"Herc Tour" Report | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

"Herc Tour" Report

What did ever happen to Peter? :dunno:

I did the Rubicon with him in FAKRWEE's truck and my buddy Winter in mine. He was the one that took the pictures and did the write up that got us in a magazine. Really cool guy.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have stayed in touch a little with him; just a couple of emails off and on every once in awhile that didn't get too personal. He developed some pretty bad back problems which effectively prevents him from ever going offroad again - can't take the jarring - so I guess he drifted away from keeping in touch with us offroad and on the site.

And whats' sad.....I still have the chair that I bought right before that trip.

Thanks Jon....now I wana go back to Moab. :(

And to think....the story behind this entire trip was that I wanted to get a new photo for my avatar. I took at least 4 or 5 different poses and thought I could pick one of those....then I almost rolled it in front of a bunch of people on a bike(the only set of people I recall seeing the entire trip) who spent about 10 minutes laughing at us. :D Good Times they were.

How about another photo of the sunset from that night.
lees_trip_28.jpg

And whats' sad.....I still have the chair that I bought right before that trip.

This is what sad!:eek: Dated 11/29/01

101329Gallon.jpg

And to think I payed $0.95 a gallon in Bakersfield for gas over thanksgiving. Oh that gas station we filled up at here is at $1.05 now and down the street it is $0.99. Abount the only good thing Fresno has going for it right now.

Matt

Lee, we did it when we could do it and no one can take that away from us... life gets in the way now and maybe it will never happen again, but those memories will rest eternal within us.

Who knows the future; maybe one day (?)

From our house-Moab is 10 minutes closer than Ouray-
Sheri And I will be there next Spring, and it would be an honor to meet you guys there.

Heh...... you think you're hooked now after Ouray; just wait till you wheel at Moab. LOL

you need to test the new rcd stuff in moab :p

Wow - hard to believe it's been twenty whole years!.... and still, to this day, this trip/adventure remains one of the favorite and most cherished memories of my entire life.

Wow has it really been 20 years. 😵

Yeah.... really hard to believe it's been that long. I guess you may look older than a teenage kid now LOL

I still have the young face but im 43 now… I still have my black Navajo that i took to the slabs on that trip.

Wow! I remember that Navajo and how great a job you did restoring it and I loved the interior. And.... how nervous you were at the first exit off the road onto the trail afraid of skidding the bottom of your rocker panel/running boards :)

Uh, guys. . . "Throwback Thursday" is tomorrow . . .

Just fu@king with ya! Good stuff!

Paul

9EC61D45-DABD-49A1-8E78-A9BF22014A24.jpeg

Somebody needed a haircut 🤫🤫😂😂 Still to this date my favorite trip ever was the White Rim trail.

It's almost Thursday Paul, close enough for me :) Lee, that photo made me literal LOL. Remember how we spent several tries trying to make the timer work and get all three of us in the photo and never got it done? I'm still handicapped with technology LOL. And I never got all the dirt from that trail completely out of Herc.

Remember how all night long we couldn’t figure out what the sound was we were hearing, then in the morning we woke up only to find out that we were a few hundred feet from the Green River. 😂

Wonder what ever happened to Peter?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I kept up with Peter a couple more times over the next year or two, but lost touch long ago. Great guy and gifted photographer. I still remember complaining to him on that trail that my photos could never capture the magnificence of what we were seeing. His reply was something along the line of "Some photos can never fit in the camera; they are for our memories."

Back