• Register Today It's free!

Need some opinions....

beenwrong2002

Reaction score
City, State
Dallas,TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
96' Ford Explorer XLT 4x4
On my 96' Explorer 4x4 4.0 L with the pa853 3" body lift i currently have 31" BFG A/T. It looks like i still have a lot of room so i think i wanna move up to 33" BFG A/T. The problem is im not a 100% sure that they will fit without rubbing. So do yall think I can fit them without any problems? has anybody done this exact scenario? Please help and suggestions would be good! Plus yall think $126 per tire is good for 33.10.5.15 (i think) bfg A/T ?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If you've done a torsion twist and rear leaf shackles you should be able to fit 33's. If not it'll be pretty close.

If you've done a torsion twist and rear leaf shackles you should be able to fit 33's. If not it'll be pretty close.

no tt or shackles...just the 3" body lift...ive heard on here people fitting 31" stock, no lift or anything...so i figured with the 3" BL i should be ok...but i need some more opinions!! Keep em comin !

cmon yall need some help here...

ugh i was hoping there would be no trimming involved...i dont like the idea of cuttin on my baby :(
Anybody else have any opinions? Any help is appreciated!

Like they said above do a TT with shackles and maybe a aal you should be fine. As far as not having to trim.

Same Question but w/pics now

Ok same question. i have 96' explorer 4x4 with 3" body lift and 31' bfg a/t tires. I have already ordered 33x10.5x15 (i think). This is what my setup currently looks like. I just need some more opinions if yall think the new tires will fit with NO SHACKLES and NO TT. Thank you all for all the help. Please help :) First pic is of front tires and 2nd pic is back tires :p:

tires1.jpg

tires2.jpg

you will probally have to trim some of the front fender in the rear...where your rockers are...you will def. need to do it if you plan on flexing it out...assuming you dont want rubbing...i have 31 swampers with spindles and tt in the front (about 5") and i still rub while flexing(with sway bars connected)...

what if i dont plan on really flexing....

maybe just a tad...i would probally say def. for the rockers, and a good chance for the front plastic...it would be failry minor though...mine are trimmed and you cant tell unless you are looking for it...just be smooth with the exacto and it will work out great...

what about just a torsion bar twist, think that would clear the tires if i was rubbin just a tad...how hard is a torsion bar twist to do....?

I merged these threads since it's the same question. You can just add pics to the existing thread without starting a new one if it's the same topic...

ok but back to my question...will the tires fit with just the torsion bar twist?

ok but back to my question...will the tires fit with just the torsion bar twist?
Click the link in my other post again and see what it says. Every truck is different so nobody will be able to tell you for sure either way. I would just get them and adjust if needed...
Dead Link Removed

Should fit with a little trimming. If not, then you can do the tt and shackles if needed.

From the pictures it looks like the rear will fit a 33 x 10.5, but the front looks like it'd be pretty close. Might look a little funny if you do just the torsion twist with the nose sticking up higher than the rear.

No one else has mentioned this so I will.

You will need to re-gear if you go with 33" tires.

You SHOULD re gear with 33's for sure.

I have a 3" body lift and warrior shackles, I clear 33x12.50 AT's mounted on 15x8 rims with 3.75" of backspacing.
I plan to do a torsion twist up front soon to clear 100%, there is slight rubbing, even with trimming of the tupperware.

I have 3.73 gears with a modded 5.0L and its not too bad, but 4.10 or 4.56 gears would be FAR better.
32's should clear 100% BUT every truck is different.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

No one else has mentioned this so I will.

You will need to re-gear if you go with 33" tires.

where/what/when/why lol....how much are gears that would push these tires fine and be good on the occasional offroad...where could i get these from...what could happend if i DIDNT regear...torsion bar twist only raises the FRONT end?

Back