[photo diary] My 1994 explorer | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

[photo diary] My 1994 explorer

Respect for taking on a rebuild yourself. :thumbsup: Not too many people these days who would be willing to take that on. I'm looking forward to seeing more pics of the rebuild :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

thanks!!! just wish i knew where one bearing went :p i would have had the thing back together yesterday, i have looked everywhere and cant seem to figure it out

My only comment is this....This kid is great !

thanks! the one part of that transmission, no one has pictures of is where im snagged on and i cant for the life of me figure it out grrr

Well I finally figured it out and i have it all back together. Now time to put it in the car thats the fun part... :p:

downsized_0329011612.jpg
hopefully the last time ill see the od drum :rolleyes:

0329011638.jpg
THought id add my personal touch :D any punisher fans out there?

And finally the one of the last pics before its under the x Although i will wire brush it and clean it up before i put it back up... Gotta be proud of my work!! :dpchug:
0329011702.jpg

Until i get it installed.... stay tuned!!! :biggthump

<object width="400" height="266" ><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="movie" value="http://www.facebook.com/v/1723889295594" /><embed src="http://www.facebook.com/v/1723889295594" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="400" height="266"></embed></object>

Back before it broke :p

Well today since its raining i cant install my trans. its cold too, but anyway i decided to go to the shop and get it ready to go back in the truck. So after that i was thinking and i decided to make a heat shield. Yes ik ik its ugly but hey It will keep the servos and tranny fluid from baking :p:

0330011429.jpg

I will post pics when i get it installed. stay tuned!:exp:

5575488969_1c695b3e83_z.jpg

Just thought id give ya an update on what the truck looks like these days... Notice the painted center caps... :rolleyes: seems like i paint everything with the black paint... The tailgate pillars.. center pillars front grill and headlight bezels.. Next on the list is the inserts on the doorpanels.. and the vents on the dash. :D before all that i gotta put the interior back :p:

5576126354_b1c30764fb_z.jpg

Patiently waiting for the weather to improve :rolleyes: till then..

Well i got my a4ld installed or at least bolted up :D Just now having issues with the bellhousing bolts... I got all of them in Besides one at the very top and one on the right side... I still have to mount the transfer case. I also gotta hook up the cooler lines wiring harness reconnect the drive shafts and put some new fluid in it and I gotta tighten my Converter bolts... Oh yeah and put the intake back on.. But yeah that was a pain in the butt with no trannie jack :p: I dont have pics because i was trying to install it before it started raining But i will post pics on sunday :D I sure hope my trans works right... I put lotsa work into it. feel free to ask any question!!!

Haven't gotten there yet on mine, but don't forget the dipstick retainer on the top bellhousing bolts. I know you said you had a problem reaching it, and had done it from the top (I couldn't get in there), but would hate for you to have to remove them again once they're in.

Much luck!

Nice man Im getting the same one for the back glass!

Nice truck, and nice work.

Keep it up.

Well big big update.... Transmission is all installed But i have not been able to test it because of issues with the starter that i have worked out but the battery is drained so im charging it so i can test it. Its kinda scary how I put a battery in last night with only 3 spark plugs in... I was trying to see if i had the ignition fixed and i turned it and it started up after sitting for months with 3 plugs out.... So we will see

Well Finally got to getting my truck running... I have a problem with the trans... The z link in the trans must be backwards because nothing lines up and i have no reverse and its messing up my neutral saftey switch too causing my ignition not to work unless i put it to where it says R. So i guess ill be dropping the pan again :rolleyes: But the good news is It goes right into gear no hesitation at all! I just hope i can get this issue worked out. after that ill just have an exaust leak to deal with :rolleyes: always sumthin.... but anyways i put the carpet back in with some extra up front to keep the noise out
5593548953_34aace952b_z.jpg

Ill update when i get it all worked out :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well, you are in the home stretch. An auto trans rebuild is an advanced job, and even though you have to go back a step to make it right, you know how it is going to feel when it is perfect.

I also want to encourage you to keep posting pictures. Every time you do, you are showing people like me what it's like, well, like the last picture. Now I know what it is like with the seats out. I may use that someday!

Back