Moab 2008 Pics and Videos | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Moab 2008 Pics and Videos

...awww, I thought I had seen the rig before but I knew I hadn't met him..I hope his tranny is still intact and just spit out some fluid...

...Thanks for posting the pics, I'm all better now..at least until tomorrow.:D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

There's still about 50 more files uploading.

...Did you get the totem pole, camp fire built before you started uploading???..

...You are going to be up all night and ready for breakfast by the time you get done, but we greatly appreciate it...:salute:

Man looks like you guys had a crowd watching you play!

33 pages of pics? Is that all you got?!? :rolleyes:

:p: :D

I hope your dinner went well last night. Pics look great. It looks like you've been having a blast:thumbsup:

Man I wish I never sold the Goblin. I am deffinately buying another rig after I move to Illinois.

Great photos. Wish I was there.

Just got home an hour ago, what a fun weekend! I got beat by Rose Garden Hill and had to be winched up the ledge by Kevin (thanks again :thumbsup: ). Saturday I led Chad (Chad551), Josh (Goliath), Jeff (FlyBoyCoe) and Tom (Fakrwee) on 3D which is a seried of trails linked together (Sevenmile Rim, Tusher Tunnel, Hidden Canyon Overlook and Bartlett Overlook). Poor navigational skills and maps that don't specify many of the available routes caused us a few side trips and made for a long day, but it turned out ok (IMHO). Dinner was decent and hanging out around the campfire with two sailors, one flyboy and an ex marine (plus a few of us crazy civilians) made for a excellent way to end the day. :chug:
This morning a few of us hit Fins-n-Things for a quick fun trail. After Fins I bailed and came home. I have a ton of pics to edit and upload so stay tuned.

Great pics Show!

Ken's explorer looks really familiar... is that ssdd's old one?

Nope, he picked it up for $500 w/ a bad tranny, picked up another with a bad motor and good tranny for another $500, and then the tried and true late 70's f-150 running gear got slapped underneath it.

He spent thousands less than I did and went everywhere that I did.:confused:

Cool, looking forward to seeing your pics Mike! 3D is a hard trail system to navigate. You guys didnt go into hidden canyon at all? That is a fun one with some steep descents and then the climb back out. I still need to do Bartlett Overlook again, I have a score to settle with that ledge!

Since JTX and I couldnt make Moab this year we took my Jeep out today for some fun on an extreme trail outside of ABQ, we couldnt let you guys have all the fun!

Thought of ya'll today as I vacuumed Moab dust out of my Mounty. Yup- it's still dusty even after repeated cleanings. Still missed getting to go, but $$ just wasn't available. :(

Chad551- lets see some pictures! I want to see your ST.

Wow poor EB, thats what happens when you put a Chevy V8 and leafs into an early bronco, potato salad spits you out.

Glad nobody was hurt! Thats alot of carnage for 1 weekend.....

I made it home, pics to come later. Definitely one of the best wheeling trips I've ever been on.

I stayed pretty calm this trip, my tranny has an issue at an extreme uphill angle that it loses fluid pickup and will jump out of gear, load up and jump back in. Not something I want to deal with while on slickrock with a long way to the bottom but none the less I ran the entire trail and only skipped the 2 big obstacles on Hells Revenge.

Really the tranny pickup and adding my brake proportioning valve are just 2 small items to address prior to my next trip that I'm already looking forward to.

Moab was everything I could have wanted it to be, it was great meeting all the new guys and great seeing all the old wheelin friends again. Thanks again to all those who helped with the trail leads, spotting, extra seats for my passengers, planning dinner and helping the recovery of my rollover (of my pitcher of beer at dinner).

Rick, it's really too bad you couldn't make it, let's go up North and run a trail in AZ in the next few weeks (Broken arrow or something) if you need a wheelin fix, ExplorinNJ is moving to AZ as we speak so we need to break him in.

I stayed pretty calm this trip, my tranny has an issue at an extreme uphill angle that it loses fluid pickup and will jump out of gear, load up and jump back in. Not something I want to deal with while on slickrock with a long way to the bottom but none the less I ran the entire trail and only skipped the 2 big obstacles on Hells Revenge.

Danny! I had that exact same issue with my old A4LD
do you have the stock pan or aftermarket?

I was on Launching pad, 3/4 the way up 3 times when my trans did this.....backing down that sucker is NOT FUN! Took additional 3 quarts of ATF and 3500 rpm to get me up and over that obstacle.... my A4LD was fitted with an aftermarket aluminum pan....it would suck air on extreme climbs... never did get it fixed 100%....but what we did try was to cut the 4x4 filter a bit closer to the bottom of the aftermarket pan, I used putty to find the correct dimension. This is the whole reason your factory 4x4 trans pans have that sump in the bottom, so hopefully it never has to suck air...

Yeah, my C5 has a B&M pan, I need to become more familiar with it. Also I was timid because my rear brakes went out on me. Brand new pads less than 1,000 miles ago but since I don't have my proportioning valve on they wore down to metal and I had a soft pedal. I'll probably be buying new rotors from this, but I wasn't about to not wheel Hells Revenge just because of a little brake issue. I'm just mad because I packed so many spare parts but the rear pads I had at home in the "other" storage container.

In other crazy Moab news, I met Kevin from Kevinsoffroad.com at the gas station heading out of town. I started chatting with him because he had AZ plates, turns out to be a really nice guy. His group had found a small airplane that had crashed near a trail within a couple of hours, a couple dead bodies still strapped in. They had to contact authorities!!! I tried looking this up in the Moab news site but can't find anything. Talk about an adventure.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back