My new project | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My new project

Well I bought a mostly used and almost dead 86' ranger. I know this isn't an explorer but I already have one of those and like it the way it is. This new truck will be almost strictly off-road only. Here is a list of the plans I have for it.

D44 solid front w/ 4.88 gears and detroit

8.8 rear w/ 4.88 detroit

Four link coil suspention on both ends

5.0L C4 and t-case from f-150

Shorten frame remove bed and build custom tube flat bed

Full roll cage in cab and over bed conected to the frame

36x12.5x15 super swamper tsl on bead lock rims

This is all I can think of right now and all I can handle at this time. I estimate the completion of all these profects to be around a year or so.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sounds like a blast! Keep us updated:D

My two money pits

Attachments

• ap17-001.jpg
    ap17-001.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 466

the POS...LOL

Attachments

• ap17-002.jpg
    ap17-002.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 457

I only hope so Robb

Well I'm off to a good start I got it into the garage...kind of:) I am going to start the mods this weekend and hopefully get the front end ripped out. I plan on going dirt biking in moab so I don't know how much I will actually get done.

Attachments

• ap21-048.jpg
    ap21-048.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 405

It's all gone just waiting on the axle.

Attachments

• ap26-010.jpg
    ap26-010.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 338

Oh there it is

Attachments

• ap26-014.jpg
    ap26-014.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 343

If you need any help let me know. I love to weld

thats a bad ass truck man.. how much u get that thing for? i remember one time, last summer me and my frend bought a 86' toyota for 800 bucks and took it out to the dunes... We had a blast man.. having a truck u don't care about while running over mailboxes is the best thing in life... After a week of driving rough we dropped the axle and transmission down the street from my frenz house after a reckless night of drifting through corners..

Yeah I bought it for 700 with new 33 MT's and eagle 589's and it runs.

Thanks Boyle, My cousin ownes a welding and fab shop up here so I think I got it covered.

I have an axle under it already. I have it mocked up just waiting for the money to build my controll arms.

I just got back from moab, from watching the rock crawling comp. and now my head is full of crazy ideas..lol

wow man.. 700 bucks? that included the tires and rims? damm.. the tires and rims alone cost at least 300 bucks... haha so that means u go the truck for like 400.. damm doode wat a steal...

Thats what I'm saying:)

Back