Mountainnergreen's Mounty Buildup Worklog | Page 7 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Mountainnergreen's Mounty Buildup Worklog

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Wasn't meant in a mean fashion- I only made 2 sets of MX4 decals, they truly are super limited edition. No offense intended isenegger.

The world is only large enough for 2 MX4's anyway.:D

can u make some for me?

Well, it is you and I forever, Turdle, see once the two MX4 decals were minted, the mold was broken into a thousand tiny pieces and melted down to make metal pipes like they use for stop sign poles in Wal-Mart parking lots. The MX4 can never be again........

Hey Evan, I really like the way your truck looked I am planning on lifting my
'01 ex like how your mounty was. I was just curious if you sold or were wanting to sell the front hitch from your mounty if you dont use it anymore.

-Marc

I think for now I'll save the front hitch, it's not eating anything and makes a nice tow point, we are expecting our 3rd winter "storm" tonight, my wife drives it to and from work 60 miles round trip, it may come in handy.

Ok then, I think I'll look at the one sold by etrailer. Thanks

-Marc

I have some bad news.......

I've been waiting to see the outcome insurance wise, and now that I know, I'm going to share.

The Mountaineer is totaled out. My wife was driving to work, hit an ice patch, knocked over a mailbox, through a ditch, then hit a tree with the driver's side frame horn.

Initially, it looked like just a hood, bumper and grille, but the frame is tweaked. Insurance company paid me for it and I bought it back. I do not plan to rebuild it, I am going to take most of my custom stuff off and sell it to a rebuilder. I have a picture from my phone I'll try to post.

The frame guy at the body shop said without my front hitch the damage would have been much more severe, the extra bracing of my hitch kept the frame from collapsing. It hit hard enough though that it sheared a 1/2 bolt on it, no welds broke :D

It's sad for me, but at least I get to get my goodies off of it. I am going to sell the cold air, sliders, wheels, tires, other odds and ends plus my spare parts. Headers are way too much work to take off at this point, plus I don't have any stock manifolds around.

Wife is now driving a 2009 Edge we got yesterday.

sorry tho here about that man...that was another truck i always looked up too. This snow is just getting ridiculous I feel like im trail riding whenever I leave my damn neighborhood. But I'm glad yall stayed with Ford I like the way the edge looks nice and streamlined

I hope your not done with explorers/mountys

..i feel like an ass for not saying im glad your wife is safe...i'm glad she was in your mounty rather than a smaller car

Sorry to hear about your truck Evan but most importantly glad your wife is alright!

Ah man, I hate to hear this. I always loved your Mounty. Was everyone involved ok?

Evan I'm sorry to hear about that accident, and it's good that your wife is well. Why don't you fix the truck, or do you have another plan?

Glad she's OK, these tough trucks save lives!

Did the airbags go off?

Sure sorry to hear about this Evan:( Glad your wife is ok.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The Mountaineer served us very well for 5 years. I took it from stock to super stock to lifted and back, each form worked well, Amber and I drove it to Moab and back. I did spend a tremendous amount of time and money on it, very little due to need, most due to my obsession.

The good condition of it at the time of the accident contributed to it's good insurance value, according to the adjuster.

It will live on, the rebuilder will have it ready this week, I hope to take a picture and post it before she goes.

We drove a 2009 Eddie Bauer Explorer, it was an OK vehicle, Amber and I both much preferred the Edge, it gets 7 MPG better and is considerably faster. Sadly, I think the Explorer's days are numbered.

I am not going anywhere, I still own a 1991 project Explorer and my household drives two Ford vehicles.

Back