Moab 2006 Chat Thread | Page 34 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Moab 2006 Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jefe said:
Put me down for 1 for dinner. . .not sure how many for my brother and kids though.
"ditto" - put me down for dinner -still don't know for sure how many boys I will have with me (one, two, or three) - and last time they voted for pizza instead of the dinner

Come on, Stic-O!! I did my SAS in one weekend! :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Positive Vibes said:
Gerald, if I'm there early enough Fri I would be into running Steel Bender with you. What time you plan on starting the trail?

Derrick that will be my first morning there and my biological clock will still be on Eastern Time. How does 6 am sound? :D

J/K, I expect most everyone will be there Friday meeting at the City Market at the normal time 8:00 - 8:30 am and leaving wherever people decide to go, so I'm just planning on being at the City Mkt sometime around then and leaving at 9 or 9:30. When is your ETA? I'll be happy to wait for you as long as it's not too late. :thumbsup:

Hey Gerald, I think I'd like to do Steelbender with you on Friday. I haven't done it, and sounds fun. How close to town is it, and how long to run it? Would I have time to squeeze in Fins and Things the same day? Or would F+N be suitable as a full moon Friday nite run?

Saturday, I am leaning towards Behind the Rocks with Jefe's group, I haven't done that one yet, either. :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: Bill that would be great. I'm going to guess that Steelbender is about a six hour trail with the new loop. If the group is small and capable we'll do it quicker; if a lot go, then you know how that always adds time. We had a very large group one year and spent all day on it; probably eight hours.

The thing about Fins N' Things is that you can run it as long as you want to and if it gets late or you decide to quit, there's several spots where you can bail off the trail and head home. Wow, doing it at night would be a rush. It's already scary with the rollercoaster-style climbs where you cannot see anything but the sky in front of you - doing it in the moonlight would be really creepy. I like it :D If you're serious about it, I'd better get my Moab Brewery time in Thursday night instead of Friday :chug:

You'll like Behind the Rocks - you've got the wheelbase to take on White Knuckle Hill and still not mess up your shorts ;)

HEYY!! im new to this site. i have a 96' exploder and i live in salt lake, is there any way i can come down and just hang out. maybe ride passenger?!

Gerald, I'd love to join you on Steelbender again.

Bill, I think F&T would make a FUN night run!

Brother_of_Jefe said:
Come on, Stic-O!! I did my SAS in one weekend! :D

and last time I checked Wranglers come with a Solid axle, and I happen to know from a very good sorce ;) that the 30 and 44 have the same mounts. I know Jefe's didn't take no weekend. Although it would be a lot easier if my project wasn't 15 miles away, which we all know in LA traffic (after work) equals a 45-60 min drive :(

Stic-o said:
and last time I checked Wranglers come with a Solid axle, and I happen to know from a very good sorce ;) that the 30 and 44 have the same mounts. I know Jefe's didn't take no weekend. Although it would be a lot easier if my project wasn't 15 miles away, which we all know in LA traffic (after work) equals a 45-60 min drive :(

agreed that 210 fwy is really becoming a PITA to drive these days, almost faster on the surface streets these days.

I'm guessing I have a 5 hour drive from Denver (6 if I get to chase TwoTone's slow ass thru the mountains :D) and I'll probably be leaving around 3ish... where you guys gonna be around 8-9pm??

Tilt168 can't make it, btw.. some ROTC initiation thing he has to do apparently ("THANK YOU, sir, may I have another?") so it's just pesky lil' ol' me. My new Nikon's got space for hundreds of high res pictures, you guys just try not to run me over while I'm taking them, ok?

DiffWhack, I was waiting for some iggernent comment from you on what to expect from sleeping in the same hotel room as me :p :D

*Bows down to Gerald* You rule, man, you rule! I can still taste how good those things are even after 3 years :D

John and I will likely run Hells Revenge on Thursday after we get into town in the afternoon. Its becoming a tradition. I'll try not to get stuck in the escalator this time. ;)

Friday, I think Steelbender would be a fun "easy" run. Its been a long time since I've run it. I do count as a Superstock right Gerald? :D

Fins and things for the night run sounds like a blast. :cool:

Oooohhh..... Friday is gonna shape up to be real fun, I can already tell :bounce:

Bill's never even been on Steelbender yet (has Derrick?), Jefe probably can pass for at least a superstock now ;) , I won't need John's help this time to spot me on that one obstacle :D since we'll be going up [not down] it, and Mike sure turned out to be a big help last time I ran Steelbender :thumbsup: so of course I want him along again.

offroadingbabe of course you can join, come on out. Someone's gonna have a spare seat or three.

cybergasm said:
agreed that 210 fwy is really becoming a PITA to drive these days, almost faster on the surface streets these days.

Need more of them May 1st to help clean out that LA traffic.

Spas said:
where you guys gonna be around 8-9pm??

thursday night probably Moab brewery eating dinner. On friday we will be getting ready to hit the night run so we will probably be at the parking lot of the super market. Just look for the group of explorers in town. Afterall town is only about 3/4 of a mile long.

Im up for whatever either any day! Ill look for you guys friday morning and night.

I'm up for steelbender friday and finsnthings friday night. I wanna get as much wheelin in as possiable considering I'll be driving 2200 miles round trip.

Spas said:
*Bows down to Gerald* You rule, man, you rule! I can still taste how good those things are even after 3 years :D

LOL - you just gave me an idea on how to offset a little of the $900+ gas money :eek: it's gonna take me to do this trip. Hmmm.... "come to the Canyonlands Campground cabins for breakfast Sunday morning and fill up on Dollar Huevos Rancheros" :D

GJarrett said:
"come to the Canyonlands Campground cabins for breakfast Sunday morning and fill up on Dollar Huevos Rancheros" :D
I don't know but those things sound like they are "HOT"?!?!??! :eek:

RockRanger said:
Need more of them May 1st to help clean out that LA traffic.

agreed that was nice day

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I may or may not have a chence to get online again, before I leave thursday morning, I have a few cell #'s from last year, Brewery thurs night sounds good! I will just do like everyone else has said or been told, cruise around and look for the EX's I can't wait, if anyone wants to give me a call it is 719-989-0796, see yall there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back