season Paragon pictures also accessible from this page.

I got 3/4 the way up Impossible Hill!!!! (which is not really impossible for anyone not locked at both ends and wtih 33 or better tires).:)

The wheelin' at paragon looks great, who knows maybe one day I'll pull the Pumpkin to the other coast... :D

Good job Karol, it looks like you did a great job of showing them what an Explorer can do!

Impossbile hill?

:smoke: cool well Met I'm just getting over the thrill of my Ex being able to roll over them boulders.... now getting up the hill with them boulders ...that's another thing...I guess I'll need a little more experience before I attempt it....

AIM is american oline instant messanger.... you don't have to be a member of america online to have it....it's for the america online customers to be able to talk to their internet friends and visa versa....even one internet user to another..... here is the link ...all you have to do is join....its free...you get a buddy list and all.... everyone on your buddylist doesn't have to have the same ISP they just have to be a member of AIM...

Dead Link Removed

;) Rick

Thanks... I really had a great time. I loved it.... I know that Paragon is great but I'm sure it can't compare to the place out west.... I'd really love to make it out to MOAB one day.... maybe next year... I'm going to hit the Pocono Trail Fest this year and see what happens ...

Karol

I realize this thread is almost a month old, but just wanted to say your truck looks great Karol. Good job showin' off what an X can do!

Keep me posted next time an East Coast Rumble (east coast anything for that matter) comes around, it's always nice to see a good X representation at events such as that.

Why...thanks Tim :)

I planned on going to the Ramsey Winch Offroad Challenge in July but I just started a new job and well....it's taking all of my time...I also want to get ready for the PA TrailFest in Sept....You can get info on the TrailFest on this site

http://www.sportsintherough.com/

just click on events .....

I may rent an RV or if not I'm going to stay at the Forrest Hill Hotel again... That's where all the sponsers stayed and we had a blast.... I was the only Ex there guys!!!!! comeon..... The Jeepers were teasin me and well.....they saw what the Ex can do but don't really believe that there is enough of us out here to warrant any great interest!!! Come on guys.....get out there !!!

:bounce:

Karol

Back