Moab 2013 - May 10-12 | Page 12 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Moab 2013 - May 10-12

Which weekend is best? (May 10-12 is best for me)

• Weekend of May 10-12

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • Weekend of May 17-20

Votes: 4 36.4%

• Total voters
Anyone got spare parts for an FJ Cruiser? :p:

I understand the want to feel your covered with spare parts, but honestly you can bring an entire spare rig, and the part you need won't be there.

Any small / simple part can be bought in town new. Just worry about major items, or hard to find parts.Don't over look the simple stuff like a hub, belt , thermostat or a u-joint.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Simple isnt always cheap especially when they know there that your in a bind and they will charge what they want......if you have spares of the small simple stuff that you have room to bring then why not? But thats just my opinion.

I just picked up a new upper and lower balljoint,L&R tierod ends,upper and lower rad hoses for spares from rockauto.....$61 shipped,cheap enough. All of my ujoints,bearings,tranny,etc are less then 5 years old but the balljoints and what not are 94 vintage.:D

I agree with Gman for the most part. It's very,very unlikely that a radius arm or RA bracket crossmember will go bad but RA bushings and steering linkage (idler arm etc) can easily get bent.

No sway bar either

A spindle and rotor could be a good thing. A burnt bearing will weld the rotor to the spindle but the spindle can be removed even with the rotor still on it.

I'll add that to the list of stuff we take off the Ghost.

We are leaving the 5th getting there wednesday the 8th and leaving monday the 13th,we are goofing off on the way home as we don't have to be back for another 6 days on the 19th.:D My email is safn1949@gmail.com if you want to get hold of me.

I dont think im gonna be able to drive out there with you. My girlfriend cant leave until the 7th, and i have to be back at work on the 16th. that leaves me just enough time to get there and get back. I should be there mid afternoon on the 9th. kinda frustrating that a 22hr drive is gonna take 3 days, but with a 6yo we will have to make a lot of pit stops

I'm just saying,... While being prepared is a good thing, don't worry too much about it. Bring some parts you think your rig might give up out on the trails to give you peace of mind, if something goes wrong outside of that, we will deal with it as a group.

In other words, focus on enjoying yourselves and the time you have out there, & not so much on the what if's.

No trailer= easy on the skinny pedal. ;)

All i plan on bringing as far as spare parts it TRE's and cv axles. My last axle break was just off idle, so im a little nervous about that lol

I'm just saying,... While being prepared is a good thing, don't worry too much about it. Bring some parts you think your rig might give up out on the trails to give you peace of mind, if something goes wrong outside of that, we will deal with it as a group.

In other words, focus on enjoying yourselves and the time you have out there, & not so much on the what if's.

No trailer= easy on the skinny pedal. ;)

Well said I agree.....

I dont think im gonna be able to drive out there with you. My girlfriend cant leave until the 7th, and i have to be back at work on the 16th. that leaves me just enough time to get there and get back. I should be there mid afternoon on the 9th. kinda frustrating that a 22hr drive is gonna take 3 days, but with a 6yo we will have to make a lot of pit stops

Email me and I will give you my phone # just in case something on your end goes wrong,hate to see you stranded with the little one.:D

A group of us from Washington will be arriving on 5th.

Im planning on being there mid day on the 9th, but not sure if ill be up for a trail ride after 3 days of driving

We will be spending the 9th in Arches National Park. Actually going to hike the long trails to get up close to the Arches. :eek:

Since we are going to be split up into 2 groups, I would like to discuss the trails we will run ahead of time. According to the group rules of the Parks system, this is not something we can do publicly.

Can we get a list of the 2 groups going, with the members for each?

Big Dawgs group:

Stocker group:

Maybe we can PM each other to discuss the trails ahead of time? Correct me if I am wrong about all this please. Thanks! :)

Im gonna go with the stockers. Im a little big for that group i think, but im a little small to be a big dog, and lack of experience means i need to start small

