Keeper's 2000 Sport. | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Keeper's 2000 Sport.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Howdy ladies and Gentlemen, I'm pretty knew to the forum, and an even newer Elite Explorer. Seeing as I'm Elite now, I've got to have a registry.

I picked up my Ex shortly after I came home from Iraq last year, when I bought her, she had about 91,x.. miles on the odometer. The Ex was my first vehicle, and at first there were quite a few issues with it. Had to replace spark plugs, wires, battery, the battery tray. After working this out, she ran like a dream. As you look at the pictures you'll notice all the different color panels, and them not lining up quite right. This happened due to an accident, bent the inner fender and radiator support a bit...er...a lot...ish. But she still runs great, and I think it adds quite a bit of character to the Ex.

Specs:

2000 Ford Explorer Sport, 4.0 SOHC 2wd(unfortuntly)with 102,x.. miles on it.

Interior:
  • Alpine CDE-102 installed.
  • Under dash lights. (Red)
  • Cobra 19 Ultra III CB. (Got it from a family friend for $10, can't beat that.)
  • 5lbs fire extinguisher mounted in back.

Engine/Suspension.
  • AEM Cold Air Intake.
  • 4.6L Ford Racing Throttle body.
  • JBA Spark plug wires.
  • All synthetic fluids.
  • Installed Rancho RS5000's all around.

Exterior
  • Aftermarket tail lights.
  • Removed side steps for that little bit extra clearance.

I'm in the process of straightening out my bumper mounting bracket.

Future Mods.
  • Bull Bar/Brush Guard.
  • 31" BFG.
  • TT.
  • 4dr Leaf springs.
  • Shackle lift (looking into some Warrior 153)

100_0567.jpg

100_0568.jpg

100_0569.jpg

100_0570.jpg

And some sorta half-assed flexed pictures.

100_0571.jpg

100_0572.jpg

I'm also looking for a name for her. Ideas?

Thanks for taking the time to look at my Registry. Any comments, criticisms, ideas and tips are welcome.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Be sure to post up some pics of the lifted rig!!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

After much grinding, drilling, a few hours of frustration and a mild sun burn, I've got my bumper on. Pictures of the progress should be up Sunday night.

Story to go with it as well. As I'm working on my Ex in my parents driveway, I hear a loud noise, and see the top of a palm tree snap off. I cross the cul-de-sac go through the back yard of an unoccupied home, and peak over the back wall. I see a Chevy Silverado smashed up against the tree, air bags deployed, and I don't see a driver. I call for my older brother, and his friend and we hop the wall. We get to the car and find the driver unconscious and bleed, his ass is in the driver seat, and his torso is in the back with an unsecured sub box on top of him(wasn't wearing a seat belt). He comes to and I start talking to him as my bro's friend calls 911. The driver (mid 20's) is bleeding from the mouth and nose can't focus on me, doesn't remember what happened, and looked to have some serious head injuries, as he had clear fluid leaking from his ears. I do my best to keep him calm and in place, and within five minutes PD, FD, and paramedics arrive and take over.

WOW! Fire dept, and paramedics good response time. Must have been that Outstanding Marine Corps training to remain calm in emergency. Semper Fi, Brian

Must admit I'm partial to your MOS. I was at Camp Pendelton in 1968, Hotel 2/27 27th Marines. Where are you stationed at?

I'm not familiar with it, maybe after my time.

main_divide_101710_029.jpg

main_divide_101710_030.jpg

main_divide_101710_032.jpg

main_divide_101710_035.jpg

main_divide_101710_033.jpg

Coming home from the Main Divide road in the Ortega Highway my Ex's ass end started sliding out, I attempted to correct, almost brought it back under control, and the rear end slide back out and I hit the wall. The pictures pretty say it all.

On a slightly funny note, the responding CHP officer was a Drill Instructor at MCRD SD when I was a recruit, and knew my Senior Drill Instructor.

WOW! that sucks. Are you O.K.?

I'm alright. All the safety equipment functioned perfectly. Came away with some cuts on my left ear and neck, cuts on my palms. Bruised shoulder and waist, and a sore neck.

Man, that sucks. :( Glad you're ok!!

Are you going to replace 'er with another one?

Man, that sucks. :( Glad you're ok!!

Are you going to replace 'er with another one?

That's the plan. Right now I'm looking at this 2000 XLT 4x4. I've got $2,000 need another $2,000. Waiting for my various checks to come in, and selling some crap on ebay.

I may be starting a donation thread. User who donate could get their user names stenciled somewhere on the truck or something...

Holy crap! :eek: Glad you're OK. :thumbsup: I've been on the Ortega Highway many times. I used to take it all the time with my Mustang (fun, fun, fun) when I was going from El Toro to my buddy's house in Temecula. That could have been real, real bad.

You thought I was kidding when I said that God loves a rifleman!

Holy crap! :eek: Glad you're OK. :thumbsup: I've been on the Ortega Highway many times. I used to take it all the time with my Mustang (fun, fun, fun) when I was going from El Toro to my buddy's house in Temecula. That could have been real, real bad.

You thought I was kidding when I said that God loves a rifleman!

Seriously:thumbsup:

Wow man.....That sucks for that to of happened glad you made it out alive with only a few bruises.....I see Tbars was at the scene with you. Sorry to hear the accident it sucks to have one and to also lose a friend (truck).

Nice!!!

That's a nice looking Explorer your looking at. Hope it works out for you.

Wow man.....That sucks for that to of happened glad you made it out alive with only a few bruises.....I see Tbars was at the scene with you.
That's the way I've been looking at it.

Sorry to hear the accident it sucks to have one and to also lose a friend (truck).
That it does, she was the first car I've bought myself, and I got quite attached to her. If I do get the second gen I'm looking at, I want to find a way to incorporate some parts from the old Ex into the new one.

Goodluck and hope everything works out for you.

If all goes well, when do you think you will have that 2000 Explorer? Is it Black?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back