Jurassic Park...The SUV! | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Jurassic Park...The SUV!

Alright so some of you know Ive been painting my truck the last week, and I was going to wait to show it off at T-haven...But I know you all can't wait and I'm to proud of my hard work:D

So here are some pictures I took with my cell phone.

JP_Truck_High.jpg

JP_Truck_Side.jpg

Still have more to do, need to remount the front bumper, wetsand the whole truck and put on the JP logos when they get here..

The entire paint job was done using a $10 air sprayer from Harbor Freight and Rustoleum paint. The green I actually custom made, as no color was available like that.;)

Here is the original...in case you forgot:p:
(dead link)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

^ too late!!:D I had it sitting on my parents front lawn yesterday, and half the cars going down the street almost had a accident because they were looking! LMAO!

I watched JP last night. Hopefully your x doesn't get stomped by dinosaurs!:p:

But get pictures if it does! :D

YA dude that is totally BA! I can't wait to see what the stickers look like on it you should find a fiberglass guy and make a bubble on the top to (It will help you roll back over faster :) )

So I drove the thing to work today. Everyone in my office knew what I was doing last week, so they wanted to see it. Now remember my office is in Hollywood. I'm only a block from the chinesse theater. So guess who is parked in our parking lot today filming:rolleyes: Universal! :eek: The same studio who made JP.

Did they try and stick you with copyright violations to try and make up for all of their pirated movies?

You should have that onboard camera of yours filming the faces of everyone around you. I would have loved to see the faces on the universal crew as well. They probably never expected to see another JP explorer after the movies came out.

Guess what the nice DHL man dropped off today!!! :D :bounce:

WE HAVE DECALS!!!!:thumbsup:

Special thanks to Evan (aka MountaineerGreen ) ;)

When is the install?

I have to do some painting first, needed the decals first though;)

also anyone have ideas? I need a 2 digit number for the quater pannels?

04 and 05 were on the original explorers

and 12 and 14 were on the jeeps

Gretzky?:p:

I was think 07 for luck. :rolleyes: or just do 13 cause it's doomed already! :p:

and no I'm not doing 69 people:rolleyes: But I was thinking 86 too..:D

I can make whatever numbers you want, drop em in an envelope no problem-

Thanks I think I'm just going to paint them on... not sure yet..they need to be red I think like the top.

Lucky #07
awsome truck man...... i remember when that movie came out... that was my first love for explorers...... i was pissed when they used those Mercedes ML320's in the second one ...they should have had some gen 2 explorers!!!!
Awsome truck though!!

Back