Participant list update

Diff Whack Daddy - Explorer ---- Kokopelli Suites -- Arriving May 5th ---- Big Dog------------- 1 for dinner
Albino 94LTD ------ Explorer ---- Kokopelli Suite --- Arriving May 5th ---- Big Pack Dog ------- 1 for dinner
Jrgaylor ----------- BII --------- Adventure Inn --- Arriving May 5th ---- Big Dog ------------ 1 for dinner
Toyota Jon -------- Toyota ----- Adventure Inn--- Arriving May 5th ----- Big Dog ----------- 1 for dinner
James T ---------- Explorer ---- Canyonlands ----- Arriving May 8th? ---- Big Dog ----------- 2 for dinner?
Adamsbro2 ------- Explorer ----- Canyonlands ----- Arriving May 8th ----- Big Dog ----------- 6 for dinner
Rick -------------- Explorer ----- Canyonlands?---- Arriving May 9th------ Lead Big Dog ------ 2 for dinner
MrQ -------------- Explorer ----- ? --------------- ? -------------------- Pack Dog?
Safn1949 --------- Explorer ----- Hotel ----------- Arriving May 8th ----- Pack Dog ---------- 2 for dinner
Kris Guilbeaux ----- Mountaineer - KOA ------------ ? -------------------- ?
MoabB2 ----------- BII --------- Canyonlands------ Arriving late may 9th- Big Dog
GJarrett ---------- Explorer ----- Silver Sage Inn --- Arriving May 8th----- Big Pack Dog
Randall ----------- Explorer ----- KOA -------------- Arriving May 8th---- Big Dog? ------------ 4-5 for dinner
offroader_69_me -- Explorer ----- ? ---------------- ? ------------------- Big Dog
Mrboyle -----------Toyota ------ ? ----------------- ? ------------------ Big Dog
Birdy ------------- Explorer ----- KOA -------------- ? ------------------ Big Dog
NICEFORD59 ------ Explorer ----- KOA -------------- ? ------------------ Pack Dog?
Gmanpaint -------- FJ ---------- Big Horn Lodge ---- Arriving May 8th ---- Pack Dog ---------- 2 for dinner?
Turdle ------------Mountaineer - Up the Creek CG- - ? ------------------ Scrawny Pack Dog -- 1 or 2 for dinner
NHarris ----------- J**p -------- Adventure Inn----- Arriving May 9th ---- Pack Dog
rickybobby -------- Exporer ----- Canyonlands------- Arriving May 9th ---- Scrawny Pack Dog
Suicide77 --------- Explorer ------Hotel-Camping----- Arriving May 8th---- Pack Dog ---------- 2 for dinner
Jjaganashi--------- Ranger--------no clue where im stayin ? -------------- Big Dog
Benji-Man --------- Explorer ----- Big Horn Lodge ---- Arriving May 9th --- Scrawny Pack Dog - 2 for dinner?
Paul -------------- Explorer Sport Canyonlands -------Arriving May 9th --- - Big Pack Dog ------ 2 for dinner

Maybe;
duckhuntinkid - Explorer -
mojavexploder - Explorer -
Brian1 - Explorer -
JTX - Explorer -
offroadkc - Cheby - Canyonlands - Pack Dog?

If I got something wrong, sorry, correct me ;)

Big Dog = locked and 35's or bigger
Big Pack Dog= 33's and locked
Pack Dog = 31's or bigger, maybe locked on one end
Puppy Dog= Stock with good working LS

Diff Whack Daddy - Explorer ---- Kokopelli Suites -- Arriving May 5th ---- Big Dog
Albino 94LTD ------ Explorer ---- Kokopelli Suite --- Arriving May 5th ----- Pack Dog
Jrgaylor ----------- BII --------- Adventure Inn -- Arriving May 5th ----- Big Dog
Toyota Jon -------- Toyota ----- ? --------------- Arriving May 5th ----- Big Dog
James T ---------- Explorer ---- Canyonlands ---- Arriving May 8th? ---- Big Dog
Adamsbro2 ------- Explorer ----- Canyonlands ----- Arriving May 8th ----- Big Dog
Rick -------------- Explorer ----- Canyonlands?---- ? -------------------- Lead Big Dog
MrQ -------------- Explorer ----- ? --------------- ? -------------------- Pack Dog?
Safn1949 --------- Explorer ----- Hotel ----------- Arriving May 8th ----- Pack Dog
Kris Guilbeaux ----- Mountaineer - KOA ------------ ? -------------------- ?
MoabB2 ----------- BII --------- ? ---------------- ? ------------------- Big Dog
GJarrett ---------- Explorer ----- ? ---------------- ? ------------------- Big Dog?
Randall ----------- Explorer ----- KOA -------------- Arriving May 8th---- Big Dog?
offroader_69_me -- Explorer ----- ? --------------- ? -------------------- Big Dog
Mrboyle -----------Toyota ------ ? --------------- ? -------------------- Big Dog
Birdy ------------- Explorer ----- KOA ------------ ? -------------------- Big Dog
NICEFORD59 ------ Explorer ----- KOA ------------- ? ------------------- Pack Dog?
Gmanpaint -------- FJ ---------- Big Horn Lodge ---- Arriving May 8th ---- Stock Pack Dog
Turdle -Moutnaineer - YES YOU ARE GOING - ----------------------------- Pack Dog or Puppy Dog?
NHarris ----------- J**p -------- Hotel? ------------ Arriving May 9th ---- Pack Dog?
rickybobby -------- Exporer ----- ? ----------------- Arriving May 9th ---- Pack Dog

Maybe;
duckhuntinkid - Explorer -
mojavexploder - Explorer -
Brian1 - Explorer -
Paul - Explorer Sport
JTX - Explorer -
Suicide77 - Explorer
offroadkc - Cheby - Canyonlands - Pack Dog?

If I got something wrong, sorry, correct me ;)

Ill be staying at canyonlands, and what exactly is a "pack dog"?

If john can make it he will be with me at the adventure inn

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I will probably stay at the KOA or Oasis Campground since the cabins are half price of hotel rooms. Im running a 3" lift on 32s. I probably won't have lockers by that time but that's not an issue

Back