Keeper's Explorer. Take two. | Page 7 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Keeper's Explorer. Take two.

Welcome to my new registry. This is my 2000 Explorer XLT. Bought it from the original owner for $3,400. Came with the owners manual, and the paper work to prove it's been dealer maintained. When I purchased the Ex, it had 111,000 on the odometer, a small tear in the leather of the drivers seat, some sand in the back( take it the guy was a surfer, found a few surf board fins in the jack storage area). Gonna do a alignment when I get the chance, and start transferring all my mods from my Sport into this.

As she stands when I brought her home.

101_1666.jpg

101_1667.jpg

101_1668.jpg

101_1669.jpg

101_1670.jpg

How she currently stands.
102_0769.jpg

04/07/11

Current Mods:

Interior:

Exterior:

Lighting:
  • Sylvania Silverstars for the headlights.
  • x2 Hella 500 driving lights.
  • Fog light/ High beam mod.
  • LED Puddle lights, license plate lights.

Engine:4.0L SOHC

Suspension and Brakes

Drive Train

Projects for the future:
  • Quick disconnects for front and rear sway bar.
  • Possibly LS up front.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just put the Warrior 153's on. Didn't take to long, about an hour and a half, most of that spent on the driver's side OEM shackle. Once I got a hang of things, everything went really quick. Came out with a few cuts on the hands, bruised knuckles, and little cut on my forehead.

After letting it settle for a bit, I got about an 1 1/2" of lift on the rear. Now the rear sits pretty much level with the front end.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

So you ended up keeping the wrecked one? what's the plans for it?

I do still have the wrecked Sport. Once I get all the stuff I want out of it, I'm thinking of parting out the little stuff. And selling the rest of her as a parts truck.

And here's a few pictures from Truckhaven.

DSC07201.jpg

DSC07204.jpg

ThavenJan2011.jpg

DSC07103.jpg

DSC06861.jpg

I'm pretty pleased with the way she handled for being mostly stock. I had a great time, and didn't break anything (an important part I think). The run also motivated me to finally get the Warrior shackles into place, and start collecting everything I need to make the quick disconnects for the sway bars.

Good call on the quick disco end links. I keep blowing bushings out on my end links from going off road. I just had to put one new one on to pass inspection. Once its warm out I'm going to fab some disco's w/ poly bushings in the spring. The ones for the rear are pretty easy to make as well. Looks like you had fun wheelin' though. It's too damn cold here to do that.

Good call on the quick disco end links. I keep blowing bushings out on my end links from going off road. I just had to put one new one on to pass inspection. Once its warm out I'm going to fab some disco's w/ poly bushings in the spring. The ones for the rear are pretty easy to make as well. Looks like you had fun wheelin' though. It's too damn cold here to do that.

The rear ones do indeed look pretty easy, probably knock those out in the next week or so. I haven't really been able to find anything on decent front disco's. Eventually everything will get poly bushings too.

Looks like your stocker did quite well out there.

Looks like your stocker did quite well out there.

I think so. I couldn't tackle some of the bigger stuff, party because of the limitations of the Ex, and partly cause my own confidence level. I've never wheeled in a place like that in my own ride. Always belong to the Corps.

The pics are great. Looks like you had a blast! :salute:

You looked like a "VETERAN" out there instead of your first time. I'm glade nothing broke. That just takes the fun out of it. Nice pictures.

A little update. I've got a of a set of Sylvania Silverstar to replace the OEM bulbs, along with a set of Hella 500's in the mail.

And the airbox mod.

My initial attempt: Pretty much garbage.

100_0733.jpg

No idea why this picture is tinted green.

My final product: I think it's pretty good.

100_0731.jpg

I'm in the market for a rear Diff cover. I'm looking for something that won't break the bank. So far I've found this. Not to familiar with the manufacture.

Any recommendations or suggestions?

Solid is just about the same thing as RockCrusher. I love my RockCrusher cover. Thats a good price for that Solid cover, I say you will be very pleased with it..Go for it! :)

Awesome, there's an option to purchase a Lube Locker gasket, like before no real experience in this area. Should I stick with the normal silicone sealant, or is it worth the extra $20?

I remove mine too much to change fluids from wheeling through water to bother with one of them fancy gaskets.....lol

That's all FUFU to me. Good old RTV works great IMO.

Awesome, there's an option to purchase a Lube Locker gasket, like before no real experience in this area. Should I stick with the normal silicone sealant, or is it worth the extra $20?

I just use grey rtv, and works for me no problem :dunno:

Back