MOAB EXPLORER EXTRAVAGANZA 2001 | Page 27 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

MOAB EXPLORER EXTRAVAGANZA 2001

Looks like I won't be going. The truck is ready but I can't afford to go. :(:(:(

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

another one bites the dust :(

Wow Paul, sorry to hear that. And I just got two more cancellations via email. The final group could be only 40 vehicles or so.

But I'M STILL GOING :bounce:

Well it might look like we aren't ready, but we will be there. This is pictures as of today. Dad is going to drive it around this week and then we will paint it later this week or maybe Sunday. If they had to they could take it like it is now.

View

I guess if we took it this way they wouldn't have to worry about scratching it. The roof is all painted so it is just the sides that are left to paint.
We also checked out the four wheel drive and it seems to be working fine.

View

Oh yes I almost forgot, we drove it to lunch and when we got back I noticed antifreeze on the ground, so we lifted the hood and found a crack in the radiator, so that will have to come out tomorrow evening.

Need a roommate to split hotel bill

It is beginning to look like my brother's Explorer will not be fixed in time to come. I was going to split a room with him at the Silver Sage to save money. Is anyone interested in splitting it with me if my brother cannot make it?

Be warned everybody........IT'S GONA BE HOT!! Right now it looks like the temps maybe up towards the 90's while we're on the trails and drop down to around 70 during the night. Looks like the temps are great for us campers. :) Just make sure everybody brings a TON of water and some proper clothes.

8 more days till I leave for moab.....everybody who's getting there before me.....YOU SUCK.

:)

The weather forcast at www.weather.com shows mid 70s for the high and 40s for the low. I hope it stays cool...

I'm gonna have to leave the list for good this time. Founds that were suppose to be there will not make it untill later in the month and I have more needs now.......... sorry, I'm dissapointed. I hope everything goes well for everybody though.

Later guys, sorry I can't make it.

:(

Sorry to hear you can't make it Dre. What did you do with the hotel? Anything?

Also, a question for you guys, I just spoke to a friend from ABQ that wants to meet me there, Haven't seen him for about three years, but we used to wheel together every weekend. Anyway he want's to drive up and run with us on saturday if he can get the time off work, only thing is he's got a Jeep, if it's a problem let me know and he and I can go our own way on saturday. He's been there several times and knows the area fairly well.

Andre, sorry to hear that. We'll miss you (but not near as much as you'll miss us!) :D

Kampy, I don't think we'd disallow anyone from joining us; we're under the group limit of 50 now. I don't care but this is kinda a Ford thing so maybe others might disagree. We could always stick him in back outta camera range ;)

You're signed up as a BigDawg and Saturday's run is Rusty Nail. The kindest description of it that I've heard so far is "brutal". The trailboss prefers a small group because of the difficulty. Is this a built J**p that can handle it?

Originally posted by Kampy

Also, a question for you guys, I just spoke to a friend from ABQ that wants to meet me there, Haven't seen him for about three years, but we used to wheel together every weekend. Anyway he want's to drive up and run with us on saturday if he can get the time off work, only thing is he's got a Jeep, if it's a problem let me know and he and I can go our own way on saturday. He's been there several times and knows the area fairly well.

I wouldn't have any trouble with it Kampy. Only suggestion I would have is we take some paint and put "I WISH I WAS A EXPLORER" on the back of his Jeep.

oh crap, that's next weekend! I better get prepared then eh? :). Well I've got a hotel lined up so I don't need to worry about sleeping stuff, so now just bunch bottled water and a few things of lunchables :).

Matt

Central Market (that's where we meet in the morning) sells sandwiches. That's where I got my lunches last year.

CITY MARKET! Just wanted to let you know.

HIX

Thanks, we wouldn't want people driving all over town looking for a supermarket that doesn't exist just because I can't remember the correct name.

That's what I'm here for Mr Weber. See ya there.

Have we decided on a CB channel yet?

The CB channel is 1.

:bounce: Only four more days before I leave! Cya there! :bounce:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Kampy, I have not called the motel yet.... do you need that reservation?? let me know. As far as missing everybody?? yeah, you're probably right..... I can only squeeze so many runs in a year, short season you know. Work, family, leaisure time....... got to love it.

Have fun you all

:(

Back