How to: - New Forscan Update Allows Module Programming | Page 48 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How to: New Forscan Update Allows Module Programming

Prefix for threads which are instructional.
I didn't try it as I don't have Forscan or a laptop, but know someone who does, but haven't met with him yet.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Good morning. I have read through this thread, it was much easier than the f150 forscan thread (Now 1800 pages). I have seen many people asking about disabling the signature lights. Has anyone come to a conclusion on this? Thanks

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
I may be mistaken but I think that 613GT500 may have done it. See post #711.

Peter

Only option to turn DRL on or off.
This feature is not present for the signature light.
However, with DRL off and light dial turned to auto, my signature lights do not come on during daylight.

I have tried this, no dice. Even if it did, it sounds like it comes on at night?

I have tried this, no dice. Even if it did, it sounds like it comes on at night?
Unless you have a PIU, it is not possible to turn off the signature lighting.
When I had the 2016 EX Sport, it seemed to be a glitch that the signature lighting turned off during the day when the light setting was on auto.

Is anyone else getting a ton of DTC codes ?

I picked up a used 17 limited today and plugged it in for some programming

The car was on, engine off.

I saw 10 or so DTC's in multiple modules.

Is this normal? A lot of communication errors. Nothing seems to be wrong with the car.

The cable I'm using is fine. I used it in my truck with no issues

Is anyone else getting a ton of DTC codes ?

I picked up a used 17 limited today and plugged it in for some programming

The car was on, engine off.

I saw 10 or so DTC's in multiple modules.

Is this normal? A lot of communication errors. Nothing seems to be wrong with the car.

The cable I'm using is fine. I used it in my truck with no issues

Have you updated to the latest FORScan version? That may help.

Yesterday I updated to the latest version and received some communication errors with my 2018...I re-installed the FORScan newest version and then everything worked as it should. Stray electron running around...I guess?

Yup. .I tried that.
I got errors both times.

Maybe I'll try with the engine on.

Yup. .I tried that.
I got errors both times.

Maybe I'll try with the engine on.

I saw on the F-150 forum some others were having issues with FORScan during the last day or so...they reloaded the new version, again, and it worked for them too. They, like me, kept getting a communication error with multiple DTCs...the reload of FORScan fixed the error.

Be extremely cautious about making any FORScan changes with your engine running...I highly recommend against it. Several of your modules do a complete reboot when you make a change...a reboot while your engine is running could cause all kinds of problems!

Strange. I checked and I am on the newest version which I downloaded last night.

DTCS.png

ABS1.png

APIM2.png

This is a dumb question but how do you turn the car "on" without the engine running?

In older cars with a key you would turn to ACC, then ON, then the starter

Does the push button only have 2 positions? Engine running and On?

I just assumed I'd push the button without the brake.

I haven't tried to clear the DTC's yet.
Maybe I will.

This is a dumb question but how do you turn the car "on" without the engine running?

In older cars with a key you would turn to ACC, then ON, then the starter

Does the push button only have 2 positions? Engine running and On?

I just assumed I'd push the button without the brake.

I haven't tried to clear the DTC's yet.
Maybe I will.
Yup, just push button, without the brake.

Strange. I checked and I am on the newest version which I downloaded last night.

View attachment 167044

View attachment 167045

View attachment 167046

Ahhh...now I see what you are talking about...you are not getting a communication error as I mentioned. You have various DTCs from a used vehicle...as you can see these didn’t trip any lights, but are ‘records’ of deviations from the normal range.

I would reset the DTCs and go on/monitor going forward.

Let us know how it works out for you.

Now I'm nervous about my car.
I don't see any sign of accident.
Hmmm

I have a 5 day no questions asked return policy

I don’t think it’s serious...many times a DTC will show but is only because of a momentary deviation.

Your ABS freeze frame data shows the event happened at 37,681 km...how many miles/km are on the vehicle now?

Reset the DTCs today...drive it a couple of days and recheck. If you don’t like what you find then you are still within your 5 day window.

About 37600.
So maybe it was the plugging in of the reader that did it.

Good point on checking the log details.

If you have made the change to your Sync 3 screen to show the Lincoln Theme, you may have noticed the ambient lighting choices are not correct (i.e., you select blue but get red).

I can verify the below FORScan change fixes the incorrect ambient color choices on my 2018 Sport:

BCM 726-31-02 xxxx 07xx xxxx

You will now have the correct color choices for the Lincoln Theme.

I reset all DTCs just now. I checked with the car off and then with the car on. no DTC's.
I'll keep watch for a few days. Thanks for the assistance.

Hopefully as you suggested it was some sort of momentary issue.
The car drives fine and I did make some changes and they all seem to be working out great.

I've been digging and have not been able to dig anything up on this.

When I turn recirc on in the HVAC controls the only time it stays in is if it is in AC mode. In all others the recirc turns off after a period of time.

Any way to change this in Forscan?

TIA

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
You'll have to wait for the Forscan guys for that answer. Unfortunately, that isn't me. There is a lot of info un the Manual on how recirculation is supposed to work. I don't think I've ever used that button in the last 3 vehicles I've had. Good luck.

Peter

Back