• Register Today It's free!

Good warranty service

djlove

Reaction score
City, State
Buffalo
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Explorer XLT
Pleasantly surprised with my dealer last week. My 3 year warranty expires today but last weekend i noticed that the armrest on the door had split open so i dropped the car off while i was at work to get looked at. Mentioned at the counter that the hood had some bubbling along the edge and the rear passenger door had a paint bubble anomaly. They called me back an hour later and said the door panel and hood will be fixed and that they couldn't see the door anomaly. I told the service rep that if he parked it in the sun for half an hour it will pop out, he called back twenty minutes later and told me ford was fixing the door as well.

Although im disappointed that my mint condition 3yo car has had so many parts replaced in the 6 months i have had it i, am very impressed with how my dealership has dealt with the issues.

I told the service rep that if he parked it in the sun for half an hour it will pop out, he called back twenty minutes later and told me ford was fixing the door as well.

Can I ask what you mean by this? Are you saying that when the interior heats up in warmer weather or from the sun it might be causing the internal foam of the armrest to expand causing the splitting? Ours has split and I could never figure out why, as neither my wife or I rest our arms on the arm rest.

Can I ask what you mean by this? Are you saying that when the interior heats up in warmer weather or from the sun it might be causing the internal foam of the armrest to expand causing the splitting? Ours has split and I could never figure out why, as neither my wife or I rest our arms on the arm rest.

No the paint has something wrong with it on the passenger door and when it heats up it becomes more pronounced. The service rep said the arm rest issue is common and is just a design failure. If mine does it again I'm going to pull them off and have an upholstery shop do them right with actual stitching and back batten. I was surprised they were not actual stitching, they did a nice job making them realistic.

Another post I saw the owner had an upholstery shop glue the seam together with flexible vinyl glue.

Thanks for clarification. I misread your initial post.

Back