Moab 2007 May 19-20 Chat Thread | Page 7 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Moab 2007 May 19-20 Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newb

This newbie is seriously considering. Just had aal & tt w/31's pit on Oct. Did some trail riding here in the Vail area, but no rock crawling yet. Just need to get a CB and tow hooks installed then see if I can get away from work. Have been dreaming of Moab ever since I got the X back in July.

IMG_0025.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Perfect!! Depending on your skill and if you have a locker/sliders/armor... it'd be nice to run with you on whatever the stock/modifidied or pro-stock runs they set up in Moab. Shoot!!! You're closer than I am... I finally made the Moab run last year and you WON'T be disappointed. Also if you can keep up with the 'Colorado Contingents' sub-board for threads about our 'Post-Moab CO. Run' soon to be determined location (probably the Salida/Buena Vista area) to occur in Late in June or late July.

Completely new to wheeling. No lockers, sliders or such ... yet.:) I do have the factory 3.73 LSD though.

Cool... the L/S will get through just fine (till you get a 'big-dog bug' or something else! :) ) I'll look forward to meeting up with you. I am going budget as far as accomodations so let me let where you're planning to stay at and/or if you'll be camping let me know (regarding my earlier inquisitive post re: a large group site for some of us). I'm hoping on a locker in time either way I will be on the 'modified' run or whatever.

If I'm able to make it, I'll definately be camping. Should the worst happen and I can't go I definately will do the Contingent Post-Run.:thumbsup:

Cool... we'll look forward to seeing you :thumbsup:

I will have a wife coming along. And we will be camping. So if there is a group camping together, we'd be ok with that. I like Lion's Back Campground, they are pretty cheap and have showers, but I'm down with whatever.

Who are the SoCal guys that are going out this year? Since Kevin is thinking of backing out to do Rubicon possibly with Tom and hopefully myself when I get back, I'm was wondering if one of the SoCal guys could pick up a bumper from MoabB2 while you're down there. I could then pick it up from you on my way down to either Rubicon or when I move down to San Diego in around July.

Who are the SoCal guys that are going out this year? I'm was wondering if one of the SoCal guys could pick up a bumper from MoabB2 while you're down there. I could then pick it up from you on my way down to either Rubicon or when I move down to San Diego in around July.

I'm sure that won't be a problem for any of us that are going. I'm trying my hardest to make it and if I do, then I'll grab the bumper for you.

im coming in my new bronco! lil sad that ninja couldn't make it but the new truck will earn her stripes at moab...its LS right now but im thinking of gettin a locker...the cb got hurt in the crash so i need to fix it...lotta work started already and still alot to get done....wish me luck!

im coming in my new bronco! lil sad that ninja couldn't make it but the new truck will earn her stripes at moab...its LS right now but im thinking of gettin a locker...the cb got hurt in the crash so i need to fix it...lotta work started already and still alot to get done....wish me luck!

Why are you here typing? GET TO WORK ON THAT NEW TRUCK ALREADY!! :D ;)

I HAVE!!! I just need money and I still need to get plates and register it and everything.....

lift and tires already done, sound system done....
and bumper nearly done....

plus I have to go to court cause there is a bench warrent out for me b/c i couldnt make my first courtdate cause i was in NJ.....stupid courts!

My wife is going to be there. Still haven't found out when my sister is getting married. That may change the plans though.

Tim

It's Official...

Well I am definitely going. My wife and I have our vacation approved and have found a family member willing to watch our kids over that weekend. So I will be there with the X-ploder. Looking forward to seeing you all.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Me too. I signed up today. Co-pilot will be Ralph my cousin. We arrive Thursday and leave Monday. We'll be staying at the KOA in town. Looking foward to it. :bounce: :bounce:

I've upgraded to a maybe now. They're scheduling more flights for us so I might be able to make it.

When does everyone plan on showing up?

It seemed like last year most people were there a few days before. I'm just wondering if I should plan to get off work during the week or just show up Friday night.

I should be arriving at Moab between 2 and 4p.m. on Friday...
I should be departing on Sunday night...:salute:

Runs on Friday huh? I may get there on Thursday instead then.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ok, if there are runs on Friday then that may persuade me to get into town earlier. Sounds good to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back