John_Rock's 2001 Sport Trac 4x4 | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

John_Rock's 2001 Sport Trac 4x4

Well, I've been an Elite member for probably like two years. I guess it's time to put something in the Elite Registry. So here goes...

Engine: Stock 4.0L (245) SOHC SEFI V-6
Transmission: Stock Ford 5R55E 5 -Speed Automatic Overdrive
Transfer Case: Borg Warner 1354 electric shift - Gear Ratio ? Low ? 2.48:1
Steering: Stock Power, Ford - Rack and Pinion (Includes Steering Cooler) - Ratio 19.1:1 Static
Front Suspension: Superlift 4" lift
Rear Suspension: Spring over axle
Front Axle: Dana35 with a LockRight locker
Rear Axle: Ford 8.8 with a LockRight locker
Communications: Cobra 75 WX ST 40 Channel CB, Wilson 1000 antenna
Recovery Equipment: 60" Hi-Lift jack, 20' looped end tow strap.
Tires/Wheels: Super Swamper TSL/SX on 15x10 American Racing AR-767 wheels
Exterior: Performance Accessories 3" body lift. Gloria Zimmerman Rocksliders.
Interior: Leather seats, power moonroof, power rear window.
Audio: Stock CD/AM/FM radio.
Future Mods: Try to get rid of the rust before it falls apart.

Before Pic
41072001012701.jpg

After Pic
P1020775.jpg

Purchased 6/30/2000. It was 4th of July weekend, and I took her out for some camping and
minor offroading in Big Bend National Park in 110 degree heat. I put my first scratches on her that weekend.
I was just letting her know how hard she would have to work for me.

I bought her fully loaded. I think the only option I didn't have was the audiophile stereo system and of course the hard tonneau cover wasn't available yet.

Big Bend National Park
410700703051.jpg

I pretty much left her stock in appearance for over a year. Thanks to this website I learned about the KKM performance filter and installed it.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Great pics, John!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

John, you've sure been using a lot of photo shop to make it look like your truck is back out on the trails!! haha :)

It was a lot of fun to be out there. Someday mine will make it out there.

i hate your truck.. every time i see it, i wish mine had bigger tires.. more lift..

my truck seems inadequate

dude your trac is sick I plan on gettin one to replace my wrx I wrecked my 01 sport last nov and I have always loved this thing!
When I get it I'm thinkin of going with SOA Shackle TT and a 3 inch slanted bl since I have some left over pucks from the sport

Some Videos....

Big tires and lockers don't get you up all the hills. :(
But you might have fun trying.

I help Jeeps out sometimes.

Txplates and I took both our trucks out to Spring Creek last weekend.

Here's some video footage of my truck. I need a new tail lamp. :(

Preparation has begun for the next upgrade...

P1020618.jpg

oh gee how many guesses we get? :p:

so i assume the usual suspect will find a new home under there? (EB D44?)

tired of breaking front end parts? lol

I got my parts today, but the weather sucked that I was not motivated to be out there in a cold raining condition.

Maybe tomorrow will be better and I can get this upgrade knocked out.

what are you going to do with your cv's? :D

what are you going to do with your cv's? :D
You ***** you! I'm not even dead yet and you are asking. LOL
Just get Kabiak to get you some spares.

ps - you are wrong about what I am doing... hehehehe

larger knuckles? some sort of manual hub conversion?

i have spares.. but they dont last long with the locker lol

larger knuckles? some sort of manual hub conversion?

i have spares.. but they dont last long with the locker lol
And a lead foot perhaps??? :D

Some progress this weekend but not as much as I wanted to make.

Saturday was spent getting the new to me parts. Then today I got kind of a late start. Not a great day to be outside and working on the truck. It was raining on and off. Then while removing the rest of my parts I broke the passenger side torsion adjustment bolt. :shoot: That took me some time to remedy.

So all I got done today was removal of the front axle and torsion bars and lower A-arms. Oh and not to mention another problem I found. The rear drivers side mount for the front axle is broken off of the frame. :shoot:

Some pics from the end of the day...

P1020690.jpg

P1020692.jpg

so whats the plan stan?

so whats the plan stan?
I'm just trying to catch up with you. :p:

An SAS would be great, but that's just way more money than I can spend right now. But, I came across a helluva deal on a used Superlift. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

holy crap! I dont think anyone had pushed the IFS as far as you John, not on this forum! Of course having the long heavy sport trac I am sure helps!!

Does the superlift rely on the mount you broke? I am guessing it does! LOL

Its not going to fit under your car port LOL

Does the superlift rely on the mount you broke? I am guessing it does! LOL
Well the front axle relies on this mount to keep it from rotating under stress. I guess without that mount the front axle could experience axle wrap while driving. I hope to get the lift installed this week after work(leaving out he front axle and stuff) and drive it up to SVO's house to get the mount repaired.

I think Premier is trying to catch me in CV axle MDK(murder death kill) count. I think I might be at 6. :D

LOL I know the diff needs all its mounts, I am wondering with the Superlift brackets, do they rely on this mount? I mean the superlift kit drops your entire diff like 4", I assume the superlift mounts on the factory diff mounts? I have never looked closely at a drop bracket IFS kit
I was thinking if the superlift drop bracket doesnt use this bolt hole = EASY fix for you! instead of a repair just install lift!

Back