MOAB EXPLORER EXTRAVAGANZA 2001 | Page 26 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

MOAB EXPLORER EXTRAVAGANZA 2001

Once again, since I'm out of the picture here, I'd like to offer my room at Silver Sage Motel....... anyone without a room?? let me know, I haven't canceled yet!!!

Later,

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

O crud!! I wanted to go on the 3-D run on Saturday. I guess I always wanted to see Canada!! Or??? I wonder who's leading the Top of The World run??

Alec.....please rember......I can only go about 150 miles TOPS before I run out of gas. :)

Lee, and everyone else, I promise to try to figure this out this weekend. I suggested that Alec run with Peter Friday and then lead Saturday. Someone running with him Saturday can lead Sunday. I think Alec doesn't care whether he leads Saturday or Sunday as long as can run Top of the World the other day. I believe the Top of the World run will only be on Saturday and Sunday. I'll crank the stocker trailboss thread back up this weekened and we'll get all this worked out. All of you need to be able to do what you want to.

Well I got my guide book the other day and looked through it. Looks like some fun! I also got my CO2 tank today so now all I have to do is get a regulator and fill it up and I will be able to run air tools and air up my tires. Looking foward to the trip!

Well I hope you guys didn't scratch me off the list because I'm going!!!

after coming back from Superlift's run in Attica me and my wife decided that we are going to join everybody for some great time in Utah..... My baby went through Badlands with no real damage..... now at least I get an opportunity to get my rear bumper replaced with something better than stock. (lol)

Later,

Well, due to circumstances out of my control, Kel and I will be forgoing the Moab trip. We are preparing for the move to Phoenix, and funds are going to be tight. Hope everyone has a great time, and catch ya' the next time around!!

How does schedule look for trail rides?? I might want to join "Modified" crowd on their adventures.......... if they don't mind. Right now I'm locked front and rear with 4:10 gears, 1.5" body lift, 2" suspension lift plus 1" coil spacers up front and I'm running 33" meats.......... Rick can confirm that I can do some amazing things....... lol.......

Later,
(arriving May 18, leaving May 21.......)

Originally posted by Sinjin
Well, due to circumstances out of my control, Kel and I will be forgoing the Moab trip. We are preparing for the move to Phoenix, and funds are going to be tight. Hope everyone has a great time, and catch ya' the next time around!!

Sorry to hear you guys aren't going to make it. Patrick was really looking forward to seeing you guys again. Now that makes two from the CCR2000 that aren't going. Well we hope to can do the next run in Colorado with us.

We still have a little work to do, but it is getting closer. It will be ready for Moab, but I don't think we will have the truck done, so we will just have to drive the Explorer's.
Here is what the Explorer that mom and dad are going to be driving looks like as of tonight. Only about a month to go, but we will be ready.
Looking forward to meeting everyone!!!

View

View

Well my folks have decided they want to take there dogs so they are going to stay in a cabin that will allow dogs. There room is open if anyone wants to stay at the Silver Sage let me know.

Email me!!

:(

Well folks, it looks like I can't make Moab this year. Many thanks to my employer who decided to change the after-hours on-call schedule and give me Moab weekend to be on call....

I was really looking forward to meeting you all, darn it!

Have a good time and post a lot of pics when you get back!!!!!

JamminG4Jim

What's up with everyone backing out!!

Jim, just tell them you already have plans and there will be a lot of pissed off people if you don't go.
Was looking forward to meeting you and seeing your new ride.

I guess that means more fun for the rest of us.

I tell you..... I don't think we're gonna even hit proposed 50 trucks...... heck, it's OK. Not everybody can make it...... we understand that.

right?
:rolleyes:

well..im still in Perry!! So is Kampy!! cause if he backs out..im gonna kill him...hehe....anyway...its really gonna kill me financially to go..but who can put a price on great wheelin?!?

New Utah Lift Law

I saw this in the June 2001 Petersons 4Wheel and Offroad that I picked up today. If I'm reading it right it applies to all vehiles operated in teh state, not just those liscenced there. I measured mine, and I'm right at 26" to the frame with my 6"lift and 33's. The text of the bill is at

Dead Link Removed

LAST CHANCE!!!

I plan on calling the Silver Sage Weds. if no one wants my folks room. If anyone needs a room, email me and we can change it over to your name.

It's getting closer. WE ARE GETTING EXCITED!!!!!

I just got around to looking at my Moab trailguide book at the 3D trails. It looks like we'll have a lot of fun on those trails and that Splat shouldn't have much of a problem, even with only 2wd. I'm really looking forward to this trip!

Question: Should I get any other maps or guides to help me boss the trails? The book seemed very thorough, but I've never been out there are don't know exactly what it's like. I don't have a GPS and think it might be a pain to flip through bunches of USGS maps. Any other suggestions?

Oh and I guess when we get up there and depending on time restrictions we'll see exactly what trails we want to run as part of the 3D trek. See y'all soon!

Alec

You'll be fine. By going out with me on Friday, the trail will still be fresh in your mind. The thing to do is to remember landmarks at important spots (like when there are various options of which trail to follow). These don't even show on maps or GPS but are more help than any intructions.

You can trust Well's book. All you need is an accurate odometer and then follow the instructions. To make it easier you might want to retype the instructions in large print, one line for each section and tape them to your dash. Easier to read than the narrative in the book.

The trails we'll be on do not require a GPS. A GPS is fine, but you know what, these trails have been used and followed long before GPS was available. Relying too much on technology isn't neccessarily the best way. Something might break and then you're SOL.

See you in MOAB.

Well since nobody e-mailed me for the extra room, I called and cancelled it. 14 DAYS FROM TODAY WE LEAVE!!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I finally got the Moab book and it looks like the trails will be a lot of fun - something for everyone!

Hey Perry, you mentioned your parents were planning on bringing their dogs. Did they see all the warnings in the Wells book about "no dogs allowed" - not even in vehicles?! I just wanted to make sure they saw that.

Heading out in 12 days... :bounce:

Back