Official Colorado Colors Run 09 - Ouray: Sept 4-7th, 2009 | Page 24 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Official Colorado Colors Run 09 - Ouray: Sept 4-7th, 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

on the last leg of the nug out the door, bank, store, hair cut, check every things in the truck and i'm gone

You guys have fun! we are going camping this 3 day weekend, I wish so bad it was down there with this group!!!

Just cant drive 6 hours with the baby and then drive some more all day (wheel)
I will be looking at the moon from my perch up near St Marys glacier at midnight on Friday "cheersing" a beer to my friends down in Ouray!!!

Wow, haven't been keeping up on the forum like I should, So is this a main offroad kinda trip?

Wow, haven't been keeping up on the forum like I should, So is this a main offroad kinda trip?

There's a name I haven't seen in a while. Every Laborday we try to do a run somewhere here in Colorado. I believe it was on one of the Salida runs where we met. Its just an excuse to get together and have fun (like we need one :D )

I'm currently sitting at my parent's place in Colona. The haze from the fires isn't too aweful but it is restricting visibility. The good thing is there are no fire restrictions in the area (that I can find anyway). Should be at the KOA around 6:30-7:00 tonight.

Well just got to the hotel about 1/2 hr ago and pulled in next to Scott.

Ran Ophir pass. It was raining on 550 just outside of Silverton. I turned off the pavement and didnt see a drop of rain after that.

m_DSC07514.jpg

Then into Telluride and to Last Dollar Road. Some nice houses and ranches back in those hills.

Ahhhh Sheep! The road is blocked....by sheep!

m_DSC07516.jpg

m_DSC07520.jpg

Once the herd passed I continued on, it was a nice and easy scenic trail.

My pics will be uploaded to here for those keeping track. I will start a new thread soon and close this one down for trip pics and reports.

http://s18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/Brian4x4/Ouray CO LaborDay09/

We are kicking back by the campfire. Have a full moon shining down on us. Most everybody has had a long day, so it's an early bed time. After B-fast we will start our first Trail run. Went to the local German "Billy guff's Beer Garden for dinner, and some tasted some authentic German "Hefe-wixen" Beer. It was Wunderba!

Hurry up and get out here guys!

Hurry up and get out here guys!

Gave the '91 a thorough inspection, which it passed with flying colors. Front diff was low on fluid :scratch: but everything else was up to snuff, so after a topoff of synthetic she was deemed good to go. The wifes '97 of course decided to test out it's check engine light this evening but the three codes it dumped didn't seem terribly important, so I cleared 'em and will plan to tune it up after the weekend. Both trucks are packed, we'll be rolling out of Denver around noon, be in Ouray around supper. Hope to see you guys around a campfire for a beer tomorrow night, otherwise Saturday morning at the Ice Rink!

Trucks Packed leaving from work At 3:00 prob wont get to meet anybody this evening unless theres some night owls in this group. Dont think I will ghet into the Koa until about 1:00 or 2:00am. Look forward to meeting everyone @ Ice Park on Saturday Morning. :burnout:

ill wave to ya joker, im just leaving for the koa. always liked setting up my tent in the dark.....

Added to my pics.

Today we ran Corkscrew Gulch to Hurricane Pass to California Pass to Animas Forks for a lunch stop. From there we ran Picayne and Placier Gulch and then returned to Ouray.

Few from today-

m_DSC07530.jpg

m_DSC07533.jpg

m_DSC07548.jpg

so im broken down in gunnison. if anyone gets this and has anyone's cell number, please pass this on. this is going to be a long night, and probably a longer day tomorrow.

Jim, I sent some numbers that I had to you in a PM. Unfortunately I am not able to do anything tonight, not sure about the others.

What is wrong/broken? Hope you can get it fixed and back on the road.

Jim,
If you get this call my cell phone 314-941-9368. I am not taking my rig on black bear today and I am planning on riding along. But if you need help let me ASAP!!!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

...Any updates???...:scratch:

..When we last heard, we had Jim broke down in Gunnison and we haven't heard a word from the people who went on Black Bear Rd...I know there has to be some pucker stories to tell..:D...:popcorn:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back